09/Feb 1.7 - MoDaCo Custom ROM - Stock T-Mobile Style (now with online kitchen)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Shuflie

I'll update this post with the link when its done, I've a premium account so if anyone else has problems with romraid there should be no problems with hitting the the download limit with free uploads.

link

Edited by Shuflie

installing now,

after reboot it went to android screen then rebooted quickly, then back to android and onto tmobile spinning circle

then it reboots again as before

restoring backup now ;)

But it did work? What rom did you have before? a pre-dec update one?

Yeah, I had the U8230 French one I think ... with the custom kernel. I just fastbooted it back (using windows actually). Grabbed my nandroid backup files and flashed them back on. No problems here.

Guest beshmeee
Tested and working here!

P

Can you explain the difference in performance and facilities between the MCR1.5 (this one) with MCK1.1 and the MCR1.1 (U8230) and MCK1.1.

I think this is where my confusion lies - ie when I recently asked why it went all magenta again after installing MRC1.4.1 over the U8230 v1.1.

I've gone back to the U8230 v1.1 as this seems to be snappier and generally has fewer errors/hangs etc.

Cheers, B.

Edited by beshmeee

Guest Shuflie
Can you explain the difference in performance and facilities between the MCR1.5 (this one) with MCK1.1 and the MCR1.1 (U8230) and MCK1.1.

I think this is where my confusion lies - ie when I recently asked why it went all magenta again after installing MRC1.4.1 over the U8230 v1.1.

I've gone back to the U8230 v1.1 as this seems to be snappier and generally has fewer errors/hangs etc.

Cheers, B.

If you notice the title of this thread it has "+ stock ROMs" at the end of it, the other ROM thread has U8230 in the title. The stock ROM is always going to be T-Mobile branded while the U8230 ROM is a more generic Android build. The MCK 1.1 allows either ROM to support things like compcache, a swap file and ext3/4 support. There is a full description of each ROM on the first page of each thread.

EDIT: I should really type a bit quicker ;)

Edited by Shuflie

Guest beshmeee
If you notice the title of this thread it has "+ stock ROMs" at the end of it, the other ROM thread has U8230 in the title. The stock ROM is always going to be T-Mobile branded while the U8230 ROM is a more generic Android build. The MCK 1.1 allows either ROM to support things like compcache, a swap file and ext3/4 support. There is a full description of each ROM on the first page of each thread.

EDIT: I should really type a bit quicker ;)

Thanks to you both (Paul and Shuffle). I sussed this out myself just a day or so ago (Doh!), but my question really was a matter of performance. Which, in your opinion, runs best - or is it at this stage more the UI and feel that is different and therefore more a question of taste?

Just had the same problem as before - loaded 1.5 over U82301.1 and '.....acore' crahses all the time. Seems only to load over an earlier TMO Rom on my phone as in If I go back to Nandroid with MCR1.2 it will probably update (Which I will try now)! - oops - no!

Will try from earlier Nandroid BU.

Cheers, B.

Guest pandinusimp

Hello Paul,

is it possible to remove Servo Search forever from this ROM. Everytime i make an update this error comes that Servo Search crashed. That's my wish for the next ROM.

Thanks.

Edited by pandinusimp

Guest pandinusimp
You can remove it manually with ADB by doing...

adb remount

adb rm /system/app/*servo*

;)

P

That's right! That's what i do! It would be better if i don't have to do it after a update. ;)

Guest beshmeee
Thanks to you both (Paul and Shuffle). I sussed this out myself just a day or so ago (Doh!), but my question really was a matter of performance. Which, in your opinion, runs best - or is it at this stage more the UI and feel that is different and therefore more a question of taste?

Just had the same problem as before - loaded 1.5 over U82301.1 and '.....acore' crahses all the time. Seems only to load over an earlier TMO Rom on my phone as in If I go back to Nandroid with MCR1.2 it will probably update (Which I will try now)! - oops - no!

Will try from earlier Nandroid BU.

Cheers, B.

You that worked!

Also worked from the recent 1.4.1 based Nandroid.

Would still like to have some info on performance differences if there is any?

Cheers, B.

Guest channi3

adb remount

smile.gif

P

Forgive me for being noob, but do you access the ADB shell on your phone or on the CMD window in XP?

I've downloaded a Terminal Emulator from the Market but cannot get the keyboard to show up so that i can type.

Edited by channi3

Guest englishpunk

adb remount

A slightly easier way is if you use EStrongs File Explorer with the root access option enabled, as you can set the system folder as read/write at the press of a buttong, then just delete required files or folders. This is how i got rid of the buggy 1.00 version of the TouchPal keyboard and replaced it with the 1.10 version, which so far seems less buggy ... ;)