Unlockr has donuts!!

Guest Mike Beecham

Guest Mike Beecham

I noticed on my twitter page that the Unlockr.com has the new Donut 1.6 rom available for download. Is it wise to grab that at the moment, or would it be adviseable to stay with Pauls custom rom for the time being?

I'm not one of those "must have bleeding edge", so I can wait but wondered whether it was something to consider at this point?

I noticed on my twitter page that the Unlockr.com has the new Donut 1.6 rom available for download. Is it wise to grab that at the moment, or would it be adviseable to stay with Pauls custom rom for the time being?

I'm not one of those "must have bleeding edge", so I can wait but wondered whether it was something to consider at this point?

But this builds are not for Hero but for G1 and Magic, or am i mistaken ?

Guest Mike Beecham
But this builds are not for Hero but for G1 and Magic, or am i mistaken ?

Could be....I'm fairly new to Android, so not sure whether they were handset respective or for Android, period.

Guest GrantyUK
Could be....I'm fairly new to Android, so not sure whether they were handset respective or for Android, period.

I guess this is a question for 'the main man'. Paul, I know you mentioned on a previous post you were halting development on the Hero but do you plan to merge Donut into your latest build?

Guest raburgess

Directly from Unlockr website:

So not a fan of Hero ROMs or just want a plain Donut ROM with root access and nothing else added? Well, it was released today and already we have a rooted version available for download. Go checkout our Downloads section for the Donut build for the G1 and the MyTouch. Enjoy!

So I presume its just for the G1 and MyTouch at the present time.

Guest cheezusweezel

UPDATE: If you have a Hero ROM and want to keep it, do NOT use this update. They are separate ROMs, the Donut ROM will make you have regular Android, no Hero on top. To get Donut AND Hero at the same time, you will just have to wait until someone puts Donut into their Hero ROM (which won’t be long I’m sure, check in our Downloads for JACHeroski ROMs as he will most likely be the first to incorporate it in)

I guess this is a question for 'the main man'. Paul, I know you mentioned on a previous post you were halting development on the Hero but do you plan to merge Donut into your latest build?

What? Paul say it isn't so, you're build of the new ROM totally made my phone, I'll be gutted if that's your only release :)