CF03 i910 Series 8.5 ROMS - Waremike32

Guest waremike32

Guest punkwhan

Hi,

I have a question about the weather update in m2d2 home tab.

How often is an update supposed to happen?

Every hour?

How about the weather in weather tab?

I checked 'Download weather data automatically'.

It seems like it's not automatically updating.

It did once in last 12 hours, I think.

Thanks in advance.

Guest MrSmoofy
@MrSmoofy, I usually run BAF gps toggle after a flash to get my first lock. After that, google maps works fine. The wallpaper settings does not function in M2d, this is a known issue.

Thanks for the reply but what is the "BAF gps toggle" It still takes me 20-30 minutes to get a GPS lock and well if your needing directions that doesn't help much.

Second I think I found a bug. When I receive an email with a PDf attachment and try to open it (shows the Adobe PDF icon) it trying to open something to do with the TV Out as it complains that the TV Out cable much be attached.

Guest MrSmoofy
Thanks for the reply but what is the "BAF gps toggle" It still takes me 20-30 minutes to get a GPS lock and well if your needing directions that doesn't help much.

Second I think I found a bug. When I receive an email with a PDf attachment and try to open it (shows the Adobe PDF icon) it trying to open something to do with the TV Out as it complains that the TV Out cable much be attached.

Ok so I found the BAF gps toggle website and installed it. Then I figured out I had to turn off TouchFlo to see it. I turned it on and it said Seek: for a few seconds then went to Seek: 11

So I thought it had found them. So I truned it off and went to google maps but it couldn't find them. I turned that off and turned on the toggle again and this time Seek: 8

So I tried leaving it on and turning on google but I guess then google can't use the GPS chip as it stayed in initializing mode.

So what am I doing wrong and is there a way to toggle this on and off with TouchFlo on?

Guest lightbiter
Ok so I found the BAF gps toggle website and installed it. Then I figured out I had to turn off TouchFlo to see it. I turned it on and it said Seek: for a few seconds then went to Seek: 11

So I thought it had found them. So I truned it off and went to google maps but it couldn't find them. I turned that off and turned on the toggle again and this time Seek: 8

So I tried leaving it on and turning on google but I guess then google can't use the GPS chip as it stayed in initializing mode.

So what am I doing wrong and is there a way to toggle this on and off with TouchFlo on?

you have to let it get a lock before you kill baf

Guest Wildman3064132
I have tried PIM Backup and SPB Backup and SPB Backup gives "cemail.vol" error and PIM Backup reads error when restoring messages

Waremike32 I love the M2D2 and Base Roms of 23081 but I haven't been able to resolve the restore error when I attempt to run backup or recovery, it seems that file access rights to the email data file may be restricted or set to read only because any time I attempt to restore information contacts restores fine but email settings and message cant be restored properly.... I have gave Hartv427 build of build 23081 a try and I can restore everything without issues but I really perfer your base rom over his because of the space amount.

Just wanted to bring this to your attention because your roms are very nice but I deal with a number of email pushed to my unit regularly and backup is a very important thing for me, hope you can look into this little bug...

Thanks, keep up the nice work...

Edited by Wildman3064132

Guest Wildman3064132

Actually I use GPS Toggle and what I do is install a app called second today that allows you to have a virtual second today screen and I have GPS Toggle on this page this way I can activate this app and never have to look at it so when I am ready to use my gps my lock is instant. I set second desktop to only show when I press and hold menu button and can hide the same way but also since you are using M2D you can use Touchflo Detacher the same way and set GPS Toggle on desktop and hide with Touchflo and set menu on touchflo to hide when pressed allowing you to see the original desktop to check gps status.

Hope this helps you...

Thanks for posting a great rom. I am running 8.1 and am having problems with the home weather screen. For some reason it says Libreville and 78 degrees. I am definitely not in Libreville and no way is it 78 in northern Ohio. If I understand correctly, this weather location is automatically set by closest cell tower. Any idea why it would be defaulting to a location in Georgia?

Everything else is working great. Thank you again.

Guest waremike32
Waremike32 I love the M2D2 and Base Roms of 23081 but I haven't been able to resolve the restore error when I attempt to run backup or recovery, it seems that file access rights to the email data file may be restricted or set to read only because any time I attempt to restore information contacts restores fine but email settings and message cant be restored properly.... I have gave Hartv427 build of build 23081 a try and I can restore everything without issues but I really perfer your base rom over his because of the space amount.

Just wanted to bring this to your attention because your roms are very nice but I deal with a number of email pushed to my unit regularly and backup is a very important thing for me, hope you can look into this little bug...

Thanks, keep up the nice work...

I'll definitely be looking into this. I only backup/restore my contacts w/ pimbackup so I've never tested email. What did you use to make the initial backup?

Guest MrSmoofy
you have to let it get a lock before you kill baf

Thanks, I actually figured that out after reading. The unfortunate part is BAF still takes 20-30 min to get a lock and then I turn it off and turn on google and then I have to wait again for it another 10-20 min so doesn't seem to be helping me any.

