B7300 Omnia Lite applications for i900/i910

Guest sector

Guest WAIKIKI728
Is there any solution for the Touch Player problem? (it crashes when it is searching for files)

For me the same...it´s a pity..someone should update the first post....

Edited by WAIKIKI728

Guest Michael122w
For me the same...it´s a pity..someone should update the first post....

The TouchPlayer problem was solved a few pages back. Touch player doesn't like the videos which were recorded by the phone. If you delete all of the videos from your DMIC folders, then Touch Player will update your library properly.

As an aside, Touch Player now seems to look for embedded album art (rather than Folder.jpg).

Guest jonboyuk
The TouchPlayer problem was solved a few pages back. Touch player doesn't like the videos which were recorded by the phone. If you delete all of the videos from your DMIC folders, then Touch Player will update your library properly.

As an aside, Touch Player now seems to look for embedded album art (rather than Folder.jpg).

Tried deleting all movies from DCIM folders and it still won't update properly :)

Guest sid0101
Tried deleting all movies from DCIM folders and it still won't update properly :)

Well, when I posted the fix a few pages back, I conceded that I didn't know exactly what I did. But, I not only deleted the videos taken in the DCIM folder, but I dumped all the files in the DCIM folder on my computer then deleted EVERYTHING in the DCIM folder. Later, I reuploaded the pics that I wanted to put back into my DCIM folder and it worked...

Guest Lunchbox77

no new updates for this week? :) anyone issued the file manager not installing? by the way that messaging and the real main menu would be nice :(

sorry fellas been extremely busy.

Jinbox is not working, couldnt manage at least.

Some programs require opengl drivers (eg. cube) thats why dont work.

All the programs listed in 1st post work, maybe some not as expected but they do work :)

Guest WAIKIKI728

All the programs listed in 1st post work, maybe some not as expected but they do work :)

Touch player also?¿...

Guest Lunchbox77

All the programs listed in 1st post work, maybe some not as expected but they do work :(

main menu without cube?:)

Guys, I am getting certificate errors on some files. Is it possible to completely disable darn certificate checking?

Edited by tribal

Guest z3ntn3l

Here is my personal Test with some of the OmniaLite Apps.

Iam using Sector's Hades 23064 M2D Rom.

The Screenshots are taken from several posts in this Thread. Sorry, i was too lazy to make them by myself...

Samsung OnlineWidgets Plus (Not tested)

Calendar (working)

calendaru.jpg

This is a great Calender Tool!

Easy to use and absolutely Finger-Friendly.

Its possible to replace it with Windows-Standard-Calendar.

Appointments are shown in Manila2D.

For me, its a must-have and it will be a good addition in sectors roms. (just a suggestion)

Call Log (working)

screenshot9g.png

just like the original i900-Call Log with nicer GUI and very smooth scrolling.

Its really better than the i900-Version and iam wondering why the i900-Version never was like this.

For me, its a must-have and it will be a good addition in sectors roms. (just a suggestion)

FMRadio (not tested)

GPSSettings (Enchanced GPS) (working)

screenshot3fl.png

While the original i900-Version was just a standard Windows-GUI-Config with Windows-Checkboxes etc., this one provides the same settings just with a finger-friendly and nice looking GUI. Its like Favorite-Settings just for GPS. After installation a soft-reset is needed and you will find it in Settings / System / Enhanced GPS.

It will replace the original i900-Version.

Launcher (working)

screenshot1pj.png

Well, i never used the i900-Launcher because iam using Manila2D or SPB Mobile Shell.

So iam not using this one but its working. This one is like the original i900-Launcher but with minor changes in GUI.

This is NOT the personalized Main Menu from OmniaLite!

Samsung Keyboard (working)

ss2su.jpg

Since iam using Sectors Roms iam in love with the original i900 black-skinned Samsung Keyboard.

Iam not sure but for me, the Keys in the OmniaLite Keyboard are smaller (which is not good) and its not as good looking like the black-skinned i900 Keyboard.

Smart Converter (not tested)

TouchPlayer (half working)

touchplayer.jpg

There are Problems with updating the Libary. It will crash if there are any Videos which are recorded with the i900.

Seems like this Video-Codec is not supported. The OmniaLite TouchPlayer brings some additional Features in Libaries, Playing Speed and Audio Effects.

But for me, its not as good as Nitrogen for Music and Core Player for Video.

Phonebook (working)

screen08a.jpg

Just like the Call Log, this is a great improvement. Its really smooth scrolling and nice looking.

Iam wondering why the original i900-Phonebook was never as smooth like this.

Clock (working)

clocknw.jpg

Another great Addition. Just like the great Calendar-Tool, this one is for Alarm-Config and System-Clock-Settings.

Comes also with a Timer-Function. Nice looking and very Finger-Friendly.

