CF03 i910 Series 8.5 ROMS - Waremike32

Guest waremike32

Guest waremike32

Those of us working on m2d2 for the i910 are aware that the photo tab is working for the i900. However, even using the exact same packages as them, all of us on the i910 still cannot get the tab to work on the new builds of 6.5.1. It does function on the old UI 6.5., but not builds with the larger softkey bar. We're still looking into, but no luck yet.

Guest PatFergie

Waremike - What a GREAT Rom. I have probably flashed to about 20 different roms and always had some problem/issue with them. I wanted to thank you for all the hard work in creating the m2d2 (which is what I'm now using). In fact, I went ahead and made a small donation which I NEVER do but I believed you deserved it.

After reading through the 14 pages and playing with it for the past couple of days, I have some comments and one question:

1) Someone had asked about a 3 column start page (versus the 4). I had tried one of the Blazingwolf roms and that question came up. He made a cab file called BW_3_Column_Start_menu_with_Hexagon.cab which will change it from the 4 column to the 3 column. Since I am a newbie here, I have no idea how to upload this file but I'm sure a search will find it (it's on one of the forums just can't remember which one). My eyesite is getting bad so I too like the 3 column start menu.

2) Someone had asked about how to change the softkeys to something different. Phone and Camera had the hard keys to make those changes and I too like something different (I want Contacts and GPS). I found a dab that worked for this called Manila Softkeys. It's not perfect (came back with an error message) but after making the changes and doing a soft reset, I was able to make the change.

3) Someone mentioned the battery life being better with this Rom and he is absolutely correct. I don't quite get the same usage as he does but mine has gone from dead in a half day to now lasting the entire day (which I am stoked about).

4) I too had a bluetooth problem (trying to Sync to my Ford truck) - I simply used your Bluetooth fix cab and it worked like a charm.

5) Now for my question: The only thing I can't seem to find (or figure out) is a missed call counter of some sort. On all other versions I've tried, there was always an icon that showed that I had a missed call and had a number listing how many. Is this a simple fix or am I simply missing something obvious?

Keep up the GREAT work!!! I am absolutely LOVING this one.

Pat

Those of us working on m2d2 for the i910 are aware that the photo tab is working for the i900. However, even using the exact same packages as them, all of us on the i910 still cannot get the tab to work on the new builds of 6.5.1. It does function on the old UI 6.5., but not builds with the larger softkey bar. We're still looking into, but no luck yet.

Thanks for your reply, cheifkeiff reports that he is using an i910 with Woozer's 23088 ROM and the AIO cab from Sector's thread, and have the Photo tab working.

I will try it myself and report back.

Thanks for your great FLEO ROM.

Edited by iandy1

Guest waremike32

Thanks Pat for the donation, very much appreciated! There is no missed call notice for m2d2, other than the top taskbar. It's something we're working on adding, but the port we are using does not have it included.

Edit:

I misunderstood your post iandy, I thought you meant Sector's rom thread. I see now that yes, cheifkeif is running m2d2 on an i910 w/ working photo tab. This does give me an idea. Either it is a reg issue (most likely) or something I'm including that Wozzer has removed, that is causing a conflict. Thanks for the heads up, I've definitely got something to go on here!

Edited by waremike32

Guest GollyJer
Thanks Pat for the donation, very much appreciated! There is no missed call notice for m2d2, other than the top taskbar. It's something we're working on adding, but the port we are using does not have it included.
This would be a killer addition. It's the only thing anyone (the three other people I've helped load M2D2) "complains" about. Awesome, awesome work with this ROM Mike.

Edit:

I misunderstood your post iandy, I thought you meant Sector's rom thread. I see now that yes, cheifkeif is running m2d2 on an i910 w/ working photo tab. This does give me an idea. Either it is a reg issue (most likely) or something I'm including that Wozzer has removed, that is causing a conflict. Thanks for the heads up, I've definitely got something to go on here!

Glad I can be of a little help.

Guest PatFergie
This would be a killer addition. It's the only thing anyone (the three other people I've helped load M2D2) "complains" about. Awesome, awesome work with this ROM Mike.

Yes, it would definitely be nice if someone could figure out how to include a missed call icon - similar to how the Messaging and Email icons work. But, this is still the best Rom I've come across so it is definitely a minor issue for me.

Waremike32, complete testing Woozer's 23088 ROM with the AIO M2D 2.0 cab and SDK certs.

I can confirm that the Photo tab works in this ROM, after choosing the favorite album.

With the AIO cab the weather in the Home tab do not autoupdate, always report "sunny".

Hope this can be of help for finding a solution for the Photo tab.

Looking forward for the FLEO update.

Thanks.

Guest waremike32

I spoke to Wozzer and I'm testing some theories, but as of now, no fix yet.

