SHOW YOUR DISPLAY!

Guest tacchan23

Guest forelli
Why is it safer flashing HTC devices than Omnia2? (just asking... Omnia2 is my first PPC at all^^) also from what Sorg says, if you flash just PDA and CSC you are 100% safe anyway.

I agree that if you are a flash junkie maybe HTC is better... I guess there will be a lot more cooked ROMs to flash for the HD2 before we even get the first cooked ROM for Omnia2

If your "UC flash" a new rom, you still keep your original rom! Think about the possibilities...

Guest The_Jag
I agree, but still, it's worth trying and way better than 6.5.1: it's the reason why I will sell my O2 when it comes back from servicing to buy a HTC HD2, the Blackstone successor. WM 6.5.1 works well on it, plus, the screen it's bigger, although not AMOLED ;)

Erm, how can you say that WM6.5.1 IS WORKING (or WILL WORK) better on HD2 if it isn't out yet? :D

At least wait for it to be out AND with a cooked WM6.5.1 ROM flashed on it before saying it, or, if you're writing only your opinion then motivate the thought so that we can discuss on :P

Guest forelli
Erm, how can you say that WM6.5.1 IS WORKING (or WILL WORK) better on HD2 if it isn't out yet? :D

At least wait for it to be out AND with a cooked WM6.5.1 ROM flashed on it before saying it, or, if you're writing only your opinion then motivate the thought so that we can discuss on :P

I have tested it on the Blackstone (HTC Touch HD), and still have it (at least my wife, i gave the phone when i bought O2), and the problem is that the CPU is struggling sometimes. If you wanna see how it works, drop by xda and check by yourself (helpful are the first page and the last few ones, of each thread). There you'll find the 21xxx com branch, as well as the 230xx and the 234xx or 235xx branch. Don't expect it to be bug free, of course, but if you can leave with some of them, then wm 6.5.1 is for you. The bottom start button changed my life.

forelli

Guest nikosxri
My screenshots are from cooked ROM.

I have no plans to release it. Especially it violates Modaco rules about content of ROM.

This is purely for my own use with my private settings, keys and so on.

Also, from time i had ASUS P525 and P750 i've understood how people are rude.

So, from that time i'm cooking exctlisively for myself.

And by the way, this topic has name "SHOW YOUR DISPLAY", not "gimme too".

So, let's focus on subject of topic.

emperorben

i don't know is there any cab in internet for HTC Topaz ezInput. I've downloaded Topaz ROM and simple grabed it from there.

There are many Topaz ROMs available in XDA-Dev forum.

powser

please learn how to read and don't tell untrue.

You have absolutely no reason to show to public what they cant get.If you dont want to share something then you have no reason to share what you made because we are not interested to what you see in your bedroom at night.

Its you and another guy in xda crazylisomething that tease the audience with nice shots, some of them fake and people beg for sharing with no result.

I dont have omnia 2 and the only reason i am here is that people like you must keep their work secret like precious diamonds.

I dont know anyone else that did not share his work at least hidden in a rom.

Edited by nikosxri

Guest forelli
You have absolutely no reason to show to public what they cant get.If you dont want to share something then you have no reason to share what you made because...

hey nikos, how is life? May I request a WVGA 21856+ taskbar, let say, like M1?

thanks

forelli

Guest silvos3189
You have absolutely no reason to show to public what they cant get.If you dont want to share something then you have no reason to share what you made because we are not interested to what you see in your bedroom at night.

Its you and another guy in xda crazylisomething that tease the audience with nice shots, some of them fake and people beg for sharing with no result.

I dont have omnia 2 and the only reason i am here is that people like you must keep their work secret like precious diamonds.

I dont know anyone else that did not share his work at least hidden in a rom.

nah i completely disagree with you. If he took the time and effort to cook a rom that fits all his needs and plans to use it only for his own purposes, why would he feel obliged to share it with anyone else besides himself? It's not like he cooked a rom for everyone else and then teases us and refuses to share, he cooked a rom for himself to use and that's all. Since he's the one who has credit for cooking that rom, he gets full say of what to do with it.

