New SPB Mobile Shell 3.5 launched

Guest xdalover

Guest xdalover

I don't know if this new is already in other topic. Anyway, I've just updated from 3 to 3.5 and there are some improvements that makes TG01 use experience much more friendly

http://www.spbsoftwarehouse.com/pocketpc-s...re/mobileshell/

To sumarize the improvements

• Bulb widget to control backlight works at least!!!
  • Icons on lifestyle view stay ordered when you rotate screen
  • You can have up to 5 screens on both views (professional and lifestyle)
  • New widgets as Google search

and much more.

Highly recommended!!

If you have the SPB Mobile Shell 3 registered, you need 14,7 free Mb , uninstall it, soft reset, install the new cab, and that's all! Your new copy is registered as well.

What do you think?

Cordially

Edited by xdalover

Guest David Strange

Oh it is a great piece of software; gives one exactly the kind of UI one wants in a smartphone.

I didn't have to uninstall v3.0.1, when I ran the v3.5 cab it automatically uninstalled the old version and kept the registration details.

I heartily recommend it.

Cheers,

David.

Guest David Strange

I tried downloading the demo of SPB Weather; you can add it as a widget in SPB MS. It works a treat. I am sorely tempted to shell out the cash and buy it. I'm getting weather reports for cities from all of my favourite wine-growing regions :)

Cheers,

David.

Guest Neil5459
I tried downloading the demo of SPB Weather; you can add it as a widget in SPB MS. It works a treat. I am sorely tempted to shell out the cash and buy it. I'm getting weather reports for cities from all of my favourite wine-growing regions :)

Cheers,

David.

Spb Weather is an excellent program and integrates well with MS3. There is a small bug which causes all the custom Toshiba icons in Settings/Personal to be corrupted, but they still work OK. I'm not sure if that still happens if you set MS3 to take over the Start button.

SBSH Weather is even more comprehensive, but obviously doesn't integrate with MS3.

For me, the icon ordering between portrait and landscape is the same as with the previous version- if you set things up in Portrait, then switch to LS, the icons are all over the place, but once re-ordered their positons are remembered separately for each orientation.

I have seen 2 bugs in this program- Spb suggest they may be device related.

1) If you use the 3D Messaging widget to view SMS messages, then select 'Reply', the 'To' field doesn't get filled in with the recipients number

2) If you use the Picture Frame widget, going to the Select picture option makes the camera turn on, and go into a continuous cycle where closing it just results in it reopening again.

The G-Sensor aware Carousel does not recognise the Toshiba g-sensor.

I'm a registered user of SPB MS as well, and I upgraded yesterday. Mostly things look better, there's some new cool way of working with widgets. I have found an issue which seems to be persistent. On my default screen, I cannot always click on the icons/widgets from the first time. This always works, if for example I open SMS/Inbox (I always keep it running, so just switch to it using the X icon, and SPB Plus), and come back to the mains screen. But doesn't work otherwise.

As if there's some hidden overlay that stops me from clicking.

Anyone else noticed that?

Guest dunbad

Maybe im missing something here, ive just downloaded the new version and a quick play and im kinda not that happy with it. What am i missing. switching to landscape i still get the mash up with a few of the icons. No capability to have different size icons. (only small with no writing?) The add icon seems to be a step backwards with fewer options/icons to add. Ive still only got 3 pages for the homescreen? Is it me or does it not appear as fluid? spb 3 was by far my best app but like i said maybe i need longer on this update?

Guest Neil5459
Maybe im missing something here, ive just downloaded the new version and a quick play and im kinda not that happy with it. What am i missing. switching to landscape i still get the mash up with a few of the icons. No capability to have different size icons. (only small with no writing?) The add icon seems to be a step backwards with fewer options/icons to add. Ive still only got 3 pages for the homescreen? Is it me or does it not appear as fluid? spb 3 was by far my best app but like i said maybe i need longer on this update?

The Landscape 'mash-up' only occurs the 1st time- you need to rearrange the icons when in LS mode and they will then be remembered for that orientation. This is the same as the previous version.

Icon Sides: All the widgets and icons can be sized- tap/hold the icon and select 'Change Skin'

Adding icons has a lot more options, but they are arranged differently- you have the 'Widgets' but also have a link to Programs etc which opens the previous selector type.

Pages for the Lifestyle and Professional screens can be defined in the Settings- each can have up to 5 pages.

Guest amb123

What about "sound and notification" bug. I have problem with incoming call ring tones. I can't get any ringtone to work with MS 3.5. My I900 stays on vibration in normal as well as vibration mode. Uninstall did not help. I did not have any issues with the MS3 but now the issue with ringtones stays there with or without MS installed. Besides, if I go into "sound and notification" setting I cannot close it anymore clicking on "x". Does anyone encounter the same problem? If yes, is there any fix to it?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
What about "sound and notification" bug. I have problem with incoming call ring tones. I can't get any ringtone to work with MS 3.5. My I900 stays on vibration in normal as well as vibration mode. Uninstall did not help. I did not have any issues with the MS3 but now the issue with ringtones stays there with or without MS installed. Besides, if I go into "sound and notification" setting I cannot close it anymore clicking on "x". Does anyone encounter the same problem? If yes, is there any fix to it?

I have the same problem too and I realized what was going on. In the SPB settings you must enable a sound (the speaker-volume icon should be colored) and it work... I hope I helped