Object recognition software (camera)

Guest RelaxedWarrior

Guest RelaxedWarrior

A while ago I saw a preview of the HTC Leo on television. It was possible to point the camera at a passing airplane and the device would tell the flightnumber, were it came from/where it was going, departure and arrival time, etc. Furthermore the camera software also recognized a house that was for sale and imediately stated the asking price and selling agency.

Does anyone know if object recognition software will become available on the B7610 as well?

Guest Martinspire

Only thing that i have seen on the phone is Smart Reader.

With that it should be possible to make pictures of text or business cards which you can save as txt file.

I have tried it and it doesnt work perfectly but i havent tried it yet with english text (since Dutch isnt an option).

Will check back soon.

Guest Martinspire

Ah you mean that. Havent looked for anything yet, but i will do in the morning.

Im guessing that it will be available soon. Perhaps on windows marketplace.

Edit:

Ive checked google now and it seems that it isnt as far as the Iphone or Android, but it is coming.

It wil need some better googleling to have some downloads but im afraid its not that big yet. But its a really new technique that needs a lot of time to grow.

Edited by Martinspire

Guest RelaxedWarrior

Thanks Ste-V-illage, that's exactly what I meant. I think I even saw the second vid on television. I will keep my eyes open for this app, it's unrealistic.

EDIT:

@Martinspire why o why always the annoying Iphone apps. We'll have to wait then cause I'm usually not that into Beta's

Edited by RelaxedWarrior

Guest spaanplaat

Eventually layar will come to wm but they don't know when. It's a discussion @ tweakers.net somewhere.

BTW. little fun fact: its creators are dutch :D