Restoring Original ROM

Guest Seannnn

Guest Seannnn

I have been searching for months now on how to downgrade my Omnia i900 back to the official samsung ROM, as i am currently using WM6.5 I900DXID1/DXID1. I cannot find any way that downgrades to the normal United Kingdom ROM, or that doesnt involve almost bricking my phone.. is there any way i can do this?!

x

Edited by Seannnn

Guest Carlos0371
I have been searching for months now on how to downgrade my Omnia i900 back to the official samsung ROM, as i am currently using WM6.5 I900DXID1/DXID1. I cannot find any way that downgrades to the normal United Kingdom ROM, or that doesnt involve almost bricking my phone.. is there any way i can do this?!

x

No such thing as a downgrade, you need to re-flash using the original ROM from your carrier.

More info needed, such as who your carrier (supplier) is if you need / want more help.

Carlos.

Guest Seannnn

Well, when i try to flash using the original samsung ROM it says "Incorrect Version Number"

My carrier is Vodafone UK, i thought it would simply be editing the registry to change the software version number but that makes no difference

Thanks x

Guest badtrip
Well, when i try to flash using the original samsung ROM it says "Incorrect Version Number"

My carrier is Vodafone UK, i thought it would simply be editing the registry to change the software version number but that makes no difference

Thanks x

That problem maybe is solved in your country!

You have to find a ROM that is unlocked.

Here in turkey, we are using roms starting with JU...

If you use a DX rom samsung wont let you flash to JU roms

Unless you find "code region hacked" roms.

After flashing the hacked rom you can go on flashing whatever ROM you want starting with your country's code!

The providers can undertand that a hacked rom is flashed, so you have to flash a "SECURE ROM" (just like the one you are trying to flash now :D )

Hope it helps..

Edited by badtrip

Guest Seannnn

I was just trying to follow this tutorial (http://www.modaco.com/content/i900-general-omnia-rom-discussion/276242/flashing-rom-incorrect-software-version-tutorial/) and while following these steps -

• Press the 'dial' key to the left of the optical pad to bring up the dialer
  • With the onscreen keypad input *#1546792*#
  • Select 'Preconfiguration'
  • Enter code *#81230*# and select OK
  • Select 'UK', with the default Operator
  • Accept this, DEVICE WILL HARD RESET

My device says, "To apply these changes, the device will now be formatted. Continue?" when i click yes, nothing happens, the software version does not change, the phone doesnt even soft reset, nothing. I really need a way of flashing back to the manufacturers ROM?!

I also tried the method above and not succeeded. So I looked for an 'old' ROM (yes, downgrade) from this link http://www.modaco.com/content/i900-general...re-version-fix/.

I use the DXHH3 to flash since it suitable to my country (for UK, maybe this one XXHH1 PDA : http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?icwabgoftw2 but pls check it yourself). After flashing succeeded then I use the latest Official Samsung Updater downloaded from Samsung web site to flash it again.

No more "incorrect version number". From then, I keep the DXHH3 ROM just in case.