more rom and app questions from a not-so-nOOb

Guest joshaleejordan

Guest joshaleejordan

i've flashed with a lot of the more popular roms and i'm pretty damn impressed. blazzing wolf help me with a few questions and i greatly appreciate his advice/experience. as i am not an expert, i would like some advice from those of you who consider yourselves experts.

i would like a rom that fast/light (lite) and all that, but allows me to keep these specific things ....

...the ability to set songs/mp3s as ring tones

camera/video cam functionality

set pics as today screen background

as far as apps go. i don't know where you guys are finding these things for free, but i just seem to suck at finding good apps. are there sites/developers that you would suggest? thank you so much for the hard work turning my headache of a phone into one i actually enjoy from time to time.

Guest mcperson
i've flashed with a lot of the more popular roms and i'm pretty damn impressed. blazzing wolf help me with a few questions and i greatly appreciate his advice/experience. as i am not an expert, i would like some advice from those of you who consider yourselves experts.

i would like a rom that fast/light (lite) and all that, but allows me to keep these specific things ....

...the ability to set songs/mp3s as ring tones

camera/video cam functionality

set pics as today screen background

as far as apps go. i don't know where you guys are finding these things for free, but i just seem to suck at finding good apps. are there sites/developers that you would suggest? thank you so much for the hard work turning my headache of a phone into one i actually enjoy from time to time.

I've flashed every single rom over and over again just to check things out and no matter what I go back to ADRYN's v3 6.5 rom from ppcgeeks.com. Its very fast, completely stable, and very lite. Search for HTC MP3 trimmer to cut and use songs for ringtones, it has a video glitch at the bottom of the screen but works perfectly! The video and cam work great and to set pictures as background select the pic with file explorer and set as today background. From now on I plan on sticking with the v3 rom unless something incredible comes out. I don't really like 6.5.1 that much. Its cool but always runs into errors or glitches, its just not stable enough for me. I have NO ISSUES WHATSOEVER WITH ADRYNS ROM ITS AWESOME. If you wanna find some good apps go to Please read the site rules no links or requests for warez.com they have anything you'll need.

Guest joshaleejordan
no problem dude. If you don't already, USE SASHIMI AND MAKISU

well i'm diggin the rom, but i can't find the htc mp3 trimmer, and i have no idea what sashimi and makisu are.

Guest joshaleejordan
well i'm diggin the rom, but i can't find the htc mp3 trimmer, and i have no idea what sashimi and makisu are.

nevermind. i'm a douche. the trimmer is already part of the "audio manager" i found the sashimi and makisu. the only question i have is what does makisu actually do.