Rom decision help?

Guest Farnick

Guest Farnick

Im sorry if these questions are dumb, but i cant really find the rom id like. i have an omnia i910 i want to upgrade to 6.5 and would like a cooked rom. but there are some things i want to keep. i use shozu quite often. all of the ones i have seen remove this application. and im not entirely sure what unlocked GPS means. does it mean its free or does it mean that i can use it. because im prettty sure its useable now. Thank you in advanced.

Guest dbsimms63

Unlocked GPS means you can use your GPS with other apps, like a compass, speedometers, Google maps, etc., not just VZNavigator. In the stock ROM the only thing that can use the GPS is VZNavigator, and yes you are charged to use the VZNav, but you can use your GPS free with Google maps or other GPS apps now with the new CF03 or cooked ROMs based on CF03.

Guest necosino

To expand a little, the GPS is a chip built into your phone, and unlocked with the CF03 ROM. Just go to settings - Personal - Phone - Services - GPS - Location ON and soft reset

In the past, the only way to get GPS was to use VZNav, which was $10 or $15/month.

Now, using your built-in GPS chip is completely free! Just don't use VZNav. Use Google Maps, iGo, TomTom, etc etc, there are a lot out there. :)