CF03 i910 Series 8.5 ROMS - Waremike32

Guest waremike32

Guest waremike32
You mean teh 101 / 102 / etc subfolders the camera makes?

i never even thought about it trying to remedy it, it is a pain though

-anyone on the KB issue? as is now i (think) the stock kb is gone, as if you select it, it just goes back to the other one anyway

You'll have to install another keyboard via cab, then install and run default IM to make it your default.

Guest MrSmoofy

Just want to say I've pretty flippin happy with this ROM. I was about to pay $599 to go to an DROID because of all the problems I was having with my Omnia with locking up and draining the battery in an hour. I went back to the Verizon 6.1 rom and determined it was not hardware it was the ROM I was using. I won't mention who's because I think they worked their butt off to get it to us and I know others had no problems with it.

But so far in the last 48hrs I've not had 1 single problem with locks or it not responding and I've not had to charge the phone in 48 hours (previously if I didn't charge every 6 hours it would be dead)

I've only got a few things to work out:

1. Can't seem to get GPS working for Google or Bling (yes I've changed it from 911 only)

2. The one weather page I still need to figure out how to add some locations not in the list and possibly remove all the ones I will never use.

3. On the settings tab/view/page the "Wallpaper" item doesn't appear to do anything.

Other then that I think this is the best ROM I've tried so far.

Guest ravenecho

This is a great ROM (FLEO TESTER) and I am currently using it. Mike it says in first post an update is coming. Any word on its progress?

Looking forward to more from you.

Guest JONBOMBO

Im using the M2D Rom, which I LOVE.

One small issue. When i try and use BT to send a file from the computer to my phone im getting the error from the computer saying "he device does not have the necessary services"

Any idea how i can get this to work. BT is on and dicoverable.

Thanks and great work on your ROMS!!!!!

Guest MrSmoofy

Ok couple more questions:

1. At the bottom of the screen there are 5 icons (more to the right) is the only way to get to the ones on the screen to select the right most one until the one your looking for appears? Seems it would be nice if you could slide them back and forth to pick from them.

2. I'm still looking for some guidence on the weather tab. How do I find the file it's reading for the city/state/country info I'd like to add my own and remove a bunch that are there.

Think I had some other questions but my mind has gond blank right now.

Guest MrSmoofy

I remember now, is there anything to speed up the GPS or any good GPS utilities? I've still not gotten Google or Bing to lock on and I've waited 10 minutes outside it just doesn't appear to be working. Google does locate me without GPS.

I remember now, is there anything to speed up the GPS or any good GPS utilities? I've still not gotten Google or Bing to lock on and I've waited 10 minutes outside it just doesn't appear to be working. Google does locate me without GPS.

the file for the weather is \windows\HH_409_WeatherCities.xml, have you tried htc quick gps.here is the cab.

HTC_QuickGPS_patched.CAB

Edited by 70blzr

Guest MrSmoofy
the file for the weather is \windows\HH_409_WeatherCities.xml, have you tried htc quick gps.

If it's cab name is GPS_Quick_Position.cab then I'm trying it right now. Otherwise could you provide a link?

Thanks for the info on the weather xml file.

If it's cab name is GPS_Quick_Position.cab then I'm trying it right now. Otherwise could you provide a link?

Thanks for the info on the weather xml file.

i think the are are the same thing, hope it works for you

Guest waremike32

@JONBOMBO, Try the attached cab for bth file transfer fix. Let me know if it works.

@MrSmoofy, I usually run BAF gps toggle after a flash to get my first lock. After that, google maps works fine. The wallpaper settings does not function in M2d, this is a known issue.

WM32_bth_fix.cab

Guest JONBOMBO
@JONBOMBO, Try the attached cab for bth file transfer fix. Let me know if it works.

@MrSmoofy, I usually run BAF gps toggle after a flash to get my first lock. After that, google maps works fine. The wallpaper settings does not function in M2d, this is a known issue.

Testing now. Your reply is very much appreciated.

Guest JONBOMBO

That .cab did the trick! Thank you very much!

Everything is working very nicely on this ROM now, I really do love and appreciate your work.

Just one thing still. When i go to the photos tab and select the favorite album, nothing shows up. Am I doing something wrong????

Im just messin with ya. Sorry bout that, i can image you were getting a little hot reading that, but i just couldn't resist.

Thanks Again!

Oh, and Waremike...I just flipped you a little donation just to try and drive the "Thank You" point home, cause i really appreciate your work. I would't go and bunch your boss in the face right now, cause you aren't gonna be able to retire on it or anything. But Thank You just the same!