Volume Control (working)

volctlrl.jpg

On the first look its like the original i900-Version with different colors.

On the second look: Its smoother, comes with a small but nice animation and responds faster.

Small but great improvement.

AudioNote (working)

audionote.jpg

There are similar Tools available but: 1.) not fore free or 2.) with bad / not finger friendly GUI.

This is a very easy to use Audio Recording Tool and its really finger Friendly. Supports AMR, WAV, MP3 (3 different Quality settings, up to 192kbps).

Really great Tool!

RSS Reader (not tested)

SharePix (not tested)

Samsung Lite Dialer (not tested)

File Manager (working)

screenshot3d.png

This is maybe the best Tool from OmniaLite!

A really smooth and finger Friendly File Manager.

Doesnt comes with big extra Features like Resco but its for free and its fast and smooth.

For me, its a new must-have and it will be a good addition in sectors roms. (just a suggestion)

Midomi (not tested)

The i900-Version is just fine so i didnt tested this one.

Data/Comm Manager (not tested)

Omnia PhotoAlbum (working)

screenshot1zp.png

This one is OK but nothing special because iam using Sectors Rom with HTC Album cooked in which is the best Picture-Viewer for me.

Things we need:

OmniaLite Taskswitcher

showimagephpmreviews.jpg

OmniaLite Phonebook Extension / New Contact

showimagephpmreviews.jpg

OmniaLite SMS Tool (JInbox.exe)

smsm.jpg

OmniaLite Calculator

OmniaLite personalized Main Menu

showimagephpo.jpg

Guest Koofteh

^^ I have SmartConverter, it works quite well. Same functionality as the i900 version, but I could never get the i900 CAB to work on ROMs which didn't have it built in.

Also agree on the File Manager, it's the best of the bunch and IMO the best file explorer for WM. I've tried Resco, it costs a lot of money and has features I don't need, and even though it's finger-friendly it's ugly. This program looks great and functionality is very high, I love the alphabet selector on the side - works a treat for huge folders like \Windows. Only complaint is that it doesn't show the WM icons for files but its own generic icons which can be confusing.

I'm still waiting for a reply on my previous post about the dialer though. Would be nice if someone could resize it for those of who don't use WM 6.5.1... I'm pretty sure the Omnia Lite doesn't have 6.5.1 so someone must have resized the dialer for posting it up here.

Edited by Koofteh

Guest Rauliki

Volume Control is not working for me, I still have old one (installed new, and even copied dll's from cab to \Windows\.

Any solution?

(I'm on 21001 rom from Omnia II by Khuanchai)

Hello Omnians :(

I cannot seem to install any of these cabs?

I always get the message that the installation was unsuccesfull

Do they need to be installed in device memory ? (i hope not cuz theres only 3 meg left of free space ;) )

using RZRY 6.5 rom build 23049

I cant waiiiit to try the new keyboard out!

A BIG THANKS to the awesome people making this available for us :)

Edited by OzzyW

Hello Omnians :)

I cannot seem to install any of these cabs?

I always get the message that the installation was unsuccesfull

Do they need to be installed in device memory ? (i hope not cuz theres only 3 meg left of free space :( )

using RZRY 6.5 rom build 23049

apparently most require to be in device memory, some of them are able to be installed to the program file folder, which can be installed on "My Storage"

alot of programs like games and stuff can be installed onto My Storage, therefore, try uninstall and reinstall some of the bloated applications to your My Storage to free up device memory. =)

=======================

Now just questions, from me: i've found that you can change the shell to open up some of these applications by default, but i have found that lite calendar does not open properly if i link it to :MSCalendar and try to open it in titanium's Appointments, it will open fine when i use the link in start menu any ideas?

also does anyone know how to replace call log? (i am using the DXID1_23064_M2D_Hades_v2) I know th dialer is defaulted to windows default, any suggestions? i would change to samsung's if there's guide on how to... please help. thanks

Guest ASDIOMNASD

Hey. great work just great!

I have CallLog Installed But i want on TodayScreen When i press Contacts to open me the CallLog not the Original Samsung ContactLog, How can i do that? Thanks :)) (6.1 ROM)

Edited by ASDIOMNASD

Thanks Koofteh and ZeteX for your replies!

The weird thing is I never install something to the device mem.. all my apps are on My Storage ..

I'll try again later when I'll flash my phone .. this ROM is awesome but has a few bugs ..

Should I go for a LITE rom if I want to install these since the main programs aren't installed on these ?

Sector: Do you think you can make a ROM with these preinstalled ? I know you've probably heard this a lot now (and maybe you're already working on it :( )

But I think it would be awesome!!

If i only knew how to cook myself ... I'll look into that when I have more time :-) Making music is just tooooo time consuming :)

Thanks and keep up the magnificant work !!