PhatPhingers Custom Winmo Dialer V3.1

Guest SikYou

Darn, I do not have a soft end button:(

Try the attached test cab. It is not a complete mod but I changed just enough to see if I can get the buttons working on your device. If your buttons are bigger then I can make all of the necessary mods and get a release done for all I900 users.

The test will only change the size of the buttons of the main dialer screen! If the buttons in the in call screen change then you are using the same resources as the I910 and the v3.0 cab will work for you. Please let me know! Thanks

PhatTest1.cab

Guest Krazy Radd
Try the attached test cab. It is not a complete mod but I changed just enough to see if I can get the buttons working on your device. If your buttons are bigger then I can make all of the necessary mods and get a release done for all I900 users.

The test will only change the size of the buttons of the main dialer screen! If the buttons in the in call screen change then you are using the same resources as the I910 and the v3.0 cab will work for you. Please let me know! Thanks

Wazzup SikYou

Too bad but the dialer does not work for me ...

damn I like it very much.

post-570579-1256508642_thumb.jpg post-570579-1256508655_thumb.jpg

post-570579-1256508661_thumb.jpg post-570579-1256508650_thumb.jpg

Well.. I will test ur PhatTest1.Cab

I hope it works and if not then bang.gif

Edited by Krazy Radd

Wazzup SikYou

Too bad but the dialer does not work for me ...

damn I like it very much.

post-570579-1256508642_thumb.jpg post-570579-1256508650_thumb.jpg

post-570579-1256508655_thumb.jpg post-570579-1256508661_thumb.jpg

Well.. I will test ur PhatTest1.Cab

I hope it works and if not then bang.gif

@Krazy Radd I am working on getting full functionality for all I900s. In the mui file there are different resources for the dialer and it would appear that some devices from different parts of the world are not calling on the same resources. I have tracked down all of the resources that I think your device is using but until I get some feedback on some of the I900 test stuff I have out then I can not know for sure. Let me know if the test cab gives you any result at all. I hope to have this resolved in the next day or 2.

Actually that first screen shot is exactly what I was looking for! The buttons are big which means I have found and edited the correct stuff for you guys. The other irregularities are occurring because I have not made the necessary changes to put everything in order. Now that I know you had some result I will make ALL necessary changes to the files and have a full I900 compatible alpha up later tonight. Thanks for posting the pics!!

Edited by SikYou

I have completed an alpha version that will hopefully work for ALL omnia users including I910 and I900. If anyone is up for testing it out let me know what the results are. I am fairly confident in the dial screen but I had some issues with the in call screen so it may need some more tweaks. If you test and have issues please post a screenie of the issue because it has been crazy hard doing this without being able to see what I'm doing, its the first blind mod I have ever done. If it works please let me know so that I can put it together and release a an updated version. Thanks guys

PhatPhingers_AllOmnia_Alpha1.cab

Ok, so I've tried the alpha and it works really good! Since it is an alpha I've noticed a thing, when I soft reset and the dialer comes up where I put in my pin code the dialer buttons are kinda stretched but it still works. This is the only case where they are stretched. Sorry but I do not have any screenshots on the matter but maybe Krazy has the same issue?

Edited by Adler

Dear SikYou,

I tested your Alpha version on my i900. It is working fine. No problem for me.

Just one suggestion, can you place the two keys "speed dial" and "back space" on the top row for your next realease. The reason, the chances of touching the call button, by mistake, will be less, and the back space will be in more convenient position.

Thanks

WooHoo!! It worked, ha I didn't know what to expect because of course I can't see what I am editing!!

Just one suggestion, can you place the two keys "speed dial" and "back space" on the top row for your next realease. The reason, the chances of touching the call button, by mistake, will be less, and the back space will be in more convenient position.

I do not have a speed dial button on the I910 so I'm not sure which buttons you are talking about. When I edit the dialer the buttons are not named rather they are numbered, 235260-235262, for example. Therefore, in order for me to know which buttons to move I would need a screenshot of whichever screen these buttons are located on. If you provide the screenshot I would more than happy to move the buttons! Do you mean top row as in above the number buttons? If you give me a screenshot tell me exactly where and what you want moved and if it sounds logical I'll make it happen. Thanks for testing!

***Edit. I do see the speed dial button in the image that krazy radd posted so I will be able to use that as a reference point. So it would seem that you do want them moved above the number buttons as they are currently the top row of the non-numeric buttons. Hmmm, I'm not sure if that would really look all that good or be completely functional. I will test it in my imagination and see what I think :D

Since it is an alpha I've noticed a thing, when I soft reset and the dialer comes up where I put in my pin code the dialer buttons are kinda stretched but it still works. This is the only case where they are stretched.

Again I can't see these things so I can not make adjustments until I get a screenshot, I'm actually not even sure what screen this is as I do not have to put in any pin-code on my device. I will make every effort to fix this bug if/when someone posts a visual for me. Sorry to be so demanding of the I900 users but I can't stress enough that I am completely in the dark when editing for I900 compatibility :P Thank you for your testing efforts as well.