Edited by JONBOMBO

Guest fizeke136

Hi waremike,

First off, I really like your rom...it looks great and is really smooth and fast. however, i am still having a issue with the alarm and im not sure wat to do about it. the only time it will go off is if i have it plugged in to the charger. any suggestions as to why it may be doing this or how i could fix it?...thanks alot.

Hi waremike,

First off, I really like your rom...it looks great and is really smooth and fast. however, i am still having a issue with the alarm and im not sure wat to do about it. the only time it will go off is if i have it plugged in to the charger. any suggestions as to why it may be doing this or how i could fix it?...thanks alot.

which rom are you using, the fleo rom has a bug with the alarm that will fixed be with the update that is coming. i dont know about the other roms.

Guest Wildman3064132

Series 8 Base (Stock Titanium) 3rd post, Loaded (Neo) 2nd post , M2D2

***See post 18 for XDA_UC alternative

More of my ROMS HERE

Waremike32 I have a question, I have installed your 23081 base roms and installed M2D V2.0 cabs from "sector" posting which I believe that is the build you cooked into your M2D2 rom but for some reason I still cant get the weather settings for home page and audio menu to display anything on settings menu but a white screen, is there anyway you can instruct me on how you got these options working? And just in case you are wondering why I just dont want to use M2D build is that I can get free space to 140mb free with titanium and Touchflo 2D installed and all my applications of my liking.

Any help would be appreciated..

Update: Found a fix for home weather but still nothing on getting audio and settings menus... Still have white page displaying

post-509959-1258046624_thumb.png

Edited by Wildman3064132

Guest fizeke136
which rom are you using, the fleo rom has a bug with the alarm that will fixed be with the update that is coming. i dont know about the other roms.

Im using the fleo rom. i saw some people say they had a problem and others said they didnt so i wasnt sure if i was doing something wrong. But i guess i'll wait for the update then. thanx for the response.

Guest waremike32

@Wildman, I don't know off hand why you're getting the white screens, but I thought I saw it discussed in the general m2d2 thread, check it out.

For those having issues with the alarm on any rom/version, try this cab fix. Install to device and soft reset. Let me know if it works. Also, the alarm seems fully functional on all of the roms I am testing at the moment, including the base.

WM32_Alarm_fix.cab

Hey Waremike, that worked perfectly for me on 23506! Now I can once again use my Bluetooth FTP. Thx!!

Guest Wildman3064132
@Wildman, I don't know off hand why you're getting the white screens, but I thought I saw it discussed in the general m2d2 thread, check it out.

Yeah I had looked over that forum but I was just wondering if you did something differently on your rom but now is looks as if there is something that will only work right when cooked in that the cabs is missing... Well one more question, do you have titanium cab up for your rom to reinstall it on m2d2 rom?

Guest fizeke136

For those having issues with the alarm on any rom/version, try this cab fix. Install to device and soft reset. Let me know if it works. Also, the alarm seems fully functional on all of the roms I am testing at the moment, including the base.

Hi waremike,

just letting you know I tried the alarm cab fix on the fleo rom just now and it worked and it worked perfectly. thanks alot.

Waremike32, looking forward for the FLEO update. Thanks.

Please excuse me for the big quote:

user-offline.pngcheifkeiff ; USA.jpgto_post_off.gif Yesterday, 16:49

Regular

rank2.gif

Group: Posters

Member No.: 492,256

Device(s): i910 Wozzer 23088

spacer.gif

QUOTE(Wildman3064132 @ Nov 12 2009, 13:06) post_snapback.gifAre you sure you are not using the M2D 1.1 build instead of the 2.0 build because the photo menu only seems to work on 1.1, also now that I think about it I don't believe that has been a single cab installation for 2.0 yet.

Ya I am positive I am on 2.0 if you look a couple pages back there is a cab which I used but the weather is not geo location anymore like I said it has a runs a mortscript that updates off of the weather tab rather then being separate and it finding your location.

and since you don't believe me about the photos.......

img-resized.png Reduced 20% http://www.modaco.com/index.php?act=attach...st&id=42023 240 x 400 (80.13K) //

img-resized.png Reduced 20% http://www.modaco.com/index.php?act=attach...st&id=42024 240 x 400 (70.69K) //

This is from Sector's Mega M2D 2.0 thread, may be worth a look. Hope this may help to find a solution for the Photo tab. Thanks.

Edited by iandy1