[WM6.5 Omnia 2] Customising the WM6.5 lockscreen and other default screens

Guest emperorben

Guest Dj_suca
I made my final version of my lockscreen. I put some wallpapers in the zip too. :P

Update:

- I was removed the destination selection from the installer.

- I was changed the height of the notifications sliders area to fit between the appointments and the slider if 3 notification sliders appears.

1 of all great lockscreens guys, tnks for your great work

Rapid... jesus this is beautifull...

Guest abdelrahim
I made my final version of my lockscreen. I put some wallpapers in the zip too. :P

Update:

- I was removed the destination selection from the installer.

- I was changed the height of the notifications sliders area to fit between the appointments and the slider if 3 notification sliders appears.

This is the most LS so far....Thanks for Sharing....I will try it...

Guest abdelrahim
This is the most LS so far....Thanks for Sharing....I will try it...

Here is Rapid81 LS on my device....Missed call Icon and SMS Icon working well ....the slider button being down and date/ time up is just perfect....I WILL STICK on TO THIS BEAUTIFUL SCREEN.. :P THANKS AGAIN TO Rapid81...

post-635964-1270334995_thumb.png

post-635964-1270335793_thumb.png

Edited by abdelrahim

I've noticed that too and not only in call screen but all alarm screens. I think that it might be a problem with the lockscreen with the latest roms (b1 and later), because even with a hard reset or even new rom flash and without installing my lockscreen, that problem is still there for me.

Anyway i gave up on default lockscreen. It uses 10mb+ ram, its slow, it lags and it barely has any other features other than clock and next appointment.

S2U2 is the way to go. Alot less ram (~3mb) alot more customization alot faster...

That's exactly what I did afterwards. Now I'm using the latest S2U2 for some time and I'm quite happy with it. As you mentioned it's much better than the wm6.5 lockscreen - it's lighter, good looking, practical and no sound cuts now. :P

Guest modacian
Hello Rapid,

Thank you for the amazing lock, however I have two requests if you don't mind:

1. in my case the appointments area does not fit the words, they carry on all the way to the right!

2. Can you make one with bigger slider?

terribly sorry if this has been answered somewhere, but I'm a total noob and didn't find it in this thread!

Thanks to all again...

To Rapid81:

sorry to ask again, but do you have the time to check out the above request?

Thanks...

Guest modacian
To Rapid81:

sorry to ask again, but do you have the time to check out the above request?

Thanks...

By the way. it doesn't work with D1 i.e. 6.5.3...

Guest Omega Ra

here is a weird issue I am having, everytime I try to put in someone else's CPR file it reverts back to the original 6.1 screen...not even the samsung screen...guess I am going to have to edit my .cpr manually....

Guest abdelrahim
This is how I overwrite files in ROM, and it works everytime. We'll use the above example.

You want to replace icn_em_up.png

Name the new file you want to overwrite with icn_em_up_.png (Note the additional underscore at the end)

Transfer that file to the windows directory on the phone

From the phone's file manager, the regular file explorer works fine, rename your new file and remove that additional underscore. This will result in two files in the windows directory with the same name. Reboot the phone and the one you just added will be the active file. Note, this must be done on the phone. If you try to rename via your windows desktop file explorer it will not work.

It doesn't overwrite the file in ROM as much as it "hides" it. If you were to delete the file you added, the original one from ROM will automatically take its place.

Thanks for the fix but NOT WORKING for me...the original files in my windows folder lack the word png at the end and I have tried to change the new file to look like the original by deleting png and refuses to overwrite...tried the opposite to add png in the original file to look like the new file but also refuses to overwrite...I know Iam stupid ;) ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest royalbloodvi
Here is Rapid81 LS on my device....Missed call Icon and SMS Icon working well ....the slider button being down and date/ time up is just perfect....I WILL STICK on TO THIS BEAUTIFUL SCREEN.. :huh: THANKS AGAIN TO Rapid81...

Can anyone add their default LS_lockscene 480x800 original file? I ruined mine =(

Guest royalbloodvi

post-640638-1264951996_thumb.png

My problem is, I dont want the Manila time and date, but JUST the DEFAULT WM6.5 time and date shown at the UPMOST top, OR, just how to Delete the time and date off the wm screen.

So anyone can do this, it would be my GREATEST birthday present ever =D

Hope this makes everyone's lockscreens more fancier, and HOPE that some pro can change this for me, supposedly you can use CHome Visual Editor and notepad to make these changes but I have no clue how to use it =(

Btw, just extract all the files to your windows folder using totalcommander, softreset.

The CPR and files for the image show can be downloaded here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread...842#post6338842

Edited by royalbloodvi

Guest andel90

Hi can anyone please help me im on JD1 windows 6.5.3, i have tried ALL the locks and none of them seem to work, can someone please tell me why? Thank you.

Guest khanmech
You guys know how to remove time & date from lockscreen?

You can open the cpr file in notepad or notepad++ and make manual deletions and insertions. Doesn't appear you can do that in CVE, but you could modify the properties within Chome by, say deleting the properties and values that relate to what what you want to get rid of.

Guest khanmech
Hi can anyone please help me im on JD1 windows 6.5.3, i have tried ALL the locks and none of them seem to work, can someone please tell me why? Thank you.

You haven't described exactly what "doesn't work" means, but it may be similar to my problem. I have an i920, dc23 updated, and the LS_Lockscreen files are read-only and in ROM. If there is a way to get around that, I am not aware of it. AFAIK, there no way to delete the file in the ROM and replace it short of cooking a new ROM. Then again, I may be missing something, I am not a pro.

Guest royalbloodvi
You can open the cpr file in notepad or notepad++ and make manual deletions and insertions. Doesn't appear you can do that in CVE, but you could modify the properties within Chome by, say deleting the properties and values that relate to what what you want to get rid of.

I know I can open it with notepad, but what exactly do I need to delete? Would u know? I've tried a lot, and have ended up wasting time because each time I would try to delete something related to the time, or date, it would just take me to the black & grey windows default pin skin..

Edited by royalbloodvi

Guest royalbloodvi

Okay, I managed to delete time and date from screen, and it is now smoother to slide to unlock, by using Chomeeditor and pressing Del key for whichever you want to delete, hope this helps others with same problem =)

Now, I have one more question, I want to get the standard default windows time & date and chuck it onto my .CPR, how is this done?

And, How can I change the colour of the text for "timetext"?

Edited by royalbloodvi

Guest andel90
You haven't described exactly what "doesn't work" means, but it may be similar to my problem. I have an i920, dc23 updated, and the LS_Lockscreen files are read-only and in ROM. If there is a way to get around that, I am not aware of it. AFAIK, there no way to delete the file in the ROM and replace it short of cooking a new ROM. Then again, I may be missing something, I am not a pro.

Hi thanks for replying, well basically i have copied the required files into the widnows folder and rebooted and get the windows default lock screen after rebooting, i have been able to replace the old lockscreen files in the rom without any problems. i have also installed a cab file of the lockscreen and nothing seems to happen, thanks for your reply.