What should i go for if im sick of SPB 3?

Guest xfer85

Guest GodsGift

wow thats really helpfull!! lol

there are lots of replacements to SPB3

pointui seems to be the best specially with Oceans skins. Some people swear by M2D although I'm not too keen.

I am waiting for SPB's next release of Mobile Shell (3.5?) which should introduce some cool stuff.

GG

Guest Nicklashidegard

Personally i'm a great fan of M2D (very easy to use, functional and fast) and NeoTitanium (clean, sleak).. SPB 3 gives me a headache, too fiddly and gimmicky :)

Just my 2 pence...

Ya, i find spb3 too 'gimmicky' as well, thats why i was thinking of going with MD2 or touchflo, but aint totally sure how they would fit on omnia. I know i like what i see on HTC, but i dont expect it to come close in term of slickness.

Guest plguzman

From time to time, I get bored of SPB3... I change my "Lifestyle" screen regularly, changing widgets, etc... I'm always testing any new interface that comes out (Titanium, Neo Titanium, Manila, Pointui, etc) but IMO SPB is the best. So I always go back lol. It just gives me what I want.

Guest jmsmartins
Been using SPB 3 since it's launch, but am getting sick of it. What would you suggest and why?

It depends on what you want to see in your "home".

I've tried almost everything. Used m2d for a long long time, it's simple but you can see only 1 next appintment, wich i don't like much. despite that, it's great.

used spb3 for some weeks to and for me it's the most functional and supports a lot of costumizations also.

also tried pointui and gave up because of an issue with contacts menu.

touch shell is +-.

now i'm using winterface and considering moving to spb2! (yes, 2... lol)

Guest meabigbaldguy

I got sick of SPB 3 a long time ago because it was too gimmicky and cartoony. Then I tried M2D for a little while, liked it, and then realized that if I wanted an HTC, then I would have bought one. I've tried WAD, but don't really have the time now to invest in the theme generation. Currently, I'm using Titanium and am happy with it - for now.

For me, personally, I prefer a very professional and clean looking interface.

Guest grumbly_bum

I was a big fan of SPB 2, and was looking forward to 3 based on the preview. But when it actually came out I found that it wasn't really that practical for me...

Since then I used M2D for a little bit, then moved on to the standard Titanium in WM 6.5 with a few good add ins. However, I found M2D to be a little memory hungry, and Titanium was a little hard to get to the things I used most. I've been using WM 6.1 with PointUI Home2 using Oceans PointSense theme for a little while now, which I've been happy with - with a couple of extra plugins. It's probably a little more memory and battery hungry then SPB 3, but it's a lot more flexible (eg. shortcuts wherever you like). The only thing it's really missing is the ability to put direct shortcuts to URL's, but then you can just put a shortcut to the "quick shortcut launcher", which isn't that bad.

So I'd suggest Oceans pointsense theme is worth giving a go :)

I have to disagree with all the negative comments regarding SPB3. Its a great UI. Its even better if you modified it. Personally I felt SPB 3 was better than m2d or any of the other UIs (such as neo, never liked it to begin with)

After SPB3, I'd say hands down to point UI. its probably the best UI i've used, but again everyone has their taste.

you can customize point UI to exactly wat you want, thats what I love about it. Other UIs feel restricted in that sense.

If you are interested check out this theme:

http://community.pointui.com/topic/suite-v...v2-make-it-mine

:)

When you're talking professional, SPB is the only way to go. Good, extensive calender and still enough space for clock and notifications. M2D en PointUI are mainly "slick" and although very good-looking, just can't match SPB.

Guest Lunchbox77

well, the most stylish is the basic titanium, the htc is too bulky, and it's htc, not samsung, maybe sense ui will be better but not well integrated into systems other manufactirers, or the wm 6.5.3453465346346...it's evolving in good way

I have to disagree with all the negative comments regarding SPB3. Its a great UI. Its even better if you modified it. Personally I felt SPB 3 was better than m2d or any of the other UIs (such as neo, never liked it to begin with)

After SPB3, I'd say hands down to point UI. its probably the best UI i've used, but again everyone has their taste.

you can customize point UI to exactly wat you want, thats what I love about it. Other UIs feel restricted in that sense.

If you are interested check out this theme:

http://community.pointui.com/topic/suite-v...v2-make-it-mine

:)

Wow, didnt know about that! Had a look at it, everything seems cool and slick. Any downside using them though? Like any problems faced so far causing big distress?

P.S. Since im using SPB 3 now, do i need to hard reset my Omnia before installing point UI?

Guest meabigbaldguy
P.S. Since im using SPB 3 now, do i need to hard reset my Omnia before installing point UI?

There's no need to hard reset if you just simply uninstall SPB3. It may take a little longer than normal to uninstall, but it will go, and then soft reset.

As far as a "slick and clean" interface, I think that I'll just stick with Titanium for now.

As far as a "slick and clean" interface, I think that I'll just stick with Titanium for now.

I tried PointUI and though the PointSense theme is cool the whole interface is a bit laggy. But it has the potential. Pardon a noob question but what is Titanium and where can I download it from?

Cheers.

Guest snowsakura

My fav would be spb 3 definately.. in terms of functionality and looks

Hm..PointUi is really sleek yes,..but it actually sucks up quite alot of your phone ram...about 10 mb of it ...so ..on the average , omnia has 50 plus mb ram free....that doesnt leave much for point ui..

Touch shell is another good options :) just tried its latest version..and bought it for my old o2 atom phone..There are many additons like finger friendly menus and user interface if you choose to install the full set..

M2d is nice , but i dont use it as it conflicts with spb pocket plus close button..

Titanium is the default plugin that comes with winmo 6.5 ..i am under the impression that titanium is built into the rom..but you could get it from here

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=525267

ya need to sign up a account to download

Another version of it is neotitanium

Edited by snowsakura

Guest jmsmartins
Been using SPB 3 since it's launch, but am getting sick of it. What would you suggest and why?

Get 3.5

it's amazing! even more costumization and some great widgets added

Guest meabigbaldguy
I use the cab file for installation... can't find the link for uninstalling SPB 3. Any advise from the 'Guru' here????

Thanks..

Uninstall Spb3 from Settings/System/Remove Programs. It will clean completely. I've already done this a few times with both version 2 and 3. If you are using the iMarche skins, then delete those first. Run the Original script, and then delete the entire iMarche folder from wherever it is saved. Then remove SPB.