Omnia ROM english

Guest qlaus

Hello everybody

This is my first post @modaco and i'd like to ask you (of course, if someone is free to help)

I know this subject has been talked here to many times but I still dont get it clear yet, then I decided to open a new post where i can put all my concerns.

1-My omnia is in portuguese and id like to change the OS to english, but i want to know all pro and cons.

2After the changes, will I be able to go back to the original OS?

3-Has WM6.5 been released?

4-Does Samsung will provide it for omnia users?

5-What is the best rom available?...

6-I have a license for Route 66 with Iberia maps, will I still have it after Upgrade?

that is enough for now..i hope to get answers on it..

thanks in advance

3. Yes, WM 6.5 has been released. It is not supported by Samsung to get an update to 6.5. However, the rom builders are very good and always provide with the latest build. We are on v. 6.5.1 over here.

5. Every rom is different. The most known cookers on modaco is Secror, Khuanchai, ShokkA9, Nicklashidegard etc. Search on the forum. Look at their posts and flash to whatever you think has the best apps and looks the best. You have M2D roms etc and ultra lite which is nearly stripped and lighter and faster. Good luck!

6. I'm not sure. I have the same as you, Nordic maps. My Route 66 is innstalled in storage card and installs automatically when I flash. I think this is the same when it comes to your situation.

I'm sorry, can not answer all of your questions :)

Q -After the changes, will I be able to go back to the original OS?

A- No

Q-Has WM6.5 been released?

A- yes but not officially for samsung Omnia i900 there is some leaked versions

Q-Does Samsung will provide it for omnia users?

A- We Hope so...!

Q-What is the best rom available?...

A- I recommend roms from Sector Here

Q-I have a license for Route 66 with Iberia maps, will I still have it after Upgrade?

A- No ... the rom will delete all the system files including the one already was installed in your phone part ( not my storage )

I wish i helped

Sorry but need to add something to the post above. Omnia will not get an update to wm 6.5. But don't worry! You find it on modaco :)

Also, if Route 66 is as an cab on storage card you can install from there :( It is likely to start automatically when you flashed. And what you have on "My Storage" will not be deleted after flashing.