trackball has a mind of its own

Guest arclife

Guest arclife

Noticed recently on my hero that when browsing, it seems like the trackball is constantly scrolling down - not rapidly, but it does do it. It constantly jumps from link to link on the page, if i scroll with the trackball then it'll stop it doing it for a while and then start again.

Is there anyway to reset/calibrate the trackball?

Noticed recently on my hero that when browsing, it seems like the trackball is constantly scrolling down - not rapidly, but it does do it. It constantly jumps from link to link on the page, if i scroll with the trackball then it'll stop it doing it for a while and then start again.

i noticed this also, did u happens to see phone scrolling main screens on its own ? (i think its also related to trackball)

Guest MagnusPedersen
same here. it only happens when you have Edge reception.

I see the same thing on mine, both in apps and on the home screen. I will check to see if it is only when I have edge reception.

/Magnus

Guest ratcom

same here! and there was me thinking I'd got a faulty handset! One thing I have done when this happens is press in the wheel and blow into it to remove any dust ect from inside it. I'm not saying it works but its a good placebo.

I see the same thing on mine, both in apps and on the home screen. I will check to see if it is only when I have edge reception.

/Magnus

Its interesting that i never noticed that it could be related to edge, seems i need to observe this issue little more

Guest emotiveicon

You mean like this?

I had this problem pretty badly when I was using the original firmware and it was largely improved by installing the updated 2.7xx.xx RUU firmware from the HTC website. I then went on and installed MCR2.3 but the problem didn't improve any further. If the problem is caused when the phone is using Edge perhaps I noticed an improvement because my radio firmware was updated, improving reception.

Either way, I guess we just have to sit tight for HTC to release a patch?

@ratcom - yeah, I found that the ol' 'Nintendo Blow' sometimes makes you feel like you're making a difference. As does tapping it lightly on a hard surface. If that doesn't make you feel better, bang it harder :)

Guest woody100

Same problem for me.... running mcr 2.0 pretty much only glitch I have. Not constant and a reboot seems to sort it out. On voda so don't get edge, some solution would be great, glad its not just my phone!

Guest CitizenLee

My trackball doesn't move by itself like you guys, but it never lights up when I receive a message or email.

I've had this problem on all custom ROMs and even the Generic Leaked Update.

Is there anyway to test if it's a software or hardware issues?

Cheers,

Lee

Guest arclife
Same problem for me.... running mcr 2.0 pretty much only glitch I have. Not constant and a reboot seems to sort it out. On voda so don't get edge, some solution would be great, glad its not just my phone!

Also on Voda, but also only notice this when the phone is using GPRS *spit*