Microsoft getting humourous?

Guest l3v5y

One of the very few issues I have with Windows Mobile is the almost complete lack of advertising. Googles Android and Apples iPhone are marketed almost everywhere, but where are the Windows Phone ads? This has been beginning to change, with Facebook hiding under the table, and now Microsoft take a jab at the ludicrous number of rubbish applications on the iPhones App Store... :)

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344">

What are peoples thoughts on this?

Guest jackdaniel

I think it's right :) , it is true that lots of people talked about iphone apps, but most of them are trash, usless, fun for 1 minute and after that they are just usless-SW stored on the phone.

Guest andybarker

I can't quite decide if I like it or not. I see the way they are "educating" people about all the crap available for the iCrone, but I think it depends very much on your mood as to whether it is funny or not.

Seems more like a so-so sketch from a comedy show, rather than an actual advert. I always think it is better to talk about your product, and not to diss others'. Gives the focus to the other guy more than it does to you most of the time (hence how Bush got in 2nd time - all the opposition's adverts were about how bad Bush was rather than how good they were).

Guest Sonicr360

Seems another web site is asking for comments on this...

http://www.coolsmartphone.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14680

If I read right, there is now an estimated 70 - 80k apps for the iPhone.

So dont expect them ALL to be good... but expect ALOT to be produtive and do exactly what they say on the tin !

Each to their own, but the advert is a complete joke - Not funny, nothing to really inspire me to get a WM device and if this is the cr4p type of commercials we can expect, you will lose more customers, than gain some!

What is the apple motto .... "there's an app for that"? or something?

Can assure you I dont consider this commercial will help sales :)

But I am sure Apple is laughing if it was real ......!

Guest Sonicr360
I think it's right :) , it is true that lots of people talked about iphone apps, but most of them are trash, usless, fun for 1 minute and after that they are just usless-SW stored on the phone.

no real difference to the WM apps - I got quite a few ... cannot say I use them much at all now.

Seems another web site is asking for comments on this...

http://www.coolsmartphone.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14680

If I read right, there is now an estimated 70 - 80k apps for the iPhone.

So dont expect them ALL to be good... but expect ALOT to be produtive and do exactly what they say on the tin !

Each to their own, but the advert is a complete joke - Not funny, nothing to really inspire me to get a WM device and if this is the cr4p type of commercials we can expect, you will lose more customers, than gain some!

What is the apple motto .... "there's an app for that"? or something?

Can assure you I dont consider this commercial will help sales :)

But I am sure Apple is laughing if it was real ......!

Whilst Google Fights are in no way a precise science, I think you'll find that there are many more "applications" for WM than there are for the iPhone.

Apple used to be taking the line that "you don't need an SDK because everything is built in". I wonder where that went?!?

Most iPhone Apps do what they say on the tin, but what they say on the tin is "iFart", and I'm sure that doesn't count as part of a healthy diet!

Guest Sonicr360
Whilst Google Fights are in no way a precise science, I think you'll find that there are many more "applications" for WM than there are for the iPhone.

Apple used to be taking the line that "you don't need an SDK because everything is built in". I wonder where that went?!?

Most iPhone Apps do what they say on the tin, but what they say on the tin is "iFart", and I'm sure that doesn't count as part of a healthy diet!

But it is not just about the apps - Putting that to one side, things like Android OS and the iPhone OS just appears to be so much better.

Not sure what the google reference was about, but I was not sure if I was meant to laugh or be impressed about it.

Really, if MS want to come up with something "constructive", then do it - Dont take the p!ss out of something better than what you currently have, otherwise they are going to f*ck up big time!

Edited by Sonicr360

Guest Sonicr360

Not sure how true this is.... but....

http://pocketnow.com/news-archive/funny-ma...rosoft-apps-lab

Web-IS are stating MS rejected their FlexMail app!

Quote from Alex...

"“Let me add - I think Marketplace is great. But those in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. That's all. "

Sort of agree - But remember.... its not just about apps :) and this discussion should not be taken seriously :(

Edited by Sonicr360

Love the add as I said here.

Couldn't get it to embed though.

Sorry, RSS didn't seem to notice that being posted!

Sonicr360: At first your argument was about Apps, and now you're saying it's not about apps? A coherent argument is generally more persuasive!

Guest Sonicr360
Sorry, RSS didn't seem to notice that being posted!

Sonicr360: At first your argument was about Apps, and now you're saying it's not about apps? A coherent argument is generally more persuasive!

LOL LOL LOL Oh i3v5y you are so funny !!!

And who was arguing?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.