Guide to Flashing using 32bit Vista/Windows 7 only

Guest KSTAN

Where can i find this:

2. Go to ur phone, under settings (default windows mobile settings, not Samsung Main Menu Settings), go to connections, usb to pc and uncheck "Enable advanced network functionality".

Im busy for a hour but i cant find it :)

Pleas give me the steps.

FIXED

Edited by DDmen

Where can i find this:

2. Go to ur phone, under settings (default windows mobile settings, not Samsung Main Menu Settings), go to connections, usb to pc and uncheck "Enable advanced network functionality".

Im busy for a hour but i cant find it :)

Pleas give me the steps.

FIXED

use windows setting not samsung setting.

Ok the Vista Driver has been installed..

The program Octans is fixed...

But must be the phone off or on? for flashing?

The program doesn't find any Device's

I try many USB ports but no succes.

Sorry for my english.

Guest cikoone
One part of the instructions may be a bit confusing.

The phone would connect to Windows Mobile Device Center when the usb cable is attached.

This is what you will see in device manager -

post-423930-1255191294_thumb.png

The trick to updating (actually downgrading from 6.xxx to 5.xxx) to the MITS Sync driver is to turn off the phone but keep it connected.

A battery charging picture will appear on the phone when you turn it off and device manager will look like this -

post-423930-1255191398_thumb.png

post-423930-1255191544_thumb.png

Hope this helps.

i did all the steps u mentioned but still cant flash my phone im using win7

it gives me always a error like

[setup] Windows XP

[setup] Download Ram Size :41777920 bytes,(39 MB)

OnDeviceChange \\?\USB#VID_04E8&PID_6619#c62a0200-3f71-0801-ec00-b527ea243031#{25dbce51-6c8f-4a72-8a6d-b54c2b4fc835}

[Error:0] Not receive OKUD! TimeOut:2

if i install the samsung mits usb sync its ok but if i tray to reconnect it it gives a error

what im doing wrong ?

if u can help me pls becaus i would like to enjoy the flashers club also :)

OnDeviceChange \\?\USB#VID_04E8&PID_6619#c62a0200-3f71-0801-ec00-b527ea243031#{25dbce51-6c8f-4a72-8a6d-b54c2b4fc835}

[Error:0] Not receive OKUD! TimeOut:2

if i soft reset the phone from the smal hole backside under the battery cover cap then the driver gives a error

i realy dont know how to go further pls help me becaus i would like to joing the flashers group is well

Edited by cikoone

Guest bobobird

Assuming you have setup the win 7 according to the opening instructions (and my supplementary information) you should be able to flash without any problem.

I see you keep mentioning reset etc.

After you have setup Octans, just switch off the phone. After a while the "start downloading" button will activate. Press that button and the flashing will start. BE SURE THAT YOU DO NOT PULL OUT THE USB CABLE UNTIL YOU SEE ALL DONE IN THE RIGHT OF OCTANS.

One other thing - Win 7 x32 ONLY.

Edited by bobobird

Guest cikoone
Assuming you have setup the win 7 according to the opening instructions (and my supplementary information) you should be able to flash without any problem.

I see you keep mentioning reset etc.

After you have setup Octans, just switch off the phone. After a while the "start downloading" button will activate. Press that button and the flashing will start. BE SURE THAT YOU DO NOT PULL OUT THE USB CABLE UNTIL YOU SEE ALL DONE IN THE RIGHT OF OCTANS.

One other thing - Win 7 x32 ONLY.

i dont know what im doing wrong but its still not saying to me stard download ?

shall i due the prosedure again from the beginning ?

ore i dont know how to due my opreating system its win7 x32

I've also done the flashing process under Win7 on my laptop successfully, 2 times already.

What I did was, after pressing detect in Octan, I just unplugged and plugged the phone back in the usb and

it gave me the Start Download option, this is how it worked out for me.

EDIT: This is all assuming you have done the instructions on here right, that is, the V5 driver has to be present and all that.

Edited by lv_88

Guest cikoone
I've also done the flashing process under Win7 on my laptop successfully, 2 times already.

What I did was, after pressing detect in Octan, I just unplugged and plugged the phone back in the usb and

it gave me the Start Download option, this is how it worked out for me.

EDIT: This is all assuming you have done the instructions on here right, that is, the V5 driver has to be present and all that.

if i unplug and plug back the mins usb driver gives a error onte the task mannager u see the ! sign one it

heyy the trik its u have to unplug and plug it fast :) now its flashing jupiiii

yesss now i have flash my omnia 2 to wm6.5 and its working fine

i dont know if i have done it right i just flashed the pda and the csc file and not the other files becaus i have readen many things it could brik and stufs like that

is it nesessery to flash my omnia 2 whit the eboot and the phone files ? ore is it ok if i just flash my omnia whit the pda and csc files :S

how i have mentioned before im wery new one samsung becaus its also my first samsung phone i whose using before htc and i can say im almost a prof one it but my last experience whit htc touch pro 2 made me crazy and i leaved htc i had so many problems almost whit every phone that i had my phone have changed 7 times but i still did not ghat solved my problems

but now im a omnia user heheh

one mor thing its there something for omnia whit TF3D ? if yes pls can some one give me the link for it

Edited by cikoone

i dont know if i have done it right i just flashed the pda and the csc file and not the other files becaus i have readen many things it could brik and stufs like that

is it nesessery to flash my omnia 2 whit the eboot and the phone files ? ore is it ok if i just flash my omnia whit the pda and csc files :S

You can flash all the fw files except the eboot unless necessary... Flashing the eboot is considered risky where u might bricked ur phone. The rest u can re-flash again if there's prob.... :)

Guest cikoone
You can flash all the fw files except the eboot unless necessary... Flashing the eboot is considered risky where u might bricked ur phone. The rest u can re-flash again if there's prob.... :)

thax kstan

now im also in the club :(

can u pls tell me what the files are for the eboot, pda, phone, csc files

thax kstan

now im also in the club :)

can u pls tell me what the files are for the eboot, pda, phone, csc files

eboot: *.eb0

pda: *.nb0

Movinand: *.mst

phone: phone*.bin

csc: *csc

Normally the filenames are quite straight forward. Octans Downloader will give error if wrong file is selected.

