no google option on htc mail?

Guest qpop

Hi wondering if anyone else has experienced this? Since modaco 2.3 I have been unable to use the HTC mail app, as it gives me no option for agoogle account. I have tried a wipe and update twice to no avail! Any ideas?

Guest Chivalryy
Hi wondering if anyone else has experienced this? Since modaco 2.3 I have been unable to use the HTC mail app, as it gives me no option for agoogle account. I have tried a wipe and update twice to no avail! Any ideas?

i think i just set mine up under the option for "Other".... works fine :)

Guest foxmeister

You could use "Other".....

However, it's better to use Exchange ActiveSync (see here) as Gmail now supports push email over ActiveSync.

Regards,

Dave

Guest dwattsy21
You could use "Other".....

However, it's better to use Exchange ActiveSync (see here) as Gmail now supports push email over ActiveSync.

Regards,

Dave

Dave, does this mean that you can set up the htc mail app using push, similar to the gmail app. My biggest gripe with the htc mail app was that it didnt do push, meaning that battery is drained quicker, an you only get emails when it updates every 5 mins. Are you saying there is a way to change this? If so please say how.

Cheers, Dave

Guest libor123
Dave, does this mean that you can set up the htc mail app using push, similar to the gmail app. My biggest gripe with the htc mail app was that it didnt do push, meaning that battery is drained quicker, an you only get emails when it updates every 5 mins. Are you saying there is a way to change this? If so please say how.

Cheers, Dave

1) Push will for sure drain your battery quicker since you are online all the time !!!

2) ActiveSync can be set up just like for WinMo phone - http://www.google.com/support/mobile/bin/a...amp;topic=14299 , for push select "As items arrive" in the download frequency settings

3) Consider using bultin Gmail sync and Gmail app

Guest chucky.egg

Push will drain your battery slightly faster.

You are online all the time (I would have thought almost everyone has their connection "always on" anyway) but the amount of data it transfers is minimal. It's basically a heartbeat, with a larger trigger to initiate a device sync.

Personally I find the advantages of a single Calendar, Inbox and Contacts more beneficial than the Push Email feature. You don't have to use both

Guest bluecat69

I'm stumped with this one too. I would like to use the HTC mail widget with my google account that i had to set up on the phone. So how do i go abouts doing that? I've tried all sorts and it just doesn't work.

Guest dwattsy21
I'm stumped with this one too. I would like to use the HTC mail widget with my google account that i had to set up on the phone. So how do i go abouts doing that? I've tried all sorts and it just doesn't work.

Try this mate

http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=77695

i set up imap using a step by step on the google mail site. have a look around on there you should be able to find it