No HSDPA on WM 6.5

Guest DanielCKX

Guest DanielCKX

Hi all:

This is my first topic but Ive been visiting the forums as a guest since early this year. In my OMNIA I have installed the latest Khuanchai ROM (23060). When I used to have WM 6.1 in my OMNIA the HDSPA connection was always on, but when I "upgraded" to WM 6.5 it its not connecting to HSDPA but only connects to the EDGE, and as you all know EDGE its not enough.

Its something wrong with the phone, its a limitation of the ROM, its a problem with my service provider??

Thanks a lot for your answers and for all the shared knowledge.

DanielCKX

Guest naTpuoT87
Hi all:

This is my first topic but Ive been visiting the forums as a guest since early this year. In my OMNIA I have installed the latest Khuanchai ROM (23060). When I used to have WM 6.1 in my OMNIA the HDSPA connection was always on, but when I "upgraded" to WM 6.5 it its not connecting to HSDPA but only connects to the EDGE, and as you all know EDGE its not enough.

Its something wrong with the phone, its a limitation of the ROM, its a problem with my service provider??

Thanks a lot for your answers and for all the shared knowledge.

DanielCKX

Hi! Try to go Start>Settings>Connects>HSPDA>enable

Guest DanielCKX
Hi! Try to go Start>Settings>Connects>HSPDA>enable

Well.. Ive tried that with no luck.

BTW im not in the US but in Colombia, and TIGO, my service provider actually has a very good HSDPA connection.

Any other idea????

Guest MAMBO04

HSDPA works perfectly for me. i always get the H sign at the top of my phone when connected to O2's internet. I RARELY use it though because it costs too much (97p for unlimited internet but still no point when i have WiFi)

no idea why yours isn't working..

your phone is fine and there is no limitations with kuans ROM. it also depends on the area you are in, and sometimes HSDPA is not covered there. your service provider may have a good HSDPA service BUT the coverage may not be that good. i'm running sectors newest ROM if that helps, but all works with every ROM.

Guest DanielCKX
HSDPA works perfectly for me. i always get the H sign at the top of my phone when connected to O2's internet. I RARELY use it though because it costs too much (97p for unlimited internet but still no point when i have WiFi)

no idea why yours isn't working..

your phone is fine and there is no limitations with kuans ROM. it also depends on the area you are in, and sometimes HSDPA is not covered there. your service provider may have a good HSDPA service BUT the coverage may not be that good. i'm running sectors newest ROM if that helps, but all works with every ROM.

Im paying for an Unlimited U$25 3.5G Internet Plan, and until I upgraded to WM 6.5 I used to have HSDPA service, so I dont think its a coverage problem nor a ROM problem. Im thinking its more a "network" problem that doesnt recognize what OS im using or something like that... it that possible ?? Or maybe, when it go to settings-> connections -> operator settings the list has always been empty, even when i used Sector´s o DDrko´s ROM.. Is it because im using a Triband i900L OMNIA?.

Any other idea?

Guest DanielCKX
Im paying for an Unlimited U$25 3.5G Internet Plan, and until I upgraded to WM 6.5 I used to have HSDPA service, so I dont think its a coverage problem nor a ROM problem. Im thinking its more a "network" problem that doesnt recognize what OS im using or something like that... it that possible ?? Or maybe, when it go to settings-> connections -> operator settings the list has always been empty, even when i used Sector´s o DDrko´s ROM.. Is it because im using a Triband i900L OMNIA?.

Any other idea?

UPDATE

Found this on this site:http://www.phonesreview.co.uk/2008/10/08/samsung-i900l-is-an-omnia-but-not-for-usa/

"The FCC has approved the Samsung i900L, which is of course the Samsung Omnia, but not the Samsung Omnia version that is to hit North America. No, the 3G UMTS 850/1900 MHz Samsung i900L is destined for South America.

Many had presumed that the Samsung i900L was the Samsung Omnia heading for AT&T, but it turns out they are wrong. Yes it definitely is an Omnia, but is on its way south.

Actually, Samsung’s Venezuela site officially showcases the Samsung i900L on its products page along with images and specs, and no doubt other South American countries are lined up as well."

So maybe when i upgraded the phone part from: i900LJJHL3 to DXID1 i locked something on the phone radio?

Guest PeTiNgA

Actually....i might have the same problem, it seems i can't connect to 3G....but I only noticed when using 6.5.1 roms (23052,53,60)... i'm pretty sure I had 3G before, and my phone part is still the same.

Guest DanielCKX
Actually....i might have the same problem, it seems i can't connect to 3G....but I only noticed when using 6.5.1 roms (23052,53,60)... i'm pretty sure I had 3G before, and my phone part is still the same.

mmm... do you have a i900L?? Do you have the HSDPA service enabled???

Edited by DanielCKX

mmm... do you have a i900L?? Do you have the HSDPA service enabled???

TRY...

Settings > Personal > Phone Settings > More > Band Selection = Automatic

Guest DanielCKX
TRY...

Settings > Personal > Phone Settings > More > Band Selection = Automatic

Im thinking that in may case, since my OMNIA is a model for the lat am market, when I upgraded to DXID1 i lost the conectivity to HSDPA. This weekend i will try to downgrade to i900LUPHL1, and I will post the results.

Anyone here has a i900L omnia with the same problem?