Battery Indicator Sticking

Guest Nobber

Hello I ve had my TG01 for a couple of weeks now and on a regular basis I look at the battery indicator and can't beleive it shows 100% as the device has been unplugged for some time and been used, then sometimes after a reboot the battery indicator displays the correct charge, once the screen just went black and the device wouldn't reboot as the battery was completely dead, has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks

Nobber

Hello I ve had my TG01 for a couple of weeks now and on a regular basis I look at the battery indicator and can't beleive it shows 100% as the device has been unplugged for some time and been used, then sometimes after a reboot the battery indicator displays the correct charge, once the screen just went black and the device wouldn't reboot as the battery was completely dead, has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks

Nobber

You mean that you cant turn on the device?

Guest delboydell

Thanks

Nobber

yes welcome to the club!

Guest duffdemon

Thanks

Nobber

Yep it does this to me too. It will tell me my charge is at 100% and I know it can’t possibly be that because I have been using it all day. I have been having lots of charging weirdness...

Sometimes on odd occasions I will plug it into the wall charger last thing at night and although it says it is charging, when I wake up I find the phone to be dead.

The phone will charge off the USB cable if plugged into a PC but it will not charge using the cable if plugged into a mains to usb, or a car to usb adaptor and I have tried two different types for both.

I purchased a car charger for it from ebay that said it works with this phone and sure enough when I first tried it, it did. But now it won’t charge from that either.

On one occasion when I plugged it in to the wall charger that came with the phone, a notification popped up on the phone telling me that I was drawing too much power from the battery and so it could charge it. I have never seen that message before on a windows mobile device.

Guest Neil5459

The TG01 definitely has issues with it's device detection via the microUSB port.

A lot of charging adapters are seen as data devices, so it decides not to allow charging. A few are correctly seen as charging devices. One of the connection pins needs to be disabled to ensure a device is detected as a charger, but this involves 'surgery' to the plug or cable so not advisable! The included USB to microUSB converter cable is data only so can't be used for charging.

I use a motorola microUSB car charger which works OK, but neither of my 'power pack' chargers (small self-contained emergency chargers) was recognised until I connected using a miniUSB to microUSB adapter (got mone from MobileFun for about £3); now I cna use my Maplin 2000mAh recharger with no problems.

Guest leeston2379
A lot of charging adapters are seen as data devices, so it decides not to allow charging. A few are correctly seen as charging devices. One of the connection pins needs to be disabled to ensure a device is detected as a charger, but this involves 'surgery' to the plug or cable so not advisable! The included USB to microUSB converter cable is data only so can't be used for charging.

The phone will charge off the USB cable if plugged into a PC but it will not charge using the cable if plugged into a mains to usb, or a car to usb adaptor and I have tried two different types for both.

below is a quote from a post of mine, thread is HERE. Hope this can help some of you (though i realise a little off topic)

The car charger with usb socket won't work due to the data pins being allowd to float. They need to be shorted so a bit of soldering inside the charger or strip the cable and twisting the white and green together should sort it (if you twist dont then plug it back into your PC, bad things will happen). Though i realise not everyone will want to mess around in this way. Its a bit disapointing that toshiba overlooked this, as the worst thing my diamond did was ask me if i wanted to activesync or flashdrive as the floating data made it think there was a PC attached.

EDIT:

I've just confirmed this data thing. When my PC is off the 5v rail stays live so you can charge things from the usb ports when its off. My Tg01 charges fine with the PC on using the supplied sync cable but when i turn it off and the data disapears it stops charging, non of my other phones/devices do this, they continue to charge. So i belive you either need valid activesync data or a short on the data line for your TG01 to charge. Odd though it may seem voltage alone is not enough.

Edited by leeston2379

Guest duffdemon
below is a quote from a post of mine, thread is HERE. Hope this can help some of you (though i realise a little off topic)

The car charger with usb socket won't work due to the data pins being allowd to float. They need to be shorted so a bit of soldering inside the charger or strip the cable and twisting the white and green together should sort it (if you twist dont then plug it back into your PC, bad things will happen). Though i realise not everyone will want to mess around in this way. Its a bit disapointing that toshiba overlooked this, as the worst thing my diamond did was ask me if i wanted to activesync or flashdrive as the floating data made it think there was a PC attached.

EDIT:

I've just confirmed this data thing. When my PC is off the 5v rail stays live so you can charge things from the usb ports when its off. My Tg01 charges fine with the PC on using the supplied sync cable but when i turn it off and the data disapears it stops charging, non of my other phones/devices do this, they continue to charge. So i belive you either need valid activesync data or a short on the data line for your TG01 to charge. Odd though it may seem voltage alone is not enough.

You are a star! I'm going to reply to your original post to confirm what you said works as we are a little off topic.

Also thanks Neil5459, I will purchase one of those adapters from where you suggested as I didn't get one with my phone.

Guest Neil5459
Also thanks Neil5459, I will purchase one of those adapters from where you suggested as I didn't get one with my phone.

This is the one I use. Now costs £4.85 plus postage. Works well with my external miniUSB power packs, and also works OK with my Motorola miniUSN car charger, though it needed to be in Landscape mode in the car, or the cable tension was too great.