Change Google Password

Guest golfsierra

Guest golfsierra

All of the media coverage of Google login credentials being published on the web has prompted me to change my Google Password. Easy enough to do on the web; not so easy on my T-Mobile G2.

After approx 5 mins I get a box telling me authentication failed. So I enter my new password and it isn't accepted (foolish me didn't write down the message).

So I go through the process of deleting my Google account from the Phone (settings, applications, Google etc).

I now get the wizard when I go into Market Place, but when I enter my credentials, I get the message "There could be a temporary problem or your Sim card may not be provisioned for data services. If it continues please call Customer Care".

I have checked I am using the correct password. I have checked and data otherwise works OK on my phone.

I am using Modaco 2.2.

Any ideas?

Guest Axiosuk

I had the same problem, after about 30mins of trying the correct user name and password, i gave up and did a restore.

I'm a bit reluctent to try again since i love my back up and can't create another one.

Guest Axiosuk

Think i got my sorted out. woo-hoo :)

when i entered the google mail in for. i type it all in, the address and the @googlemail.com. (if you just put your name in it will fill the rest in for you.)

two more retrys with just doing my password and it worked.