how to add strings to default.hv?

Guest prp

Hi i want to add some packages to a custom rom like antitheft program and other. I extracted the pda.bin file with executor (many thanks to Pako for the great tool) everything ok added the packages but when it comes to registry there is a hard time. I used cereg editor to edit it opens the file i can add the rgu files but when try to save the file it's not good much smaller than the original file and when i compare it - alot of differencies. Only good program found so far : RGUEditor 1.1 but has small opions and i couldn't find a way to import rgu files. Have to add keys and strings by hand very annoying. Please help me rom chief masters. Thanks in advance.

Hi i managed to build my default.rgu file with RGUEdit.1.1.2 but now i can't convert it back to default.hv. I use rgucomp to compile it but it gives me too many errors even the original default.rgu extracted from the hv with rgucomp can't be compiled back because of some stange errors. With hvedit v2 i compiled it successfully but the file is not the same when i compare it. Please tell me how to compile successfully rgu file.

Thanks in advance.

Guest rtomakov
Hi i managed to build my default.rgu file with RGUEdit.1.1.2 but now i can't convert it back to default.hv. I use rgucomp to compile it but it gives me too many errors even the original default.rgu extracted from the hv with rgucomp can't be compiled back because of some stange errors. With hvedit v2 i compiled it successfully but the file is not the same when i compare it. Please tell me how to compile successfully rgu file.

Thanks in advance.

Why did you converted default.hv to .rgu (unicode .reg)?

You just had to copy default.hv (or user.hv) to Temp\Registry folder of RGUEdit. The program will load .hv files, and after editing it will convert them back to .hv by itself, without even asking you for saving format.

Guest sinancetinkaya

If you only want to put a program into your rom, you don't need to struggle with hv files :) Look, I've written an instruction in my blog(see my signature) but unfortunately in Turkish (For turkish users of course). I'm too lazzy to write the same thing in English (may be in future). So you can use google translate. Even only pictures will give you an idea.

Edited by sinancetinkaya