PLEASE someone help me - EZInput 2.1 problem

Guest tedkord

Guest tedkord

I've asked this in the ROM threads, but no one has answered.

I'm using bgill's 2.6 CF03 ROM on my i910, and I absolutely love it. It's so good, I want to stop flashing and stay with it.

When I first flashed to it (from 2.41), I was really impressed with the new SIP. It was just so much better than any other I'd tried. But now the layout has changed! The full qwerty keyboard no longer has a spacebar, but a ".com" key and a backslash key where it used to be. The spacebar is now located on the number pad. This is REALLY slowing my texts/internet searches down.

I've gone through the registry entries for it, and changed several. No dice. I installed EZInputSelector, it wouldn't run.

I really don't want to flash again. Is there any way I can get this back to the original layout? (Spacebar in the bottom row/middle of the qwerty board). Please help! I'm desperate!

Guest necosino

Use IMSelect to select a diffferent keyboard. If you look through the ROM Repository, you should see an "Originial XT9 Keyboard." Try installing that and see if it doesn't take care of it.

I've asked this in the ROM threads, but no one has answered.

I'm using bgill's 2.6 CF03 ROM on my i910, and I absolutely love it. It's so good, I want to stop flashing and stay with it.

When I first flashed to it (from 2.41), I was really impressed with the new SIP. It was just so much better than any other I'd tried. But now the layout has changed! The full qwerty keyboard no longer has a spacebar, but a ".com" key and a backslash key where it used to be. The spacebar is now located on the number pad. This is REALLY slowing my texts/internet searches down.

I've gone through the registry entries for it, and changed several. No dice. I installed EZInputSelector, it wouldn't run.

I really don't want to flash again. Is there any way I can get this back to the original layout? (Spacebar in the bottom row/middle of the qwerty board). Please help! I'm desperate!

im trying to change the layout on mine and havent been able to my suggestion is to do a HR! I know you dont want to but thats the sure way to get it back to default!

Guest tedkord
im trying to change the layout on mine and havent been able to my suggestion is to do a HR! I know you dont want to but thats the sure way to get it back to default!

Thanks, guys. I have tried IMSelect. I can change to another default SIP, but I can't get EZInput back to it's original config. I was afraid that either a hard reset or new flash was going to be the only answer. Oh well, if I need to go that route, then I'll just have to feed my flash addiction, and move up to a newer 6.5 build. Thought I was finally cured, but it keeps calling me back.

Wish I knew how the hell it got changed in the first place. Just all of a sudden one day, different config. I was able to toggle between this config and compact qwerty by changing HKLM\Software\HTC\EZSip\CurrentSIP (A00 set it to compact qwerty, D00 was what I have now). I did notice online in other forums for other devices, that the little ABC/XT9 button was lit on ABC when it was in the original config, and the ABC was greyed out when it was like what I have now. Mine is greyed out also, but the button doesn't function. I think I recall it being lit before this happened.

I really hate it when I can't figure a problem out!

Guest WoZZeR999

the .com button should only appear if you are in an address bar. You could try changing to a different SIP (e9 phonepad for example) with the EXInput im selector.

Guest tedkord
the .com button should only appear if you are in an address bar. You could try changing to a different SIP (e9 phonepad for example) with the EXInput im selector.

I wish - I get the .com no matter what - texts, IM, Google search... Where can I get EXInput selector? Is that the IMSelector cooked into BGs CF03 2.6? If so, it will change to any other SIP I've got loaded, but when I change back, it's the same.