hero VS htc hd2

Guest jgtthd

Guest gavinfabl

I have the Hero as my main phone. I also have devices from all the other os. I used windows mobile a lot and it is good. Tweaking the registry is like customising and fun. If I had to choose between a Hero or HD2 I would pick the HD2. Lovely screen, good camera and lots of software. However android is more polished than windows at the moment and shows a lot of potential.

Personally I am waiting to see what the reviews are like for the HD2. I am also waiting to see what 1ghz android devices with large screens are released. And what the new iPhone is like. Personally I prefer the keyboard on my iPod Touch. In landscape I can type just as fast on it as I hard keyboard.

I would wait. A 1ghz large screen android device sounds better.

Guest squirreleater
Just ask yourself one question: Windows or Android.

Quite. I came from a touch HD to the hero and they are miles apart, the Winmo Vs android is the real difference as well as the hero's capatacive(sp?) screen.

No contest really.

I'm waiting for the X3, that should be an awesome phone- should blow the hero away.

Guest squirreleater
not a helpful comment :)

i have never had problems with windows and from what i have read winmo 6.5 leading onto V7 are meant to be really good.

Winmo 6.5 is no different from 6.1 really, just a different front- touchflo makes is a pointless update anyway.

That's why I jumped ship to Android- because it was clear once 6.5 was out in the wild that Winmo needed a hell of a lot more work to even get close to Android/apple/palm OS.

Guest scoobytwo
why does everyone say windows mobile is so bad?

why does eveyrone think android is so good?

If you're a business user then maybe WM is ok. Otherwise Android is just much better.

Android is better at "being a phone" whereas with a WM device you always know its a pocket PC that just happens to let you make phonecalls.

Also apps for windows mobile cost alot more than they do for android.