09/Feb 1.7 - MoDaCo Custom ROM - Stock T-Mobile Style (now with online kitchen)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest swatcheez
Have you enabled Contacts in the Synchronisation menu in Settings?

P

Syncronisation of contacts works, and is in fact the only way I can add contacts (via google.com/contacts)

It may be somehting to do with the fact that I have over 700 contacts on the phone, and it hits a glitch there, but when I try to add a contact on the phone, ie a number that has called me, when I press save, I get an error of

Notification

No memory to save this contact

This happens on the original ROM and on the 1.3 modaco version.

I posted it in the forum and apparently the November update cures this, but that would mean not using Paul's ROM and having to wipe my phone, neither I'm too keen on....

Guest swatcheez

Suggested feature for a future update:

Android (out of the box) is rubbish with regards to foreign characters - it's set droidsans fonts are very limited.

To enable them it requires meddling with adb and root accesses etc, which is scary, but essentailly all that needs to be done, is to replace the droidsansfallbak.ttf with a similar one (the suggested one is dejavu) then rename it droidsansfallback.ttf.

Would be greatly appreciated by anyone using Hebrew or Arabic

Guest swatcheez

2 Questions on partitioning.

Does the sd card have to be partitioned before installing the ROM, so should I reinstall the ROM after partitioning?

Can I use my android as a "card reader" to partition it, or will I end up doing somehting horrible to my pulse?

I install v1.3 ROM. But after reboot I see only ANDROID logo. I wait more than 50 minutes. What sould I do? What is the problem?

Turn off the phone by taking out the battery.

Take out the memory card, and wipe it on your pc. Put the 1.3 rom on the fat32 partition.

Boot the phone.

Do a recovery boot.

Put in the memory card, while in recovery mode.

Do a factory reset from the recovery console.

Install the 1.3 rom from the recovery console.

Reoot, and it should work.

Guest mikeyxb
2 Questions on partitioning.

Does the sd card have to be partitioned before installing the ROM, so should I reinstall the ROM after partitioning?

Can I use my android as a "card reader" to partition it, or will I end up doing somehting horrible to my pulse?

if you want all your apps to be moved to sd then i would advise doing the partition before the rom update, and yes you can use your phone as card reader if your using ubuntu, but make sure you unmount the sd card from sd settings otherwise it wont work, then just mount the phone from notification bar and it will work, just use gparted to resize fat32 and add ext2 partition, this way is easiest if you dont want to loose your files already on it, but please do a backup just incase

Version 1.4 now online!

Changelog

Now based on November release

Added MoDaCo Custom Kernel 1.1 with automatic compcache

P

Great!!

I flashed mine, but now all my apps are gone.

Then when I want to install something from the market, which I had previously installed, it says its already installed...

Bas-R:

go to recovery mode and try repair ext file system. This solves most of the times these problems. Also do not create a swap partition, this breaks things as well. I had similar

poblems and ultimately I decided to do a factory wipe and reinstall everything.

Bas-R:

go to recovery mode and try repair ext file system. This solves most of the times these problems. Also do not create a swap partition, this breaks things as well. I had similar

poblems and ultimately I decided to do a factory wipe and reinstall everything.

I know, I did an ext repair, did not help, then converted ext2 to ext3, did not help:

now I'm deinstalling and reinstalling all of my apps...

/EDIT: having done that, all my apps work fine again, and it's blazing fast!!

Thanks Paul! Great job you did!

Edited by bas-r

HTH! ;)

I'm probably coming to the limit of what we can do with the Pulse without massively changing the underlying ROM... I don't really wanna bake 1.6/2.0 from scratch, and aside from getting wireless tether working, we're in a pretty good place now!

Plus, I just got an Acer Liquid... ;)

lol!

P

HTH! ;)

I'm probably coming to the limit of what we can do with the Pulse without massively changing the underlying ROM... I don't really wanna bake 1.6/2.0 from scratch, and aside from getting wireless tether working, we're in a pretty good place now!

Plus, I just got an Acer Liquid... ;)

lol!

P

ehm.. you might wanna rewrite opening post .. kernel may have swap support but with the current implementation of a2sd it wont work apparenly (as posted by sevral people allready).... so i suggest making this more clear in opening post .. especially if you dont plan on changing much anytime soon.

.. we all just have to be patient a couple of months for 2.0 from t-mobile...;) i hope by Q1 2010 means more januari/early feb then somewhere in march but i am not counting on it. meybe then some more great stuff can be done for the pulse

ybtw paul, you bought a pulse for yourself just recently and are allready switching to a liquid.. damn you rich bastard ;) :P

Edited by snikje

That's not entirely true, you can have swap in a file just fine, but not a partition. It's also not related to A2SD.

"You must NOT have a swap partition on your SD, or it will refuse to mount." in red is pretty clear I reckon! ;)

P

Guest pandinusimp

It seems that A2SD doesn't work. MoDaCo 1.4

After i installed 1.4 my apps disappeared too. So i reinstalled them. They were installed on the phone memory.

That's what i did to solve this:

repair ext filesystem -> doesn't work; not only once

convert ext2 to ext3 -> doesn't work

reinstall the ROM -> 2 times -> doesn't work

Any ideas? I think i go back to 1.3.

Guest pandinusimp
Erk, somehow the A2SD script got left out of 1.4! I've fixed it as 1.4.1 and it's uploading now. Apologies!

P

Many many thanks for your work! You do a great Job!

Guest blaze23

after updatung to 1.41 i get the problem bas-r mentioned earlier, where the about screen for model number reads:

MoDaCo Custom Rom 1.4.1, REBOOT REQUIRED

according to bas-r the only way to solve this is to factory reset, which i would rather not do. ;)

does anyone know if this is realy a problem, is it going to affect the usability of my phone or make it open to vunerabilities, as i would realy like to avoid reseting my phone if possible.

Guest llaszlo

Paul, I install 1.4.1. It is great. ;) THX!

I read at first time start in the Gmail settings, SSH passwd: 5we-qh.

But I can't connect onto my phone with ssh. Howto connect onto my phone with ssh?

THX.

Paul, I install 1.4.1. It is great. ;) THX!

I read at first time start in the Gmail settings, SSH passwd: 5we-qh.

But I can't connect onto my phone with ssh. Howto connect onto my phone with ssh?

THX.

Did you try to connect on port 22222? I think that's there it runs.

Guest pandinusimp

Hello Paul,

you did a great job with 1.4.1. It's faster than 1.3. No more lagging.

My question is if it's possible to put the vanilla android contact app in to your ROM for the Pulse. I don't like the Pulse contact app because it's shows me only the phone numbers in the contact list if the name of a company is in the organisation field. The fields name and surname are empty. I don't know if it's so in the original vanilla android contact app. That would be cool!

Thanks