eViL Lockscreen Port! **UPDATE.ZIP format** 2.5.1 version online

Guest ratcom

Guest ratcom

After converting from G1 to Hero I am amazed by the lack of themes for hero, I would of though there be at least colour changes??

Anyway after giving myself a crash course on package stripping building and signing I've come up with this

device.pngdevice2.png

None of work was mine, I just re-packaged it to run on 2.5.1 MoDaCo Custom ROM.

You will need to push this onto your phone for it to work (make sure you are in recovery mode BEFORE pushing)

I used these commands......

adb shell mount /system

adb push c:\com.htc.resources.apk /system/framework

Now in update.zip format !!!

http://www.4shared.com/file/138543078/889c...update251b.html

Edited by ratcom

Guest bunt83

Hi ratcom,

Now you've updated the lock screen to the 'update.zip' format, does that mean I can just place the file on my sdcard's root and restart the phone in fastboot mode (home and on buttons) and then choose this file as the 'update.zip'??

Thanks,

Guest ratcom
Hi ratcom,

Now you've updated the lock screen to the 'update.zip' format, does that mean I can just place the file on my sdcard's root and restart the phone in fastboot mode (home and on buttons) and then choose this file as the 'update.zip'??

Thanks,

Yes :)

Guest shokka9

nice will be updating to this later.

Thanks bro :)

nice work

EDIT

VERY NICE..thanks to all involved :D

i like it...YUM YUM

Edited by shokka9

Guest CitizenLee

Nice work, this looks like a major improvement on the standard lock screen. Looking forward to more Hero mods from you ;-)

Now if only I had my usb cable with me at work I could test it out right now!

Guest jonathanmusto
Now if only I had my usb cable with me at work I could test it out right now!

Download from the phone (only 5Mb), use Linda (or similar) to move it to /sdcard and rename to update.zip then reboot into the bootloader and apply. Simples!

Guest CitizenLee
Download from the phone (only 5Mb), use Linda (or similar) to move it to /sdcard and rename to update.zip then reboot into the bootloader and apply. Simples!

Ah, so the update.zip negates the need to push anything to the phone? I thought you had to do both for this mod.

I actually put the Drizzy lockscreen on earlier (using a similar method to what you described) so I think I'll stick with that for now. I'm really liking the clean and simple look.

Cheers :)

Lee

Guest jonathanmusto
Ah, so the update.zip negates the need to push anything to the phone? I thought you had to do both for this mod.

I actually put the Drizzy lockscreen on earlier (using a similar method to what you described) so I think I'll stick with that for now. I'm really liking the clean and simple look.

Cheers :)

Lee

Just updated to MCR2.5e, anyone know if this will still work?

J