It's like saying you got married with this girl and she is GORGEOUS. So when you go with her on a date, and others are saying... damn why won't you share her with us? You'll feel like, she's mine who are you guys, and why are you asking for something that doesn't have anything to do with you?

Guest nikosxri
hey nikos, how is life? May I request a WVGA 21856+ taskbar, let say, like M1?

thanks

forelli

I will buy omnia 2 soon when it comes in greece and then i will share all taskbars and themes.I am on 23081 now omnia 1.

I will start making wvga things soon.

Guest nikosxri
nah i completely disagree with you. If he took the time and effort to cook a rom that fits all his needs and plans to use it only for his own purposes, why would he feel obliged to share it with anyone else besides himself? It's not like he cooked a rom for everyone else and then teases us and refuses to share, he cooked a rom for himself to use and that's all. Since he's the one who has credit for cooking that rom, he gets full say of what to do with it.

It's like saying you got married with this girl and she is GORGEOUS. So when you go with her on a date, and others are saying... damn why won't you share her with us? You'll feel like, she's mine who are you guys, and why are you asking for something that doesn't have anything to do with you?

All these roms that chefs cook, programs, mods and so on where did they come from?

They came from people who were genius and worked hard and of course shared their work and of course are heros now with big respect.Ervius, shokka9, liads, sector, wozzer999, pako777, Da_G and more..

Of course he is not obliged to share anything.But i dont like the way it happened at all and you know what i mean.He doesnot earn respect this way.Its the wrong way to my opinion and i must state it.

Everyone has his course and behaviour in all forums that stays for years printed.

Guest bobobird

Dont be too hard on Sorg, he may realise one day the this in not xda and people here tend to be less "rude" compared to the other places he has been to. He did cook a Jxx for us a while back so the sharing spirit isnt dead.

I am only hoping he puts out some info and stuff about the kitchen and people can pick up from there.

That said, the kitchen will mostly serve to customise certain things rather then trying to fix things like in the i900. The rom builds we have so far seen show very little in way of improvments since not much is required in that regard. SS did a fairly good job overall compared to the first model. As can be seen from many threads, the issues people are raising are pretty minor and not even rom related. Someone wants his sms one way, another wants it another way etc etc- just customisation not fixes. So...

Probably the greatest interest of some is to turn their device into a HTC clone!!!

Edited by bobobird

Guest nikosxri
Dont be too hard on Sorg, he may realise one day the this in not xda and people here tend to be less "rude" compared to the other places he has been to. He did cook a Jxx for us a while back so the sharing spirit isnt dead.

I am only hoping he puts out some info and stuff about the kitchen and people can pick up from there.

+1

Guest nikosxri

That said, the kitchen will mostly serve to customise certain things rather then trying to fix things like in the i900. The rom builds we have so far seen show very little in way of improvments since not much is required in that regard. SS did a fairly good job overall compared to the first model. As can be seen from many threads, the issues people are raising are pretty minor and not even rom related. Someone wants his sms one way, another wants it another way etc etc- just customisation not fixes. So...

Probably the greatest interest of some is to turn their device into a HTC clone!!!

I dont understand something:Is it possible to flash wm 6.5 23081 build for example, in omnia 2?

nikosxri,

my kitchen doesn't consist on someone's tools. All tools has been written by me. Yes, i've took some structures descriptions from other tools, but not code. For me, making ROMs is just big exploration and investigation of structures. I like it, that's why i'm doing it. I'm not doing it to compete to others. I'm sure there are other people who can do things better than me, but i don't care. I'm exploring WM ROMs already more than 3 years that's why i already have many my own tools and even kitchen which i'm using to build ROMs for all my devices. My be my tools aren't best and not so universal, but they do what i need. I'm not interesting to do public ROMs. I was doing that before and i know how much time it requires to test everything even if i don't use something. It was like work, but without salary and even started to affect to quility of my real job. And even that time i had many evil-breathing "fans" disliking that something works not like they want. More i gave - more people wanted. At some point i've started to think that i should stop it. It was already not what i like to do and out of my hobby. So, now i'm doing what i really like and how i like. I'm not obliged to share what i have the same as anybody else. Communism is an utopia :D

