Brand New to Andriod. Need a little help (Noob alert)

Guest Musicrocks182

Guest Musicrocks182

So I just received my Hero in the mail and I have a couple of issues. First of all I do not have the marketplace. It is not on my phone at all. Second is 2.73.728.5 the newest rom? I dont think it is. Thanks in advance for your help!

So I just received my Hero in the mail and I have a couple of issues. First of all I do not have the marketplace. It is not on my phone at all. Second is 2.73.728.5 the newest rom? I dont think it is. Thanks in advance for your help!

Is that phone "unlocked" ? what i mean, its from some e-shop and it should support all operators, or its orange/t-mobile/o2.... limited? latest "official version" from htc is 2.73.405.5

(as far i know)

Yes it is unlocked. Not branded to any company.

Sooo, what i found

2.73.728.5 - is Official release for Asia ( i guess its just some modded version containing different radio version and such ) but i am no skilled android user, so you should wait for some other reply

2.73.405.5 - is Official release for Europe

Guest Musicrocks182

Please I really really need help. I flashed the recovery img so I could put the custom rom now it is just boot looping. It will not boot into the phone anymore :) please help please.