Windows Phone Custom Theme Creator (WM6.5)

Guest vinaymanro

Guest vinaymanro
thumb_06-Oct-2009_MSTHGEN.jpg

I was just browsing the revamped Microsoft Windows Mobile Site and stumbled across a theme generator for WM6.5. For those of you out there who are using a Microsft theme as opposed to an alternative shell (TouchFLO 3D, SPB Shell etc etc), then this is a useful and interesting tool allowing you to build your own themes.

Click Here to build your own theme.
Remember to post your creations and share with other MoDaCo users

Guest Niendertal

The link don't have nothing to download I think Microsoft removed the file.

I have checked today and its back ONLINE

Edited by Niendertal

• 5 months later...
Guest flyke

I stumbled upon the website too today. I have an omnia i900 with latest custom rom by Phdee.

Before you start creating a theme you must select your phone. The samsung omnia i900 isn't listed. So i selected the omnia2 from the list, made a theme, got the cab file and installed id. It didn't do anything. It doesn't list under settings->home-> select a theme for your device.

Any ideas ?

UPDATE

never mind, my own fault: i installed it in my storage first. Evedently, themes must be installed on device memory.

Greetz,

Flyke

Edited by flyke

Guest kevinpwhite

I have found that it works OK for the phones which only support Portrait mode. On those with the Rotate (incl Landscape) it crashes at the end of the online processing phase and you cannot download a finished theme.

However, I have also found that by editing the .tsk generated from the Portrait-only version (using cabMgr) you can just delete the original stwater file and replace with both the stwater_480_800.jpg and stwater_800_480.jpg files of choice and then install. This is for WVGA.

Regards,

Kevin

Edited by kevinpwhite

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.