Pulse - glitches?

Guest Pulseowner

Guest adeonline
Hehe, sorry... ;)

P

my barcode scanner works .... but only if i point it at a 300watt light first (handy ey!) :D

is there a fix to get voice search workin?

and could anyone tell me if i did use the custom rom what happens? sorry if its a dumb Q :(

thanx

Ade

Guest helikopter

i tried the u8230 rom which can be found in another topic and the headphone bug (music player starts when you plug them in) went away. got shopsavvy working as well, which definitely means that it was a software issue.

Guest Evil Kaz

Had a very strange bug last night, phone was plugged into charge while i was asleep. I heard a my phone vibrate as if i got a text, but it switched itself off and wouldn't turn on until i removed the battery and put it back in. The plug was on and the phone had a full battery when it rebooted. :D

Lucky i wasn't using it as my alarm :(

Guest kristijan_mk
Had a very strange bug last night, phone was plugged into charge while i was asleep. I heard a my phone vibrate as if i got a text, but it switched itself off and wouldn't turn on until i removed the battery and put it back in. The plug was on and the phone had a full battery when it rebooted. :D

Lucky i wasn't using it as my alarm :(

It happens to me 3 times already (in one month)... Did you unplugged (and plugged again) sd card by any chance before that?

Guest Evil Kaz
It happens to me 3 times already (in one month)... Did you unplugged (and plugged again) sd card by any chance before that?

Not for a few weeks, last time i removed the sd was when i was rooting it.

Guest kristijan_mk
Not for a few weeks, last time i removed the sd was when i was rooting it.

mine is not rooted, so that is also not an issue... Anyone has some idea?

Guest kristijan_mk

i can't connect some specific app with the problem.

Maybe you had this scenario

-phone went off (due to low battery)

-phone is connected to the charger and starts charging (also booting up, goes the whole start up process, but at the end displays the battery charging sign)

-phone is turned on

-during charging it turns off

maybe this problem occurs if the phone is connected to the charger while off? (this was the situation with my last case, but i can't remember the previous ones)

Guest Evil Kaz
i can't connect some specific app with the problem.

Maybe you had this scenario

-phone went off (due to low battery)

-phone is connected to the charger and starts charging (also booting up, goes the whole start up process, but at the end displays the battery charging sign)

-phone is turned on

-during charging it turns off

maybe this problem occurs if the phone is connected to the charger while off? (this was the situation with my last case, but i can't remember the previous ones)

No not exactly that scenario for me. The phone still had half power when i connected it to the charger. Maybe, in your case the phone need a certain charge level to be turned on properly. So for example, it wont boot while charging if the battery is too low.

Guest kristijan_mk
No not exactly that scenario for me. The phone still had half power when i connected it to the charger. Maybe, in your case the phone need a certain charge level to be turned on properly. So for example, it wont boot while charging if the battery is too low.

from all the posts I can see that there is no pattern for this problem...

in my case the phone started charging, from battery graph i can see (since I was sleaping) that it turned off when it reached more that 60% battery level.

maybe the network voltage level is the problem, but i never had problems with it (it's stable 210-220V)

Hopefully it will not happen again, but if it happens, write here, we'll try to find the pattern :D

I've got two glitches on my pulse:

- Sometimes when I receive a phone call the sound I hear is all garbled. Buzzes and bleeps like somebody is speaking on the other side but not understandable. The other person hears clearly what I am saying but I'm not able to understand the other person. If I call the person back, everything is OK. Very strange since this happens randomly for received calls.

- I leave my phone on at night. After waking up, the network indicator displays a cross. So there has been something wrong with the network modules?? Only thing that works is a reboot of the phone. Tried putting it in airplane mode but then I'm not able to disable airplane mode again. Also the settings for the wireless network display an error.

Does anybody else have the same problem, and does anybody know how to fix it or how to analyse it?

Guest bencoder

I have the same problem with the barcode app, with it being black, until I point it at a 100watt bulb and then it works - crazy.

Is it true that the libcamera.so in the custom rom fixes this? I quite like the t-mob rom so i'm not too interested in updating until we can get past 1.5 reliably (thank you so much for your efforts) so if i do:

adb push libcamera.so /system/lib/libcamera.so

while in the blue boot screen thing, would that work?

Guest McSpoon
I have the same problem with the barcode app, with it being black, until I point it at a 100watt bulb and then it works - crazy.

Is it true that the libcamera.so in the custom rom fixes this? I quite like the t-mob rom so i'm not too interested in updating until we can get past 1.5 reliably (thank you so much for your efforts) so if i do:

while in the blue boot screen thing, would that work?

Yes, that's correct.

I've never tried replacing a file whilst in the blue bootloader mode, I usually do it whist in the recovery mode. Checkout the OpenGL-ES thread as it does something similar - it explains how to replace the libhgl.so with a better one.

One way to do it is with the following sequence of ADB commands. First switch into recovery mode using

adb shell reboot recovery

Then obtain write permisson to the filesystem.

adb shell mount -o rw /dev/block/mtdblock1 /system

Then overwrite the faulty libcamera.so with your new one.

Then reboot and the barcode scanner should work.

Yes, that's correct.

I've never tried replacing a file whilst in the blue bootloader mode, I usually do it whist in the recovery mode. Checkout the OpenGL-ES thread as it does something similar - it explains how to replace the libhgl.so with a better one.

One way to do it is with the following sequence of ADB commands. First switch into recovery mode using

adb shell reboot recovery

Then obtain write permisson to the filesystem.

adb shell mount -o rw /dev/block/mtdblock1 /system

Then overwrite the faulty libcamera.so with your new one.

Then reboot and the barcode scanner should work.

That's interesting, because I'm running the MCR 1.4.1 ROM, and barcode scanner still doesn't work for me.

Just tried the bright light trick! It actually works. Couldn't find a bright enough bulb until now. Brilliant!

Edited by jmmL

Guest McSpoon
That's interesting, because I'm running the MCR 1.4.1 ROM, and barcode scanner still doesn't work for me.

The libcamera.so file from the U8230 ROM worked for me (you can find it in the U8230 update.zip). Might be worth a try to see if it fixes yours.