Using TG01 has a modem

Guest pauldyson1uk

Guest pauldyson1uk

Hi All

Iam newbie on her and just got my TG01.

I like it but cant wait for win6.5.

My question is has anybody used it has a moden connected to a laptop and if so HOW.

Cheers

Paul

Guest Neil5459
Hi All

Iam newbie on her and just got my TG01.

I like it but cant wait for win6.5.

My question is has anybody used it has a moden connected to a laptop and if so HOW.

Cheers

Paul

This works fine using a USB connection, but most current WinMo devices seem to have a problem connecting over Bluetooth (which my not be a bad thing considering BT's dire connection speed!)

You need to connect via your USB cable, then go Start/Programs/Internet Sharing. Set the upper box to USB and the lower to whichever cell connection you are using, then just hit the 'Connect' soft key. First time, your PC will load the necessary drivers, to it will take some time, but once done, it will show 'Connected' on the mobile's screen.

Guest xdalover
This works fine using a USB connection, but most current WinMo devices seem to have a problem connecting over Bluetooth (which my not be a bad thing considering BT's dire connection speed!)

You need to connect via your USB cable, then go Start/Programs/Internet Sharing. Set the upper box to USB and the lower to whichever cell connection you are using, then just hit the 'Connect' soft key. First time, your PC will load the necessary drivers, to it will take some time, but once done, it will show 'Connected' on the mobile's screen.

I confirm that this procedure works perfectly....

Best Regards

Guest Neil5459
I feel such a fool now.

Plese don't :) We all have to learn somehow, and it's better to ask a question and get the correct answer than risk doing something wrong and causing more problems!

The WinMo forums are very friendly, and we welcome all questions!

There's a patch for Windows Mobile that allows you to use Dial Up Networking through Bluetooth.

have a look here:

http://www.smartphonemag.com/cms/blogs/3/2121#more2121

to make it even easier, I am attaching the cab that you need to install to get DUN over BT on TG01 (tested and working months ago - this was the first thing I did after I bought my TG01)

WM6_BT_DUN.cab