Is there one that works like iPhone?

Guest xfer85

Guest xfer85

Every time i use iPhone, be it surfing the net, or using its application, the transition between screens is extremely smooth, seemingly lag-free. I'm wondering if there is a rom, probably an extremely light and stable one, that closely emulate that of the iPhone? These lags make me frustrated using Omnia after awhile.

What is it that differs iPhone's performance compared to Omnia's?

Guest meabigbaldguy
Every time i use iPhone, be it surfing the net, or using its application, the transition between screens is extremely smooth, seemingly lag-free. I'm wondering if there is a rom, probably an extremely light and stable one, that closely emulate that of the iPhone? These lags make me frustrated using Omnia after awhile.

I believe that there's only one possible answer...

WINDOWS

Im sure there should be one around, it aint that hard, all you gotta do is find a rom which is an ultralite, preferably wm6.1 as theres less lags and less bugs, and itl be as smooth as it can be, but as soon as u install apps which take up alot of ram then your back to where you started.

Guest RobMac92

I use this ROM: http://www.modaco.com/content/i900-general...september-2009/

Touch response is very good and pretty quick. I use Winterface with sms chat and funcontact. It lags the first time you load and swip to each screen, but once you have done it once and the sms chat and contacts is loaded it runs almost lag free on my omnia. Like previously stated thought, this is windows!

Guest Weesals
I believe that there's only one possible answer...

WINDOWS

All generations of iPhones have also had very good graphics acceleration, taking a huge load off the CPU... Its not all Microsofts fault D:

Guest pfonck
I use this ROM: http://www.modaco.com/content/i900-general...september-2009/

Touch response is very good and pretty quick. I use Winterface with sms chat and funcontact. It lags the first time you load and swip to each screen, but once you have done it once and the sms chat and contacts is loaded it runs almost lag free on my omnia. Like previously stated thought, this is windows!

Me too was searching a bit of an iPhone look and feel on Windows Mobile technology/flexibility and ended up using the same 6.1 rom from Khuanchai.

First I also used Winterface/SMS Chat/Funcontact but as I didn't like the lag on startup of those apps I'm now using iPhoneToday and re-enabled the Omnia dialer skin.

Due to the tweaks in Khuanchai's ROM the standard Omnia's Phonebook has kinetic scrolling instead of the standard klick-klick-klick.

I've allways been very sensitive to low framerates and lag in applications, but none of that with my current config.

Anyway, whatever front-end you choose I think Khuanchai's la(te)st WM6.1 ROM is your best base.

post-584957-1254496944_thumb.jpg

Edited by pfonck

Guest Woodsie1971
Due to the tweaks in Khuanchai's ROM the standard Omnia's Phonebook has kinetic scrolling instead of the standard klick-klick-klick.

I'd love to find out what this 'tweak' is... There are some other ROM's on here that I'd like to try, but it's this feature I keep coming back to. So if it was possible to intall it into another ROM, that would be great.

Edited by Woodsie1971

Guest Billus
I'd love to find out what this 'tweak' is... There are some other ROM's on here that I'd like to try, but it's this feature I keep coming back to. So if it was possible to intall it into another ROM, that would be great.

Install FTouchSL (http://www.ftouchsl.com/). The free version will do. There's no need to modify it tho unless you want other features as demonstrated on the website.