app2sd and modaco

Guest Thierry B

Guest Thierry B

Hello,

I've bought an micro sd card 16 go, and I'd like to use it with app2sd with modaco allready insatlled in my HTC Hero.

There is a link to a good partionning of it?

I read that if there is a ext3 partition on it, modaco automatically transfers apps in the sdcard so it's pratical.

But, there is a tuto wuich explain what to do to undo tjhat and to reuse the internal memory of tel for apps?

I think that it's a manual prodedure not automatic like the first.

Guest jonathanmusto
Hello,

I've bought an micro sd card 16 go, and I'd like to use it with app2sd with modaco allready insatlled in my HTC Hero.

There is a link to a good partionning of it?

I read that if there is a ext3 partition on it, modaco automatically transfers apps in the sdcard so it's pratical.

But, there is a tuto wuich explain what to do to undo tjhat and to reuse the internal memory of tel for apps?

I think that it's a manual prodedure not automatic like the first.

Install this custom recovery image and do it all from there, it's dead easy, just 1 click to partition then 1 click to upgrade ext2 to ext 3! enjoy!

http://android.modaco.com/content/htc-hero...ra-hero-v1-2-2/

Guest john.heams

hey all,

i have just got a 8gig Transcend class 6 micro sdcard and would like to set it up for A2SD on my hero, im using the latest modaco rom (2.5.1) but im not to sure of myself when it comes to using the android device bridge. is there a more user friendly way of partitioning my sdcard or will i have to take the plunge with the adb.

thanks

Guest clarkEEE1
hey all,

i have just got a 8gig Transcend class 6 micro sdcard and would like to set it up for A2SD on my hero, im using the latest modaco rom (2.5.1) but im not to sure of myself when it comes to using the android device bridge. is there a more user friendly way of partitioning my sdcard or will i have to take the plunge with the adb.

thanks

You need the latest ra-recovery image to partition the simple way but the adb method really is straight forward you cant go wrong just follow the adb partitioning guide for dummies on this forum it really is straight forward.

Guest john.heams
You need the latest ra-recovery image to partition the simple way but the adb method really is straight forward you cant go wrong just follow the adb partitioning guide for dummies on this forum it really is straight forward.

thanks for the update, where can find the latest recovery image? i got the one im using from theunlocker.com so i will have a nose around and see if its there.

i know i should try the adb but i have a feeling i will end up destroying something and i cant bare to think of losing my lovley hero :)

thanks for the update, where can find the latest recovery image? i got the one im using from theunlocker.com so i will have a nose around and see if its there.

i know i should try the adb but i have a feeling i will end up destroying something and i cant bare to think of losing my lovley hero :)

Here you go mate. recovery_RA_HERO_v1.2.3.zip