Issue with delayed ringtone

Guest Krissi

I have a problem with incoming calls. The led and trackball lights up instantly, but it takes "forever" before the ringtone starts. I have tested this with both custom and stock ringtones. I see the same delay with SMS tone.

This actually results in that I miss a lot of calls. :-(

Has anyone else the same issue, and found any solution?

Build: MoDaCo 2.3

Baseband: 63.18.55.06EU_6.35.05.18

Krissi

I have a problem with incoming calls. The led and trackball lights up instantly, but it takes "forever" before the ringtone starts. I have tested this with both custom and stock ringtones. I see the same delay with SMS tone.

This actually results in that I miss a lot of calls. :-(

Has anyone else the same issue, and found any solution?

Build: MoDaCo 2.3

Baseband: 63.18.55.06EU_6.35.05.18

Krissi

i see little delay also, but its not much of an issue, could u stopwatch how long it take ?

i see little delay also, but its not much of an issue, could u stopwatch how long it take ?

Actually it differs. Sometimes it can take up to 5-6 seconds (and therefore 5-6 rings) before the phone comes to life. This includes the led and trackball light and the ringtone.

Other time the led and trackball light goes on immediately, but it takes 2-3 seconds before the ringtone starts.

And other times it reacts immediately. This is very frustrating.

Krissi

Actually it differs. Sometimes it can take up to 5-6 seconds (and therefore 5-6 rings) before the phone comes to life. This includes the led and trackball light and the ringtone.

Other time the led and trackball light goes on immediately, but it takes 2-3 seconds before the ringtone starts.

And other times it reacts immediately. This is very frustrating.

Krissi

did this happen with original (htc) firmware also?

did this happen with original (htc) firmware also?

I'm pretty sure it was not like this with the "old" ROM on the phone.

But I'm not sure if there is a difference between the new stock ROM from HTC and MoDaCos.

I first upgraded to the new HTC ROM, and then to MoDaCo's 2.2 and then 2.3.

I'm pretty sure it was not like this with the "old" ROM on the phone.

But I'm not sure if there is a difference between the new stock ROM from HTC and MoDaCos.

I first upgraded to the new HTC ROM, and then to MoDaCo's 2.2 and then 2.3.

I noticed this too on my Hero. I think it's related to the Bluetooth headset which is in my car. I think it looks for the headset before actually starting to ring. Are you paired with any device by any chance?

I've noticed this, but the delay only seems to be 1.5 to 2 seconds, not a game changer but quite annoying.

If that could be reduced so it all happens instantly I'd be happy.

I noticed this too on my Hero. I think it's related to the Bluetooth headset which is in my car. I think it looks for the headset before actually starting to ring. Are you paired with any device by any chance?

No, this mainly happens when the phone is not paired. Haven't noticed this delay in the car (where my Bluetooth headset is) so far. But that might just be a coincidence.

I have tested some:

I have WI-FI off, Bluetooth and GPS off. Doesn't matter.

I have initiated full sync with all of the Google apps (mail, contacts and calendar) and at the same time tried to call the Hero. It didn't seem to make a difference. I also tried to call the phone when it was in "sleep" mode, and sometimes it delays and other times it answers immediately.

I have also experienced that the ringtone does not ring at all. The trackball and LED lights up, but no ringtone even if I let the phone ring out until it goes to my voice mail. And I know that the ring volume is set high.

I'm beginning to wonder if I need to do a wipe and start all over again? But can I be sure that it would help? :)

Krissi

Guest dwattsy21
No, this mainly happens when the phone is not paired. Haven't noticed this delay in the car (where my Bluetooth headset is) so far. But that might just be a coincidence.

I have tested some:

I have WI-FI off, Bluetooth and GPS off. Doesn't matter.

I have initiated full sync with all of the Google apps (mail, contacts and calendar) and at the same time tried to call the Hero. It didn't seem to make a difference. I also tried to call the phone when it was in "sleep" mode, and sometimes it delays and other times it answers immediately.

I have also experienced that the ringtone does not ring at all. The trackball and LED lights up, but no ringtone even if I let the phone ring out until it goes to my voice mail. And I know that the ring volume is set high.

I'm beginning to wonder if I need to do a wipe and start all over again? But can I be sure that it would help? :)

Krissi

I have this problem as well. Bit annoying as it justifies the ridiculous question people ask when you show them all the fancy stuff it can do "does it take calls as well". My best answer was that if too many apps are running then it takes a while, so i use taskiller. Not really sure if this works though, but it's what i have guessed

• 2 weeks later...