I'm sure most people doing ROMs for public sooner or later come to the same point: Why i'm spending so much time for this? When you are student, living with mom and dad, don't need to work and have a lot of free time - you may do such public activity and will be satisfied by price - recognition, respect of virtual society. But when you have family, job and many tasks, you can not accept this price anymore.

That's why people either disappear from WM hacking society, or start to do some commercial activity around it. Or sometimes keep it low profile just for his own interest.

And you, instead spending time to express your jelous feeling, could spend it to make something useful at least for yourself. You even have no Omnia II then why you're trolling here? There were no rules of this topic of what can be shown. So you have no reason to accuse me.

If you think those screenshots are fake, then it's ok. Just relax. And do something useful instead of flame.

I wish you to get Omnia II and start to cook many good ROMs for public. Looks like you are young and full of energy and ready to conquest Omnia II society. Well, good luck to you. I hope you will succeed.

silvos3189,

heh.. nice analogy with girlfriend :P

I didn't though this way ;)

Guest nikosxri

Sorg,

I have nothing against you, I am 45 years old, Orthopaedic Surgeon, doing my hobby.

Actually I admire people who are talented in software stuff like you.

I just disagree with your decisions.It seems you want to punish some freaks that are not greatfull.I have felt this also but i continue sharing things because always most of the forum guys are greatfull and they deserve it.

I wish i could figure of tools and so or built a perfect rom but thats not my talent.

Hope one day you change your mind and then upload your stuff for the forums shake and because i intend to buy the omnia 2 and i want to have all the rom stuff i have for omnia 1.

By the way can you built a wm 6.5 23081 like rom like we do in omnia 1?

Also can anyone else except you build a 23081 rom? (bobobird did not answer to me)

Edited by nikosxri

Guest Khuanchai
Sorg,

I have nothing against you, I am 45 years old, Orthopaedic Surgeon, doing my hobby.

Actually I admire people who are talented in software stuff like you.

I just disagree with your decisions.It seems you want to punish some freaks that are not greatfull.I have felt this also but i continue sharing things because always most of the forum guys are greatfull and they deserve it.

I wish i could figure of tools and so or built a perfect rom but thats not my talent.

Hope one day you change your mind and then upload your stuff for the forums shake and because i intend to buy the omnia 2 and i want to have all the rom stuff i have for omnia 1.

By the way can you built a wm 6.5 23081 like rom like we do in omnia 1?

Also can anyone else except you build a 23081 rom? (bobobird did not answer to me)

Glad to know that you're a doctor. Me too and that's why I have limited knowledge on computing and need people like sorg to advise. What I can do is to put people's tools to customize ROM for own use. Sharing ROM to public is only my hobby and provided "as is". Like for Omnia I, I finally share a clean ROM only. People just download if they like it or use other chefs' ROM.

For Omnia II, building the ROM might not be a problem since there are lots of kitchens for use. However, there is only one updater (Octans) for this device so far. Major obstacle now is how to combine the cooked OS with other parts to be used by Octans. Another problem is the way Omnia II enters bootloader for flashing. It is quite different that Omnia II enters bootloader on power off. I can say that using a wrong format file to flash can easily brick your phone because it can make your phone unbootable and it may not be able to enter bootloader forever.

