Wifi Proxy Settings

Guest sebsal

I'm trying to access the WiFi in my office. I can connect to the router ok, the problem is I need to enter proxy settings to connect to the web or have live updates to weather/facebook etc.

I cannot find anywhere to enter proxy settings on this phone

Any idea if you can, or if there's an app that allows me to do this?

Thanks

Guest slimfady

Unfortunately, WiFi proxy isn't currently supported by Android. There were some application attempts to solve this but none were successful.

Edited by slimfady

Unfortunately, WiFi proxy isn't currently supported by Android. There were some application attempts to solve this but none were successful.

Oh dear. Hopefully this will be fixed. Will need to be if they're serious about Android as a business phone

Guest Baggieboy
Oh dear. Hopefully this will be fixed. Will need to be if they're serious about Android as a business phone

+1

Even my humble iPod touch worked straight of of the box with my company WiFi.

• 8 months later...
Guest mistahd33
+1

I have decided to write an artical about this (http://slashdot.org/~mistahd33/submissions) and send it to a good portion of leading tech publications to see if a little publicity will budge google on the topic. I encourage others to either do the same, or comment on my artical in support of it. Also I encourage people to check out the issue logged with google here: (http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/de...273#makechanges) and click on the star at the topic of the artical to show google that you need this issue fixed.

Edited by mistahd33

• 1 month later...
Guest Liassic
+1

I think you'll find that even your iPod Touch will not work through a proxy that needs authentication - Apple doesn't support this yet.