Unroot HTC HERO?

Guest Prisonec

Guest Prisonec

Hi all, new to this forum!

I rooted my HTC HERO earlier and now I want to unroot it. I followed the instructions at http://theunlockr.com/2009/08/27/how-to-ro...o-in-one-click/

I have the Orange branded HTC HERO and I would like to revert back to what the device was out of the box. I have tried to update the ROM with the official orange RUU but it won't let me because of a signature error.

ERROR [132] SIGNATURE ERROR.

I'm guess I've got to flash the orange recovery software back on my hero. I have that Amon Ra recovery flashed at the moment. I have a 'recovery-backup.img' that was on my SD card, I'm guessing that is the orange recovery that was once on the hero. I've identified the problem ..but I don't know hot to fix it. Does anyone have a clue what to do?

Guest clarkEEE1
Hi all, new to this forum!

I rooted my HTC HERO earlier and now I want to unroot it. I followed the instructions at http://theunlockr.com/2009/08/27/how-to-ro...o-in-one-click/

I have the Orange branded HTC HERO and I would like to revert back to what the device was out of the box. I have tried to update the ROM with the official orange RUU but it won't let me because of a signature error.

ERROR [132] SIGNATURE ERROR.

I'm guess I've got to flash the orange recovery software back on my hero. I have that Amon Ra recovery flashed at the moment. I have a 'recovery-backup.img' that was on my SD card, I'm guessing that is the orange recovery that was once on the hero. I've identified the problem ..but I don't know hot to fix it. Does anyone have a clue what to do?

Use flashrec or adb, the way you put the amon recovery image onto your phone but use the backup image instead would prob do the trick.