T-Mobile G2 Touch - ROM FINALLY RELEASED!

Guest yabbas

Guest Chivalryy

Heya Paul... :) someone , somewhere.. i thought mentioned you were going to do a version of the t mobile rom where u unpacked it and rooted it then repacked it for use... is this still happening or was i imagining things :D

Edited by Chivalryy

Guest Remington Steale
Added the T-Mo update as an update.zip vanilla except rooted to my updates download thread.

Unrooted version uploading now.

P

Since the T-Mobile update apears to have the loophole closed, how do we use the update.zip versions??

Or am I just being dense?

Guest foxmeister
Since the T-Mobile update apears to have the loophole closed, how do we use the update.zip versions??

You can't use the update.zip versions. Until such time as a new exploit is found, you are not going to be able to flash custom ROMs.

Regards,

Dave

Guest macguffin
Ah, you see, now this is for people who DIDN'T use that update...

P

If we put the old official ROM back on (update-hero-t-mobile-1.76.110.6-signed) will the loophole still be closed?

Cheers

Guest Remington Steale
If we put the old official ROM back on (update-hero-t-mobile-1.76.110.6-signed) will the loophole still be closed?

Cheers

So how are you going to put the old rom back on??

Guest Remington Steale

Unfortunately the recovery flasher doesnt work with the T-mob updated rom, at least not mine.

Will the command line adb stuff work do you think??

Edited by Remington Steale

Guest Axiosuk
Unfortunately the recovery flasher doesnt work with the T-mob updated rom, at least not mine.

Will the command line adb stuff work do you think??

it does not work with me.

I can install with adb but thats it.

can't access any thing else.

Could just be me or my machines.

Guest Deuchars25
i cant redown load any apps? how are you suppoed to do a restore without getting your app back from the market?

Your not alone with this problem, although the apps I want are free ones, they no longer show in the Market on my G2. I've rebooted, done a factory reset again, created a new Google account, even re-flashed the ROM again and I still cant see my apps, Yet my partners G2 can see the apps I had on mine, and her G2 sees a slightly different Market as well, even when we're in the same room!!!! Any advice very welcome.......