6.5 Issues...Anyone have any?

Guest elite-fusion

Guest mayteks
According to the flag , mayteks seems to be from Germany. Does it mean that the German build has SPB mobile shell inside????

Yes, I'm from Germany, and I've downloaded an O2 build, which includes SPB MS 3.0.1 already installed and set as default home screen.

SPB staff already contacted me, by asking for my IMEI, so perhaps I'll get a serial or whatever they decide to grant.

Edited by mayteks

Guest Medved77

New Bug (Not Critical)

On the dialer keypad press *#06# (for IMEI) and a box appears that says waiting - well I've been waiting 30mins.

You can still retrieve the IMEI using Settings>System>About however. Definately was not the case on WM6.1

Also - Why didn't UK users get SPB MS in their roms?

New Bug (Not Critical)

On the dialer keypad press *#06# (for IMEI) and a box appears that says waiting - well I've been waiting 30mins.

I had this, too... a soft reset fixed it. Odd...

Guest Neil5459
New Bug (Not Critical)

You can still retrieve the IMEI using Settings>System>About however. Definately was not the case on WM6.1

No problem with mine :)

Guest leonhow
Which region are you in? Most builds of the Toshiba TG01 don't include Mobile Shell, though some of the publicity stuff mentioned it.

As MS3 is cooked into your ROM, you are unlikely to be able to upgrade to the new version, as you haven't technically purchased the old one. It may be worth a message to Spb Support asking if they will provide an update for you; I'd also ask your supplier why they are installing an old version of the program.

Hi... I am using the O2 German version TG01 (bought it off ebay), upgraded to O2 WM6.5 last week. Yes the WM6.5 rom came with registered version of SPB MS v3.0.1 pre-installed. I've just contacted SPB support few days ago, requesting for a serial number, and they sent me one today for me to upgrade to MS3.5...free! Worth trying!

Guest StanYau
Yes- definitely sounds like a hardware issue- maybe a duff RAM chip?

OK - now this is annoying. I have received my TG01 replacement handset from Orange. I've set it up as previously, and less than 48 hours later, exactly the same thing has happened. At some point when waking up from sleep, the old WinMob6.1 unlock screen appears and the handset locks. Only a full reset will clear this, at which point the entire phone wipes itself.

This is obviously not a hardware issue, so will take some time to diagnose. I'm going to layer configuration and applications on one at a time until the issue repeats itself, but this is very disappointing. Other than taking advantage of Exchange ActiveSync and some apps from the Windows Marketplace (i.e. no "unapproved" third party apps installed), it is surprising that the phone becomes unreliable very quickly.

Will post updates if I come across anything, but I suspect this will be a very difficult issue to nail down.

Guest Neil5459
OK - now this is annoying. I have received my TG01 replacement handset from Orange. I've set it up as previously, and less than 48 hours later, exactly the same thing has happened. At some point when waking up from sleep, the old WinMob6.1 unlock screen appears and the handset locks. Only a full reset will clear this, at which point the entire phone wipes itself.

This is obviously not a hardware issue, so will take some time to diagnose. I'm going to layer configuration and applications on one at a time until the issue repeats itself, but this is very disappointing. Other than taking advantage of Exchange ActiveSync and some apps from the Windows Marketplace (i.e. no "unapproved" third party apps installed), it is surprising that the phone becomes unreliable very quickly.

Will post updates if I come across anything, but I suspect this will be a very difficult issue to nail down.

Thats a bit of a bummer! This must be something you have installed- I've not seen anyone else report this scenario. Just because a program is on Windows Marketplace doesn't necesarily mean it won't have in interaction problem with other programs :D

Do you have the password request screen turned on by default? What happens if you turn it off?

• 2 months later...
Guest GabbaGabbaHey
also got another issue with downloading internal GPS, i get an error msg saying " Failed to save downloaded GPS data." on both my tg01's same issue, so not sure what to do
I'm getting the same error on my (WM6.5) TG01. It did work for me before - my last update was January 9th. If the error message is accurate, then it sounds as if the phone is able to download the data, but is not able to save it.

Can anybody else download the data (Go to Start, then Settings, then System, then Internal GPS and click on Download)?

If Yes, then the problem is with my phone. If No, then it's probably a server problem ...

I'm getting the same error on my (WM6.5) TG01. It did work for me before - my last update was January 9th. If the error message is accurate, then it sounds as if the phone is able to download the data, but is not able to save it.

Can anybody else download the data (Go to Start, then Settings, then System, then Internal GPS and click on Download)?

If Yes, then the problem is with my phone. If No, then it's probably a server problem ...

I just tried now, Worked for me :/, said downloaded successfully etc.. Try again?

Guest GabbaGabbaHey
I just tried now, Worked for me :/, said downloaded successfully etc.. Try again?
Thank you very much.

Just tried again with the same error message, so at least I know that it's a problem with my phone rather than the servers. Now to go and try to figure out what's going on ...

Guest Vaultdweller

I've just installed the update to 6.5 from Toshiba's site and now my phone is completely dead. Won't boot up at all. All I get is a black screen (powered as it has a slight glow) but nothing else. Any ideas?

Guest kevinpwhite
Regarding the Lock Screen- I've not tried this, but there is a file in Windows/Startup called 'autokeylock.lnk'

Would removing that have any effect on the Lock screen loading?

Yes - if you move autokeylock.lnk elsewhere, the the Today screen lock no longer appears. You can restart it simply by clicking the link file.

Regards,

Kevin