Hey Guys,

I'm running Windows 7 Professional (32 bit) and following the instructions kept giving me WINUSB_Initialize error (or something similar). Looked around a bit and finally got it to work with Samsung MITs USB Sync driver version 4 (I think think this is the Win XP driver) and Octans version 2.0 (might also work on 1.9 version but I didn't go back to try). Hopefully this helps if someone runs into the same issue.

WinXP_x32.zip

Edited by gtenny

Hey Guys,

I'm running Windows 7 Professional (32 bit) and following the instructions kept giving me WINUSB_Initialize error (or something similar). Looked around a bit and finally got it to work with Samsung MITs USB Sync driver version 4 (I think think this is the Win XP driver) and Octans version 2.0 (might also work on 1.9 version but I didn't go back to try). Hopefully this helps if someone runs into the same issue.

I'm having the same problems with vista ultimate. I managed to installed v5 driver but now the device doesn't syncronize with my laptop. By following ALL instructions it doesn't recognize my device when turning off and therefore no downloading start... any idea? I've tried many things!

I'm having the same problems with vista ultimate. I managed to installed v5 driver but now the device doesn't syncronize with my laptop. By following ALL instructions it doesn't recognize my device when turning off and therefore no downloading start... any idea? I've tried many things!

The Winxp_x32 file I attached above is the version 4 driver. You can always try it and see if it works... worked for me.

Edited by gtenny

The Winxp_x32 file I attached above is the version 4 driver. You can always try it and see if it works... worked for me.

Thanks I tried both versions 4 and 5 and no luck... for some reason it doesn't detect my device

These are my versions:

PDA: I8000XXIH5

CSC: I8000XSOIH1

PHONE: I8000DXIH2

Anyone knows if I have to upgrade to any version before being able to install w6.5?

Edited by dvb_24

• 2 months later...
Guest kannetkeifer
Below is the guide on how to setup 32bit Vista / Win7 for flashing. Do not ask me re 64bit as I couldn't find any 64bit driver for v5 (Samsung MITS USB Sync). Do provide if you have so we can test it.

Thanks to VyRuz nd jazzz0904 for posting the results.

Note: Use Octan Downloader v1.91

1. At WMDC, click on Mobile Device Setting, and set connection settings as below:

post-538416-1255094250_thumb.png

3. Connect ur phone to ur PC or laptop and it will start to install the Samsung MITs USB Sync driver.

post-538416-1255094256_thumb.png

post-538416-1255094261_thumb.png

4. Go to Device Manager, under Mobile Device,

post-538416-1255094266_thumb.png

5. Double click on it, and choose Driver Tab, u shld see the driver version is 6.1

post-538416-1255094271_thumb.png

6. Click on update driver, then choose "Browse my computer for driver software"

post-538416-1255094275_thumb.png

7. Choose "Let me Pick from a list of device drivers on my computer". Click "Have Disk", and browse to the path of the driver. And it shld be installed.

Important Note: Right click on "Octans Downloader v1.91.exe", click on properties, and select Compatibilty tab and set as below

post-538416-1255094939_thumb.png

Important Note also; After connecting ur phone via usb cable, verify the "Samsung MITs USB Sync" driver version again to make sure it is version 5, else gotta reinstall it.

Attached files:

1. Samsung CDMA driver - Samsung_CDMA_modem_4_1_.34.zip

2. Samsung MITs USB Sync driver (version 5) - Vista_v5.rar

my vista not have xpsp3 compatability mode help!

Guest DR.ALAMLA

I have windows vista basic edition and when I'm trying to choose the xp pack in OCTAN's properties I dont have the (Windows XP (Service pack 3)) but I have Windows XP Service pack 2 instead.

I did all the rest steps to upgrade my OMNIA II but it is not working at all.The OCTANS Downloader is not giving me the "start download" option. Any ideas????

Guest Repoman013
Thanks I tried both versions 4 and 5 and no luck... for some reason it doesn't detect my device

These are my versions:

PDA: I8000XXIH5

CSC: I8000XSOIH1

PHONE: I8000DXIH2

I have the same problem.

After trying both driver version 4 and 5 it just won't connect to Windows Mobile Center.

Tried rebooting and all that.

The phone does pop up on device manager as a mobile device but thats all.

• 5 weeks later...
Guest macomnia
if i unplug and plug back the mins usb driver gives a error onte the task mannager u see the ! sign one it

heyy the trik its u have to unplug and plug it fast ;) now its flashing jupiiii

yesss now i have flash my omnia 2 to wm6.5 and its working fine

how i have mentioned before im wery new one samsung becaus its also my first samsung phone i whose using before htc and i can say im almost a prof one it but my last experience whit htc touch pro 2 made me crazy and i leaved htc i had so many problems almost whit every phone that i had my phone have changed 7 times but i still did not ghat solved my problems

but now im a omnia user heheh

one mor thing its there something for omnia whit TF3D ? if yes pls can some one give me the link for it

Plz need help mine is network lock also, plz plz unlock for dummies??? got it all, but octans not detecting my phone. thank

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Chivas610

I can not roll back the driver what ever I try. I keep getting the message I already have the best (newest) driver :( Any suggestions? I'm using Vista....

• 3 weeks later...