09/Feb 1.7 - MoDaCo Custom ROM - Stock T-Mobile Style (now with online kitchen)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest niko1986
Can someone help please?

I am trying to install this custom ROM but no effect.

Where on SD Card I should put downloaded custom ROM?

What I have to do when I have done above?

I have rooted my device and installed Amon RA's recovery image.

Please help can someone help me how to do this step by step?

Thanks

Edit: a video tutorial would be great for newbies like me (just a suggestion)

Download the Rom and rename the zip file to update.zip, may not need to rename but i always do. Then go to Quickboot in your program list and select Recovery, allow the program the privileges if asked and the phone should reboot to recovery menu. Make a Nandroid backup FIRST, by selecting the appropriate option.

Next personally i would enable USB mass storage and then copy the nandroid folder from your card to your pc for safe keeping. If you want app2sd to work you need to partition your card. Assuming you have the latest Amon Ra recovery select Partition SD, have about 512mb of space as an EXT2 or 3 or 4 partition 3 or 4 preferably, and the rest FAT32.

Now copy the update.zip from your pc and select Flash zip from sdcard. Should then flash everything and your phone will boot up if you have any problems with programs go back to recovery and repair ext partition or you may need to factory reset to iron out any issues. If that doesnt sort it either reflash the update or if you want things back to how they were restore your nandroid backup.

Guest juan1088

Sorry for my english, I'm so upset!

Paul, guys I need urgent help. I tried to put 1.4.1 on, but when I try to boot my phone, I get an error message:

The process android.process acore has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. Then force close.

I can't even boot to recovery mode with quickboot. I'm so depressed please help me, how can I put phone into recovery mode?

Guest juan1088
Boot the recovery image by using 'fastboot boot filename.img', then wipe, then reinstall the ROM.

P

please with more introductions. I can't even reach the apps from the phone, there's nothing but a black wallpaper, and the error message.

Guest Janesy B
please with more introductions. I can't even reach the apps from the phone, there's nothing but a black wallpaper, and the error message.

Then you click ok and it'll restart? Don't touch the home screen and just open the menu and proceed as normal.

Guest juan1088
Then you click ok and it'll restart? Don't touch the home screen and just open the menu and proceed as normal.

tried, not working. Is there a combination to boot to recovery?

Guest Shuflie
tried, not working. Is there a combination to boot to recovery?

No, you can do as Paul suggested and use fastboot (you turn the phone off and turn on with volume down and the red button held down) then use the command he gave. Or if you have the drivers for the phone installed just turn it on, ignore the messages on screen and use ADB to reboot to recovery with the command

adb shell

then

reboot recovery

Guest juan1088

Done, with update.app, and volume+, endcall, power button combination. Now at least I can use my phone ;) I still don't know what could be the problem with the ROM...

Guest niko1986
Done, with update.app, and volume+, endcall, power button combination. Now at least I can use my phone ;) I still don't know what could be the problem with the ROM...

Wipe your phone and try to reapply the update. Worked for me when i had those errors, although not as extreme as your issue.

Guest PatrykJP19
Download the Rom and rename the zip file to update.zip, may not need to rename but i always do. Then go to Quickboot in your program list and select Recovery, allow the program the privileges if asked and the phone should reboot to recovery menu. Make a Nandroid backup FIRST, by selecting the appropriate option.

Next personally i would enable USB mass storage and then copy the nandroid folder from your card to your pc for safe keeping. If you want app2sd to work you need to partition your card. Assuming you have the latest Amon Ra recovery select Partition SD, have about 512mb of space as an EXT2 or 3 or 4 partition 3 or 4 preferably, and the rest FAT32.

Now copy the update.zip from your pc and select Flash zip from sdcard. Should then flash everything and your phone will boot up if you have any problems with programs go back to recovery and repair ext partition or you may need to factory reset to iron out any issues. If that doesnt sort it either reflash the update or if you want things back to how they were restore your nandroid backup.

I partitioned my SD card, but now when I plug in USB canle nothing happens! I can not use mass storage anymore. Then I tried to restore my nandroid backup but error comes up with message "E: Couldn't open directory /sdcard/nandroid/

Edit: I disabled USB mass storage accidently *facepalm*

Thanks for the help

Edit2: Ok I have installed this custom ROM but I still when I connect USB cable I am not able to transfer data between device and PC. When I plug in usb cable there is no Mass Storage option. Help ;)

Edited by PatrykJP19

Guest llaszlo

New update for original ROM

Here: http://support.t-mobile.co.uk/library/TMOB...th_Userdata.zip

Instructions:

http://support.t-mobile.co.uk/help-and-sup...FTWAREDOWNLOADS

December 2009: T-Mobile Pulse software update

This update helps improve the stability of the Pulse and the quality of audio. Before you apply this update, you need to have:

New update for original ROM

Here: http://support.t-mobile.co.uk/library/TMOB...th_Userdata.zip

Instructions:

http://support.t-mobile.co.uk/help-and-sup...FTWAREDOWNLOADS

December 2009: T-Mobile Pulse software update

This update helps improve the stability of the Pulse and the quality of audio. Before you apply this update, you need to have:

It's already being discussed here...

http://android.modaco.com/content/t-mobile...oftware-update/

watch out as it might render your phone unrootable...

Guest murph_ne

Brilliant ROM! I'm new to Android and to be honest was a tad disappointed with how slow my pulse was running. So much so I was starting to regret buying it. Since installing this rom its so much faster. Thanks guys!

Hmm,

tried to upgrade from 1.3 to 1.4.1 and after reboot I get continuous the message

"process android.process.acore has unexpectedly stopped"

Anyone an idea what might be the problem? Now trying to move back to 1.3, but

adb is not working, so how to enter recovery mode?

Edit: it seems you can use adb quite early in the boor process, so I am able to enter

recovery mode.

Edit2: back at 1.3, will try to go to 1.4.1 again, wonder if this time it will work

Edit3: installed 1.4.1, wiped ext partition and factory wipe, it now works, except Roadsync, keeps complaining about http error 400

Edited by rss2k

Updated!

P

Changelog

Now based on December release - note a RIL DLL swap (as on U8230) was required for an un-december-updated device, please provide feedback if you already applied the December update

Other minor changes

Downloaded fine here.

Did you try right click and save as? Someone did have a problem that was solved by doing that.

Presumably it's something to do with the referer checking, I'd guess your browser is not giving the referer to ROMRaid.

Downloaded fine here.

Did you try right click and save as? Someone did have a problem that was solved by doing that.

Presumably it's something to do with the referer checking, I'd guess your browser is not giving the referer to ROMRaid.

Tried both IE and Chrome, still nothing.

I can download the wavesecure addon pack ok, that's also held on romraid. Wonder if it's cacheing on the firewall used here.

Hmm, I just tethered my pulse to my pc and can download it, must be some wierd cache problem on our firewall. Gonna take 40 mins to download and use my limit so will try from home later, or wait for the cache to fix itself!

Edited by rjm2k

Guest Shuflie
Tried both IE and Chrome, still nothing.

I can download the wavesecure addon pack ok, that's also held on romraid. Wonder if it's cacheing on the firewall used here.

Hmm, I just tethered my pulse to my pc and can download it, must be some wierd cache problem on our firewall. Gonna take 40 mins to download and use my limit so will try from home later, or wait for the cache to fix itself!

I'll stick a rapidshare link on here for you to try it now if you like.