09/Feb 1.7 - MoDaCo Custom ROM - Stock T-Mobile Style (now with online kitchen)

Guest PaulOBrien

Excellent Paul, thanks! (Does this topic need to be sticky?)

It is!

I'm going to totally overhaul the main ROM topic and merge it with the kitchen topic going forward...

P

Guest niko1986

I'm having issues with bluetooth switching on im currently using 1.7, was working on previous versions of the rom. It sayings "turning on ..." greys out the option as if its trying after about 10 seconds it is still off with the option also unchecked.

Anyone else had this? Just want to check before doing a wipe.

Guest MrJoshua

Installed 1.7 this morning - first time I've flashed a custom rom to my Pulse - Thanks Paul :)

I got lots of Java and Servo Search force closes after installing this rom, so I just uninstalled these apps.

Cheers!

Edited by MrJoshua

Guest Boneyneil

Hi All,

Help, yes after reading all the comments I find that I must be way, way, at the bottom of the list when it comes to technical jargon. What happened to the days of ( put the square peg in the square hole, and the round peg in the round hole). Yes thats how basic I am ! All joking aside I do love gadgets and have just bought a Pulse. I have had it unlocked, and it is running fine, but I don't like the T Mobile start up screen plus one or two other things on it. Having read the various postings notice that MoDaCo have my problem covered. But here is where I start to get screwed up, I'm having problems with making sense of it all. To be fair I have noticed that I am running the 1.5 firmware and realise that I will have to start from there. Backups and split partitions are way beyond me, but I do want to give it a go, if some kind person out there can spare the time and is willing to lead me by the hand and run through it step by step I would be most grateful. Thanks :)

Guest John Hamelink

I'm having problems with my SD card not being detected by the phone after partitioning it using recovery mode. I have also done it manually and the same thing happens.

Guest starkos
I'm having problems with my SD card not being detected by the phone after partitioning it using recovery mode. I have also done it manually and the same thing happens.

You shouldn't have problems doing it in Recovery menu, did you make sure to set swap partition to 0?

Guest John Hamelink
You shouldn't have problems doing it in Recovery menu, did you make sure to set swap partition to 0?

In short, no I didn't! That is probably where I went wrong, ill give that a shot. Thank you for the heads up!

Guest channi3
Stock ROM downloads [outdated]

V100R001GBRC85B116SP01 (original shipping T-Mobile release, will NOT boot on devices running the December update) - http://content.modaco.net/pulse/update-pul...bile-signed.zip

I have the 1.7 Custom Vanilla ROM installed with the december update. I need to revert it back to the factory original ROM. How will I do this when I have the december update installed?

Guest robot1000
I have the 1.7 Custom Vanilla ROM installed with the december update. I need to revert it back to the factory original ROM. How will I do this when I have the december update installed?

Can't you just 'update' the firmware to the December update, which will restore it to Factory Conditions (i.e. T-mobile ROM)

Hi all, I flashed this rom yesterday with 0 swap and 512 ext3 partition from recovery img, I have noticed that I cant install any of my backed up apps using Astro file manager I also tried to install from the market but keep getting (name the of app= cant be installed on this phone) anyone know what the problem is?

Iv been rooted for a while but was still running the stock rom up to yesterday and didnt incounter this.

thanks in anticipation. :)

Edit> Iv read a few pages back that this rom dont support ext3 but the OP says it does which is it please.

BigguyUK

Rating: 0

View Member Profile

Add as Friend

Send Message

Find Member's Topics

Find Member's Posts

Quote " A2SD included (fully automatic - thanks cyanogen!) - create a EXT2 partition as your second partition to use. dalvik-cache remains on device. EXT3 and EXT4 are NOT supported. You must NOT have a swap partition on your SD, or it will refuse to mount."

Edit> solved the problem thanks.

Edited by twics

Quote " A2SD included (fully automatic - thanks cyanogen!) - create a EXT2 partition as your second partition to use. dalvik-cache remains on device. EXT3 and EXT4 are NOT supported. You must NOT have a swap partition on your SD, or it will refuse to mount."

Edit> solved the problem thanks.

I can confirm that a 512MB EXT3 partition works fine with the custom ROM and apps2sd.

Seems im late to the party again, Hi Paul after getting my apps to install using Astro later found out that a few of my apps keep FC'ing/ Twidriod, Wireless tether, Myspace, Scoreboard just wanted to know if this is a known issue and if there are any fix's.

ps, is this 1.7 stock style custom and Vanilla the only custom roms out for the Pulse?

thanks.

I can confirm that a 512MB EXT3 partition works fine with the custom ROM and apps2sd.

Thanks, I still have a few bugs here and there not sure whats wrong some app's didnt want to open then they did, the apps that keep FC'ing im gonna try installing from the market and see if that helps, but speed and smoothness is good, was gonna flash 1.8 but I didnt realize you have to pay £10+ so ill have to wait till I upgrade my account.

Anyway thanks alot for your work Paul. :)

Edit> Installing apps from market didnt work, not sure whats going on with this rom, Servo search keeps FC'ing apps that were once working is now not working uummm weird!!!!!

please help if you can thanks.

Edited by twics

Guest John Hamelink

Hi Paul,

I am having trouble SSHing to my pulse. I am using port 2222, but I get "no route to host" errors:

snak3@Panther:~$ ssh [email protected] -p 2222

ssh: connect to host 192.168.1.123 port 2222: No route to host

snak3@Panther:~$

Hi all,

I think I've been successful in rooting and getting this custom T-Mobile type ROM working, however the google maps application keeps force closing and I can't find anywhere to download it again from the market - any idea's? I (think) the SD card is partitioned - I did it in the nandroid recovery menu and set swap to 0 before flashing the zip of the ROM, could this be the source of the problem?

Also I'd like to thank Paul and all the others working on this and/or providing advice and information.