For sorg, I completely understand your decision. I ever had that same feeling before. I think most of us here also have families but enjoy playing with phone for their hobby. It's quite addictive though. :D I believe you are too. Otherwise, you won't come back everyday to the forum and share some info with people. I also agree that making ROM for public takes lot of time and can invade one's privacy. So you are free to be away from sharing your ROM to public. However, it will be great if you can share your experience to others. You don't have to give out your kitchen or tools. Just tell us the way you are using to combine things to the final format of flashable file (this is what I asked you in my PM). I believe many of us here can understand your method and may be able to go further. I'm sure this is one of the greatest forums and everyone here will acknowledge your help.

Thanks.

there is another way to flash i8000 by using .EXE file. i've done it, but the .EXE is china unicom branded ROM. if its going to help to make our own custom ROM, i can upload it. but i dont know much of this kinda stuff, just let u guys know what i have seen.... :D

post-422854-1256783469_thumb.jpg

Edited by Lancez

Guest Khuanchai
there is another way to flash i8000 by using .EXE file. i've done it, but the .EXE is china unicom branded ROM. if its going to help to make our own custom ROM, i can upload it. but i dont know much of this kinda stuff, just let u guys know what i have seen.... :D

I think this EXE contains modified Octans with PDA and CSC (maybe a PHONE part). What we need now is a guide to make the PDA file that is flashable by Octans.

Maybe soon that one of our programmers can finally make a new Omnia II updater that can use OS.nb from any ROM kitchen.

Guest diverdude

Mr. Sorg, are you a Doctor too?

I knew you chefs were a step above the rest of us in the intelligence department. My respect to you all!

There are only a few that are able to do what you can do and most of us in this forum really do appreciate all your hard work!

There are always a few that are demanding and disrespectful but most are grateful and enjoy your work more then you will ever know.

You give hours and hours of enjoyment to so many in this forum, you should always know that, and please ignore the rude few. Most of us in the forum are the first ones to get on to someone who is out of line and demand that they right their wrong or go somewhere else with their bad behavior. You chefs are what make this forum what it is. Without you this forum would be almost pointless.

Mr. Sorg you are the FIRST to have engineered a cooked Rom for the O-2 so it is no wonder that we are in awe at what you have done. It should be no suprise to you that so many would love to have what you have created. You are the sole owner of your hard work and we respect that. It is just hard for us with less talent to see your wonderful creation and not be able to touch it. I have no doubt that soon others will finely be able to cook an O-2 Rom for the rest of us to enjoy. Thanks for the tease Mr. Sorg because now we know it can be done and for that alone, I am grateful.

All the Best! Diver

Edited by diverdude

Guest nikosxri

Ok Sorg, i think you are convinced now that we have nothing against you.

Give the guidelines to public and I will help you too.

Of course the only way I can help you is this: If you ever have backache pm me to give you the painkillers.(he, he, he,)

Also i can confirm that my collegue Khuanchai makes the cleanest fastest rom for Omnia I.

By the way dont forget your old habbit and your old thread.

Guest CF Chong
Ok Sorg, i think you are convinced now that we have nothing against you.

Give the guidelines to public and I will help you too.

Of course the only way I can help you is this: If you ever have backache pm me to give you the painkillers.(he, he, he,)

Also i can confirm that my collegue Khuanchai makes the cleanest fastest rom for Omnia I.

By the way dont forget your old habbit and your old thread.

Dear Sorg...just a suggestion...

Share your ROM but state clearly "Support NOT Included". :D

Guest bobobird

What is with you guys ??

There are people who write music but never ever sing it in public afraid that people will find either the music or voice terrible.

There are people who like to paint but never show the painting afraid that people will laugh or say bad things about his work.

Many examples of people who say that they do this or that but one never sees the actual this or that.

No amount of convincing will turn such people around and always have some reason for their behaviour. Many of these people are actually quite brilliant but their inward looking nature and feeling of insecurity prevents them from greater achievement.

So why bug Sorg ??? If he doesnt want to share anything, that is his right....

We try to convince him that the "rude people" argument is incorrect but dont we all have some ulterior motive for saying so??

So cut the guy some slack.

AndrewTan agreed 100%, This thread is going nowhere.