Palringo updated to v2.0.0

Guest philly-d

Guest philly-d
thumb_19-Oct-2009_Palringo 2.0.jpg

Palringo keeps on getting better, and it's free!

To fill you in, Palringo is an Instant Messaging client for mobile devices and computers that works with:
  • Windows Live Messenger (MSN)
  • AOL Instant Messenger (AIM)
  • Yahoo! Messenger
  • Google Talk
  • Facebook Chat
  • iChat / MobileMe
  • Gadu-Gadu

You can also easily add pictures or send voice messages at the click of a button.

I use MSN, Yahoo and Facebook Chat and I must say it's really good :)

Anyway here's a link to the full changelog which includes:

Completely new install/uninstall process
Automatic updates now only notify users that an update is available - downloading is manually approved
Settings->Display->Group join/leave alerts
Settings->Display->Contact List (item size) option
Settings->Display->Tab size option replaces "Large Buttons" option.
Contact list can now be filtered by service type, so you can effectively have a separate list for Facebook/MSN/Yahoo etc.
Added private message spam filter for Palringo service
Edit Profile link from overview screen
Miscellaneous other bug fixes and optimisations

If you're not using Palringo already it comes highly recommended by the Modaco Team, and you can even "Group Chat" to us.
Just go to Groups > Join a Group > Enter "modaco" and join the fun :(

Guest Silic0nJ3sus

Just an FYI, browsing to www.palringo.com/mobi from my WinMo phone gave me the installer for the previous version of the software. In order to get 2.0.0 I had to download the .cab from their downloads section. Hopefully they'll update the /mobi install soon.

Guest pd.ryder

V2.0 seems to be a good drain on the battery reserves, especially now I've added my Facebook a/c deets and pulled in chat from there. I don't remember needing to charge it twice a day with the previous install. All power saving / data saving options ticked.

I'm doing a test today - it's been running minimised since 0900 sitting on my desk and I'll see when it depletes the battery. Probably just after lunch :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.