since there is a bit of a lull in rom development as wm 6.5 officially releases...

Guest snapz54

Guest snapz54

I thought I'd take this time to explore the other "today screen" options out there. I've seen that some of the cooks here cook versions of their roms with these progs built in, so I'd really like to get the pros point of view on some of them. Anyone have any thoughts on:

Point UI

throttlelauncher

wad2

spb mobile shell

what's the fastest, most stable, most usable on a daily basis? Do any of you guys develop themes or widgets for these?

Guest necosino

I am using SPB MS3.0 with WMSeven_black (no sidebar) + MSkip's ProPlus Widgets (Self-installed, contact me if you don't know how to extract MS3 widgets)

Guest rubadub234
I thought I'd take this time to explore the other "today screen" options out there. I've seen that some of the cooks here cook versions of their roms with these progs built in, so I'd really like to get the pros point of view on some of them. Anyone have any thoughts on:

Point UI

throttlelauncher

wad2

spb mobile shell

what's the fastest, most stable, most usable on a daily basis? Do any of you guys develop themes or widgets for these?

there are a couple of others too

Yrgo 3.0 - a m2d & spb combo

MotoSurf - kinda like m2d

FewWidgets - an omnia clone with more widgets

all are fun to play with but i really like the 6.5 today screen

Guest TheDrizzle

PointUI Home2 w/PointSense theme is a cool flexible theme I really enjoyed:

http://community.pointui.com/topic/suite-v...v2-make-it-mine

The new M2D 2.0 from the HTC Mega is neat also, it has aGPS weather, animated flip clock, updated graphics, etc.

iPhone today has always intrigued but it seems too complex to setup and you can really get similar functionality from PiontSense

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread...ght=iPhoneToday

I've also heard good things about iFonz and Winterface, but haven't tried either.

Honestly, I think Manilla or Titanium are the best UIs available for the Omnia.

Guest flanker1743

Honestly, I've tried just about every today screen out there. Usually, I find one I like for awhile, play with it, then get bored. Most recently, I was stuck on a C-launch/rltoday iphone bottom bar skin for awhile, then I used ultimate launch with a programs tab and a calendar/information type tab.

Recently, i've tried spb ms3, and i've gotta say, I absolutely love it. Honestly, it's quick, snappy, looks great, and makes my phone feel like it's completely new. There's so much you can do and see without opening tons of programs, it's all done within your today screen. Which is great. Contacts, agenda, and links to pretty much everything in your phone with one program. Absolutely wonderful. I tried Manila2D and what not, and that had an amazingly quick response and everything, the integration was great, but I grew tired of the tabs kind of quickly and it sapped my battery like crazy (that might have been because I was constantly playing with it, though :-P

I'd definitely give it a try if I were you, see how you like it. :-) This is definitely a question of what fits you best. it all depends on what you want from your home screen.

Although, I can't wait to get my hands on the 6.5 home screen when I get around to flashing my phone.