Switching i910 handsets

Guest Sky Masters

Guest Sky Masters

Hello all, I'm seeking some helpful hints and useful advice....

I'm switching i910 handsets and I need to make sure I back up everything on the current handset before I move stuff to the new handset.

My question is what is the best way to make sure I have everything before I send the old handset back? I want to make sure I have everything before I send it back.

Also, being an avid flasher (shoutout and thanks to all Cooks out there!) should I switch the ROM back to the original verizon version?

Any help is most appreciated!

Guest level140
ive always just formatted my storage and flashed back to the stock samsung rom

Lol. Formatting doesn't erase information. It just removes the label the hdd made for it. It's very possible to recover it.

Guest KP Admiral
Lol. Formatting doesn't erase information. It just removes the label the hdd made for it. It's very possible to recover it.

Depends on what kind of format...

But why would they bother to recover it anyways? :)

anyhow...

To answer the OP's questions. I usually use SPB Backup or Resco Backup, I only really care about my texts/MMS/contacts/calendar, and those two take care of those for me. I don't backup apps since I have all the cabs on a SD card as is. If you only care about texts/contacts/cal and don't want to spend the money or pirate, then you can use PIM Backup as that will perform the same function and is free.

Also, I would try and flash back to an official ROM when returning a phone/exchanging, as they do at times check a phone and deem it's warranty status on what they see.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jaystekan

How do I flash back to the original Verizon rom? I need the original verizon rom back on my omnia. I don't even know how to find the original rom anywhere... I am very new to this, 2nd day with phone and I tried different cooked roms, and now want to get my phone back to the way it came from Verizon, but I don;t know how to find the original rom.... Help please?????????

Guest necosino
How do I flash back to the original Verizon rom? I need the original verizon rom back on my omnia. I don't even know how to find the original rom anywhere... I am very new to this, 2nd day with phone and I tried different cooked roms, and now want to get my phone back to the way it came from Verizon, but I don;t know how to find the original rom.... Help please?????????

Just follow my guide here

Guest DirtySanchez
when I switch my phones out I usually brick it on purpose lol let the flash go half way then pull the plug

For sure if there is anyway u should give back a phone u have used it should be bricked, that way they cant get into the main memory, but the My Storage (i think) should stay intact even when bricked & if they can remove it like a HDD then i can be read at that time.

The real truth is if u have a Verizon Omnia its the last of this model, they are no longer being made by Samsung so all the stock that Verizon has they need to used them up so they can make room (in there stock for taxes) so they can keep the new up and comers and not have to pay taxes for old phones.

So long story shot if u Brick, Break, or lose your Omnia & have the ins on your acct. & cant sign a new contract to get the Omnia II, or any of the other new phones then send it back they are just giving these things away to get rid of them.

my 2 cents is DONT waste your time with Win6.1 there is nothing better about it (except its not in beta) & for the Omnia it makes it just that much better of a phone.

Guest DirtySanchez
Just follow my guide here

Have i told you "that you are the man/woman" lately

( "man/woman" Dont want to offend)

Edited by DirtySanchez