HTC Hero earphones not detected

Guest bedeiros

Guest bedeiros

Hi Guys,

So I've had the HTC Hero (Orange UK) for a few months now and thanks to Paul and his custom rom's the phone behaves as it should. However, just recently the earphone jack doesn't seem to be working.  Unfortunately I can't specify a time or place when this feature stopped working, it just did. I've tired it with a number of different earphones including the ones that come with the phone and no luck. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Also does anyone have any suggestions as to what my next move should be?

Cheers

Guest Stevie B
Have you tried to revert back to factory settings or even a reflash? If those things don't fix it I suggest flash to stock and claim warranty.

I've found that if I turn my phone on with headphones plugged in, they are not detected when android is up and running until I unplug and insert again???

Guest jeroenhero
Hi Guys,

So I've had the HTC Hero (Orange UK) for a few months now and thanks to Paul and his custom rom's the phone behaves as it should. However, just recently the earphone jack doesn't seem to be working.  Unfortunately I can't specify a time or place when this feature stopped working, it just did. I've tired it with a number of different earphones including the ones that come with the phone and no luck. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Also does anyone have any suggestions as to what my next move should be?

Cheers

Hi bedeiros,

had exactly the same issue -- have gone back to version 2.2 and this solved it. Headphones are detected again.

-- Jeroen

• 3 months later...
Guest robynchandler89
Hi Guys,

So I've had the HTC Hero (Orange UK) for a few months now and thanks to Paul and his custom rom's the phone behaves as it should. However, just recently the earphone jack doesn't seem to be working. Unfortunately I can't specify a time or place when this feature stopped working, it just did. I've tired it with a number of different earphones including the ones that come with the phone and no luck. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Also does anyone have any suggestions as to what my next move should be?

Cheers

Ive just started having this problem today, Im also with orange so i just rang them up and they said its a faulty handset and have sent me a new one out which I'll get tomorrow, Id suggest you do the same. I dont know if its the same for pay as you go though, im on contract and only had the handset since october