weird question about charging my i910

Guest joshaleejordan

Guest joshaleejordan

i just purchased a bluetooth thing for my car that has a usb out to charge mp3 players and such. is there an app that allows me to charge my omnia with this. plugging it in doesn't do anything, and i'll run the battery down like crazy if i don't have it charging while i play music. the bluetooth thing takes up my ac out.

on a side note, i flashed about 1000 cooked roms yesterday after some re-assurance from blazingwolf. those of you who are complete punks to new guys like me could use a lesson from one of the more predominant members of this board..... be nice.

Guest blazingwolf
the usb cable doesn't charge and really doesn't charge from the computer

Hmm, not quite true. It will charge but it will not do so while using the device as it requires more power in than a USB port can provide. Typically if the devices is above 50% charge or so (this can be different for each laptop and device) and not being used then the USB port will charge the phone.

Guest joshaleejordan

ahhhhhh. that explains so much. the only way i've ever been able to get a charge from the computer is to make sure i've ended all tasks and the display is off. the "charge/plug" icon doesn't even turn on when i plug up to the device i just bought. oh well. guess i have to buy a lame ac splitter. thanks for the input guys.

Guest kingneptune

Or buy a truck like mine with two cigarette lighter sockets :)

Those splitters are ok though for what you need. My car stereo accepts Stereo Bluetooth though so I just leave the phone plugged into the 12v car charger.

I have never notice the lack of charging from PC, mind you I've always used a desktop, maybe laptops don't supply the same amout of juice.

Guest joshaleejordan
Or buy a truck like mine with two cigarette lighter sockets :)

Those splitters are ok though for what you need. My car stereo accepts Stereo Bluetooth though so I just leave the phone plugged into the 12v car charger.

I have never notice the lack of charging from PC, mind you I've always used a desktop, maybe laptops don't supply the same amout of juice.

i know i know. i have a sony stereo that does bluetooth, but i bought a new yaris that they don't make a dash kit for yet. you can't even take the stereo out, it's part of the dash. so i just have to wait. but hey .... i get 1000 miles a gallon