Bricked T-mobile G2

Guest jmgraham

Guest jmgraham

Think i have bricked my T-mobile G2. I rooted the phone using guide on xda developers, took a nandroid backup then applied the stock HTC rooted rom on this forum. All went fine. Then i decided to update the radio to the latest from here. all seemed to go OK, phone detected that i was doing a radio update, after applied it did a reboot and now phone is stuck on T-Mobile G2 boot screen and i cannot access fastloader anymore.

any suggestions how to fix it?

Think i have bricked my T-mobile G2. I rooted the phone using guide on xda developers, took a nandroid backup then applied the stock HTC rooted rom on this forum. All went fine. Then i decided to update the radio to the latest from here. all seemed to go OK, phone detected that i was doing a radio update, after applied it did a reboot and now phone is stuck on T-Mobile G2 boot screen and i cannot access fastloader anymore.

any suggestions how to fix it?

I am guessing you didn't installed custom recovery img, so you could always grab RUU update http://content.modaco.net/hero/RUU_Hero_HT...ed_NoDriver.zip this will flash everything on your cellphone including boot, radio.. etc give it a try

Guest jmgraham

got it working, did exactly the same as before, eventually got it to boot into the cm-hero-recovery image using fastboot, did not have it perminently installed on phone but will be doing that from now on, everything back to normal, dont know why it would not boot originally. Not sure about the radio update, dont think i will chance it again.

Guest Musicmannetje
got it working, did exactly the same as before, eventually got it to boot into the cm-hero-recovery image using fastboot, did not have it perminently installed on phone but will be doing that from now on, everything back to normal, dont know why it would not boot originally. Not sure about the radio update, dont think i will chance it again.

Quite a relief, isn't it...

glad to hear you got it working again.. Congrats!

Guest jmgraham
Quite a relief, isn't it...

glad to hear you got it working again.. Congrats!

thanks, when i restored my nandroid backup it obviously went back to original T-mobile rom, i then flashed rooted latest update without radio update, but to my surprise found radio on device is now latest as per what i flashed earlier which caused the problems. Anyway recovery image is now perminantly installed and phone all working.