So it looks like I will be able to get an ALL Omnia version posted as soon as I get these few bugs worked out. Thanks guys!!!!

Edited by SikYou

Guest Krazy Radd

Hey whut up SikYou

This is getting better and better....BUT...

post-570579-1256546090_thumb.jpg post-570579-1256546162_thumb.jpg

post-570579-1256546178_thumb.jpg post-570579-1256546191_thumb.jpg

post-570579-1256546210_thumb.jpg

Maybe you could move the numbers a little to the left

Of course, if this is possible

Great job...waitin for the final :D

Hey whut up SikYou

This is getting better and better....BUT...

Maybe you could move the numbers a little to the left

Of course, if this is possible

Great job...waitin for the final :P

Wow talk about some helpful screenshots! Thank you!! There are some interesting issues here that I did not encounter on the I910 side of things so I will have to walk through the resources and see where the problem is. Thanks again! You guys are really going out of your way to test this out for me! :D

Krazy Radd, what buttons are those that are missing on the in call screen? I have looked through the resources and can see no reason for missing buttons! On my device those are the "note" and "mute" buttons, I do note have a hold button like you do. I will continue the search!

And a questions to the others who have tested on I900, are you missing those buttons also?

Edited by SikYou

Guest Krazy Radd
Krazy Radd, what buttons are those that are missing on the in call screen? I have looked through the resources and can see no reason for missing buttons! On my device those are the "note" and "mute" buttons, I do note have a hold button like you do. I will continue the search!

And a questions to the others who have tested on I900, are you missing those buttons also?

Hey bro

Hope this will help you...

post-570579-1256557868_thumb.jpg

If you want, I can give you my DLL tapres.dll.0407.mui, so you can see the differences.

Edited by Krazy Radd

Hey Krazy Radd! Sorry about the delay in further testing but I had a computer meltdown but I back up and running with a new PC. Anyway, are you running 6.1 or 6.5? I just noticed the x button in the top right on your screenies and I just got a report of the same issue on my other thread, that user is def using 6.1. Maybe that is where the issue is!?!?!

Dear SikYou,

Please see the attached picture for your reference. I have i900 with WM6.5 23071 ROM.

Thanks

Sorry the second picture should be this one.

post-427442-1256652393_thumb.jpg

post-427442-1256652515_thumb.jpg

Edited by jse2

Dear SikYou,

Please see the attached picture for your reference. I have i900 with WM6.5 23071 ROM.

Thanks

Sorry the second picture should be this one.

Thank You! So according to your pics everything is in order, right? Unless I am missing something in the shots. The big issue I was having was with the in call screens, are those ok for you?

Love the skin! Was more of a fan of the Sammy dialer before cuz the buttons on the WinMo dialer were too small but this is just perfect (looks great too). Unfortunately, I can't use it. Not sure why though... cab installs fine, promps restart ect, but now pressing the send hard button or selecting "phone" from the start menu doesn't do anything. Any suggestions? (Using v3)

I uninstalled it to see what would happen. Original dialer works fine, so I guess my Omnia doesn't like your skin...

Edited by .Ejekt

Love the skin! Was more of a fan of the Sammy dialer before cuz the buttons on the WinMo dialer were too small but this is just perfect (looks great too). Unfortunately, I can't use it. Not sure why though... cab installs fine, promps restart ect, but now pressing the send hard button or selecting "phone" from the start menu doesn't do anything. Any suggestions? (Using v3)

I uninstalled it to see what would happen. Original dialer works fine, so I guess my Omnia doesn't like your skin...

If you provide me with some specifics such as ROM and build I may be able to help. Does the dialer show up at all for you? When you say the original dialer shows up after uninstall is that winmo or sammy? I have tested on builds 23071, 23075, and 23081 on my I910 as well as a number of builds on I900 and have not encountered this problem yet.It almost sounds as though you did not disable the sammy dialer but only you know that for sure :D

Edited by SikYou

If you provide me with some specifics such as ROM and build I may be able to help. Does the dialer show up at all for you? When you say the original dialer shows up after uninstall is that winmo or sammy? I have tested on builds 23071, 23075, and 23081 on my I910 as well as a number of builds on I900 and have not encountered this problem yet.

I'm using Wozzer's 23081 base and no, literally nothing happens. It's a base ROM so the Samsung dialer wasn't cooked into the ROM in the first place. Thanks for the quick reply!

I'm using Wozzer's 23081 base and no, literally nothing happens. It's a base ROM so the Samsung dialer wasn't cooked into the ROM in the first place. Thanks for the quick reply!

That is very odd :D I am not sure that I will be able to replicate that so that kind of leads me to say I'm not sure I would be able to offer any solution. That sucks!

The only thing I can even think of that would cause this is: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Pho​ne\Skin] "Enabled"=dword:00000001

That dword value should be set to 00000000. Otherwise I guess until I encounter the issue or someone else can offer a solution no phatphingers for you :P Sorry Bro!