But, everything else is running well, build 23089 at the moment. I'll give the photo tab a little longer, but either way, updates are about done.

I spoke to Wozzer and I'm testing some theories, but as of now, no fix yet.

But, everything else is running well, build 23089 at the moment. I'll give the photo tab a little longer, but either way, updates are about done.

Thanks.

Guest brandogg

Looks very good, I've been using your 23047 ROM for a long time. Do you plan on releasing a "standard" version of this ROM (as in no TF or Neo Titanium) - or is it possible to simply disable both of these, and get back the regular Titanium menu?

:) Can we use this ROM on i900 ??? THANKS :D

This ROM's are only for the CDMA i910.

Please do not try on a GSM i900, that will kill your device for sure.

Check on the i900 section of this board for ROM's.

Guest sasohamer
This ROM's are only for the CDMA i910.

Please do not try on a GSM i900, that will kill your device for sure.

Check on the i900 section of this board for ROM's.

T H A N K S

Guest vash8806

I love the M2D rom, but it freezes the whole phone almost 4-5 times a day. I have to take battery out, even power button function stops. It happens every time I access my internet gmail account from the messaging application. I have it set to automatically check for updates every 30 minutes if that helps...

P.S. - I've been checking everyday for the FLEO udpate..haha..looks sick...can you do it to where in landscape, it'll change to neo and in portrait it'll switch to M2D?

Couple of questions about the base ROM or the upcoming FLEO ROM;

1. Does the base ROM have any of the Settings applets removed. WoZZer999's ultralight does which I find a bit distrubing.

2. Does Xt9 work on EZ-Input? It does onthe WoZZZer999 rom which is really nice.

3. Will M2D2 on the FLEO ROM be a memory hog. Every M2D2 ROM i have tried, has much lower program storage even with only one program running. Right now I have 5 programs active on WoZZZer999's ultralight titanium ROM with 50mb of program memory.

Guest waremike32
Couple of questions about the base ROM or the upcoming FLEO ROM;

1. Does the base ROM have any of the Settings applets removed. WoZZer999's ultralight does which I find a bit distrubing.

2. Does Xt9 work on EZ-Input? It does onthe WoZZZer999 rom which is really nice.

3. Will M2D2 on the FLEO ROM be a memory hog. Every M2D2 ROM i have tried, has much lower program storage even with only one program running. Right now I have 5 programs active on WoZZZer999's ultralight titanium ROM with 50mb of program memory.

1. All setting are present and functioning on the base rom

2. As of now, xt9 is not functioning w/ ezinput, but I'm looking into it.

3. M2D has a lot of resources running, so yes, it will affect the mem. I have separate neo and m2d2 roms for those who don't want both. I've been running the fleo the most lately and haven't had any performance issues. Even though my mem does run higher.

You'll have to install another keyboard via cab, then install and run default IM to make it your default.

you are correct sir! thought it definitely took me like 15 min to find a cab of default IM :).

also i am loving the m2, yeah the weather gets goofed sometimes, and people are talkin about alarms. but even still, its my fav interface so far and i wont be flashing away. def interested in bugfixes and updates though, lovin the rom. Good job with everything and a big thanks for actually being on here with support and helpful suggestions etc.

Guest waremike32
you are correct sir! thought it definitely took me like 15 min to find a cab of default IM :).

also i am loving the m2, yeah the weather gets goofed sometimes, and people are talkin about alarms. but even still, its my fav interface so far and i wont be flashing away. def interested in bugfixes and updates though, lovin the rom. Good job with everything and a big thanks for actually being on here with support and helpful suggestions etc.

Look back in the thread a bit, there are two cabs of note. An alarm fix and a bth fix. After that, all my roms are good to go. You won't need them in my upcoming releases though, the fixes will be included of course.

Guest Tazzyez

I havent had any issues with the weather being off but by a few miles.My town and neighboring being so close as in city lines cross each other no major problems.

Also Waremike32, did you remove voice dialing? or did i somply go crazy lol No really if its out can i get a cab to reinstall. Thx all is well so far, pic tab repair would make it even better. Thanks for all your hard work

Waremike32:

So do we may have a release tonight... or much closer to a release? Days, hours, minutes...

Sorry man, just checking the thread every 15.

Thanks for your hard work.

Guest waremike32

Most likely, a few days until my next releases. The only thing holding me up right now is getting the photo tab to fully function. But it has proved very difficult to nail down the issue.

I'm not rushing w/ these releases because I'd rather everything be fully functional and tested from the start, rather than releasing cab fixes and what not.

And on another note, my M2D 8.1 has passed 600 downloads, and all series 8 roms combined over 1000!!!!!!!

THANK YOU ALL FOR THE SUPPORT AND ENCOURAGEMENT!!!!

P.S. My personal fav, the kind rom, just hit 100 dls....hehehe *cough*

Edited by waremike32