Couple of Questions..May have a few more

Guest KaozLabs

Guest KaozLabs

Hello MrCapCom,

So I just got my Omnia yesterday. I had an iPhone and haxxored it but i swapped to Verizon and went with the Omnia due to the business tools and it was free this weekend. I just flashed with your ROM earlier today and it is super nice so far. A couple questions:

When I click on Marketplace nothing happens. It looks like a program wants to open but nothing happens for me.

Im not sure what the torchbutton does, i click it and it lights up but i dont see anything different.On the Phone GPS (911, Location screen) i get the Ok button but for some reason nothing happens and i have to soft-reset the phone to get back to the home screen.

Other than those couple things I think this is really awesome. I'm not quite sure how to add apps yet though. Also If I ever wanted to go back to the original stock WM6.1 how would I got about that? I didnt see an option to backup the core BIN file when I started flashing and now I dont know if I can get it back. :)

EDIT*

Ok I am a tard. I know what torch does now. I got Marketplace to install, but when i try to install an app it fails. i have my wireless connected so I know im not losing signal, any ideas? I am still clueless on installing apps...cant i just upload them to my storage and install that way somehow?

Edited by KaozLabs

Guest necosino

The phone settings is a known issue. Best solution is to map the menu button to "[OK/Close]" and use it to get out of the phone settings menus.

Marketplace is relatively new. I actually haven't used it at all. Wish I could help more there :)

Guest lioryte

Market place is on/off at the moment. It should work fine.

OK on GPS/Phone settings is a build issue, just apply the OK function to camera or something.

To get back you just re-flash to CF03, when you flash to any custom ROM you only flash the PDA

Guest andredabomb92

another thing for the gps error, if u hit the end key it will automatically return to home screen and close the gps settings while saving your changes, so you dont have to soft reset

Edited by andredabomb92

Guest KaozLabs
Market place is on/off at the moment. It should work fine.

OK on GPS/Phone settings is a build issue, just apply the OK function to camera or something.

To get back you just re-flash to CF03, when you flash to any custom ROM you only flash the PDA

ok...how would I go about re-flashing to CF03? sorry im a complete noob with this? do you do a hard memory reset?

EDIT*

I found the CF03 download and I am gonna try to reflash it. I am still unsure of how to add new prgrams though. I see alot of people have their roms listed and there are alot of neat programs out there but Im not sure how to install them.

Also for programs like the awesomegps program..is there no monthly fee for that? or does it just pull from my data package or what? i dont wanna get slapped with an even larger bill than i currently have.

Edited by KaozLabs

Guest necosino

No, AmazeGPS just uses your internal GPS chip.

Follow my guide here to flash back to CF03. Post 2 explains custom ROMs as well

To install a program, download its .cab file. Then move this file to your phone (or download it on your phone). Browse to it with File Explorer and just tap it to begin installation.

Guest KaozLabs
No, AmazeGPS just uses your internal GPS chip.

Follow my guide here to flash back to CF03. Post 2 explains custom ROMs as well

To install a program, download its .cab file. Then move this file to your phone (or download it on your phone). Browse to it with File Explorer and just tap it to begin installation.

do you have to be running a modded 6.5WM to use these roms? I know with iphone to use homebrew i had to jailbreak it..i was wondering if adding the custom 6.5 is the same thing essentially. or can i just load up amazegps on my stock install and go...sure there are no charges with verizon for that?

Guest necosino
do you have to be running a modded 6.5WM to use these roms? I know with iphone to use homebrew i had to jailbreak it..i was wondering if adding the custom 6.5 is the same thing essentially. or can i just load up amazegps on my stock install and go...sure there are no charges with verizon for that?

AmazeGPS and CGPS are Titanium (6.5) plug-ins

If you are on the stock ROM, just use BAF GPS Toggle. It's a WinMo 6.1 plug-in that you just tap the turn on your GPS.

Again, you are using your built-in GPS chip. Also, you have an unlimited amount of data usage with the $30 data plan that we are forced into, so seriously, unless you are sending text messages or calling people, you can go nuts and not have to worry about your bill :)