extract missing file?

Guest Stevie B

Guest Stevie B

Could some kind person give me some help please?

I have deleted a file from /system/apps thinking it was google talk. It wasn't, so now I get a force close when recieving gmail and on startup. I have a nandroid backup, but do not want to loose everything in the system directory. My question is - how do I extract a single file from a .img file? Any ideas please?

Thanks

Guest clarkEEE1
Could some kind person give me some help please?

I have deleted a file from /system/apps thinking it was google talk. It wasn't, so now I get a force close when recieving gmail and on startup. I have a nandroid backup, but do not want to loose everything in the system directory. My question is - how do I extract a single file from a .img file? Any ideas please?

Thanks

Did you manage to remove Google talk if so what is the cmd I also tried to remove it but removed

system/app/*gtalk* but didn't work so gave up, luckily I have not noticed anything wrong yet touch wood lol.

Guest clarkEEE1

That's what I removed as well I don't use Google mail so not noticed any probs with that but have to see what happens let us no if you find your answer id also like to no.

Guest Stevie B

OK - answered my own question - I am still unable to find a way to access individual files within a .img file. So I openened a modaco update.zip (1.5) that I had on my PC with winrar and extracted gtalkservice.apk and .odex. Installed them back in /system/app and all is OK again - Phew! But still haven't found the gtalk app to remove

Guest clarkEEE1

What are the cmds to put back into system/app I have only removed files before never replaced them, do you just push system/app

Oh not to worry misread post Steve just install apk file again sorted.

Cheers

Edited by clarkEEE1

Guest clarkEEE1
What are the cmds to put back into system/app I have only removed files before never replaced them, do you just push system/app

Oh not to worry misread post Steve just install apk file again sorted.

Cheers

Cheers for that stevie I reinstalled the apk and the odex to system/app working fine again now I also noticed I couldn't download from market after removing gtalk so won't be doing that again lol.

I also removed talk now its system/app/*Talk*

Edited by clarkEEE1

Guest Stevie B
Cheers for that stevie I reinstalled the apk and the odex to system/app working fine again now I also noticed I couldn't download from market after removing gtalk so won't be doing that again lol.

I also removed talk now its system/app/*Talk*

Oh Jeez! Talk - don't you just hate case significant file systems :)

Many thanks for that

Guest clarkEEE1
Oh Jeez! Talk - don't you just hate case significant file systems :)

Many thanks for that

It's amazing what one wrong letter can do isn't it all the hassle it causes lol a simple job made hard work