SPB Mobile Shell 3.5 released

Guest philly-d

Guest philly-d
thumb_29-Sep-2009_100.png

SPB Mobile Shell Version 3.5 has just launched. Over the years it has been one of the most popular replacement user interfaces (UI) and even comes pre-installed on some devices.

We knew it was coming soon due a premature review that was out yesterday, but now it's official!

There's a review here, official video preview on
and
with it running on the Omnia II I8000

I like the overall look, especially the 3D SMS/Email widgets, but was looking forward to fuller Twitter and Facebook integration a la HTC Sense. Maybe they are saving that for 4.0!

So head on over to the SPB Software site for more product info, purchase for $29.95, or download 15 day trial.

Thanks to carmod over on our Samsung forum for the News!

[Via pocketnow and wmexperts]

Loving it so far. Except that I cannot get the sensor supported carousel animation and can't read the messages in the new 3D SMS view? I have an Omnia i900. Any ideas?

works fine on my Omnia i900, very fast as well. I can see the 3d carousel and 3d sms/mail animations but they dont look as good as in the official video. Also gforce support for carosel doesnt work at all. Doesnt work even on Omnia II ! Is there any hack to enable it ?

Just upgraded on my HTC Touch Diamond, and 3.5 somehow feels more responsive than 3.0? Maybe it's just a feeling, but it really does feel faster. Also I'm glad it doesn't seem to consume more RAM than 3.0. The 3D carousel works with G-Sensor, though I'm not sure about the usability of this, other than to show off to your friends. :)

The 3D SMS view is a nice thing - actually the only thing I missed from Touch Flo 3D. But here the 3D animation is less smooth. It's not bad, but not as smooth as in Touch Flo 3D. I also liked the simple style of Touch Flo 3D SMS view - just plain white letters on dark background.

Edited by Rado

Just upgraded on my HTC Touch Diamond, and 3.5 somehow feels more responsive than 3.0? Maybe it's just a feeling, but it really does feel faster. Also I'm glad it doesn't seem to consume more RAM than 3.0. The 3D carousel works with G-Sensor, though I'm not sure about the usability of this, other than to show off to your friends. :)

The 3D SMS view is a nice thing - actually the only thing I missed from Touch Flo 3D. But here the 3D animation is less smooth. It's not bad, but not as smooth as in Touch Flo 3D. I also liked the simple style of Touch Flo 3D SMS view - just plain white letters on dark background.

too bad all those nice effects only work on HTC, even on SAmsung i8000 they dont work :D

I miss all the nice reflections and gsensor support in 3d charosel on my omnia :P

What a pity !

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Hwkjerry1

I just upgraded from SPB shell 3 to 3.5 and install SPB skins 4.5 from imarche.net. After running MortScript and Install _WQVGA, i get launcher page but there is nothing to choose from. When i continue to click it says Install all Theme (I click YES), Installation DONE!

Here is the error i get (Script\Application\Volatile........(storage card not initialised).

Also i when i go to EXTRA Options under tool >spb skins 4.1 I keep getting another error : Original dat not found. download and extract original dat files.

I have search everywhere but could not find anyone with same problem, i even format my OMNIA. Please help me out.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.