Actually I use GPS Toggle and what I do is install a app called second today that allows you to have a virtual second today screen and I have GPS Toggle on this page this way I can activate this app and never have to look at it so when I am ready to use my gps my lock is instant. I set second desktop to only show when I press and hold menu button and can hide the same way but also since you are using M2D you can use Touchflo Detacher the same way and set GPS Toggle on desktop and hide with Touchflo and set menu on touchflo to hide when pressed allowing you to see the original desktop to check gps status.

Hope this helps you...

Hmm I'll have to check that out. Thanks.

Guest MrSmoofy

So is there any fix to this?

Also where can I get a cab for Office (word, excel, etc..)

Thanks

Guest Wildman3064132
I'll definitely be looking into this. I only backup/restore my contacts w/ pimbackup so I've never tested email. What did you use to make the initial backup?

Thanks for reply, I'm using Spb Backup for my backups.

Guest waremike32
So is there any fix to this?

Also where can I get a cab for Office (word, excel, etc..)

Thanks

Yeah, I'll have to make the correction in the registry. Here's the cab for the new office beta. For now, you can save the pdf file and open it from with the viewer.

Installing the cab may reset the file association for you too, but I'm not sure.

Download

Guest MrSmoofy
Yeah, I'll have to make the correction in the registry. Here's the cab for the new office beta. For now, you can save the pdf file and open it from with the viewer.

Installing the cab may reset the file association for you too, but I'm not sure.

Download

Thanks!

Guest SoupAssassin

Waremike32, your latest set of ROMS is damn close to being the flat out best available on the Omnia. A few nagging concerns which I'm sure your fixing aside, it is absolutely wonderful. Breathes a lot of new life into my Omnia.

But about those bugs (namely the fact that M2D2 is only halfway functional so far), when do you expect them squashed and a new release with FLEO? Within the week maybe? That non-funtioning photo tab is driving me bonkers, and I cant seem to add my own apps to the browser slide beside the built in youtube one.

Guest waremike32

The photo tab has been my priority, but still haven't found the issue. If it's not working soon, I'll be disabling the tab until it's fixed. Although I'll try to get some stuff out before the holiday, I will have some free time after that for sure.

The links for the internet tabs are controlled in the registry and can be added there. You'll have to included your own images for the icons too. There is no quick way to add them. It's not a function of m2d.

The photo tab has been my priority, but still haven't found the issue. If it's not working soon, I'll be disabling the tab until it's fixed. Although I'll try to get some stuff out before the holiday, I will have some free time after that for sure.

The links for the internet tabs are controlled in the registry and can be added there. You'll have to included your own images for the icons too. There is no quick way to add them. It's not a function of m2d.

Waremike, I flashed Lioryte 28002 and install M2D 2.0 AIO cab and Photo tab works!!

Out of the box, without any mod.

Hope this help, and also looking forward for the FLEO update.

Edited by iandy1

i love your build, just wanted to throw that out again.

so far the only issues bugging me are:

the keyboard is way to small for my fingers, but i can always use another one (as i am right now)

the weather detects me incorrectly 70% on the home screen, but is occasionally accurate! heh

my weather switches from C to F by itself, this is for the homescreen and weather tab

The weather in the weather tab remembers my location pretty consitantly, which is weird casue i assumed the homescreen just used the same settings? -but it needs updated every time i highlight it, even if its only like an hour or so later it will say "unavailable" then go into "updating". (i THINK its when it does this that it goes back to celcius, im not sure)

i have no isses with people, messaging, mail, internet (love how it uses mozilla, and love the youtube shortcut also), never tried photos, music works fine but is super basic, map search works well, and i dont use the program shortcuts, i just use the start menu for launches

i REALLY wish when you pressed "end call" it took you back to the home screen. like with most other interfaces pressing end call will "jump" you to the home screen, but in your m2d2 the phone just beeps and you stay on the currently highlighted tab. it would be GREAT to jump back to home.

also your keypad is very eye pleasing and looks awesome, but im not a huge fan wide but short buttons. i still miss the right ones sometimes unless im really paying attention.

all in all, even with the issues, its my current fav interface and your build is great. the apps you chose to leave in and cook in are just so close to mine i feel like you made the phone for my personal use.

you are the man

Edited by ugzz

Using M2D2 working fine aside from already known issues.

Looks great as well! kudos to waremike.

On a side note, I believe the only issue annoying me at the moment is when I close a program, the clock is set about an hour and change behind, then flips over to the correct current time. I thought it had something to do with activesync/wmdc but can't seem to figure it out. Any ideas?

Thanks for the great rom!

Guest MrSmoofy
On a side note, I believe the only issue annoying me at the moment is when I close a program, the clock is set about an hour and change behind, then flips over to the correct current time. I thought it had something to do with activesync/wmdc but can't seem to figure it out. Any ideas?

I asked this same question already, it's by design. It's 2 hours 2 minutes and is so they know which version you are using of the rom (I think that's what someone told me)

I asked this same question already, it's by design. It's 2 hours 2 minutes and is so they know which version you are using of the rom (I think that's what someone told me)

Mine ends up an hour and 2 minutes. Must have an option to change somehow I'd imagine. Could be time zone related issue too.

Guest Wildman3064132
Hey Ware

Theme changing (using M2DC) about half the themes I get work perfectly and some don't. I understand maybe the older themes have issues because of the build and location of buttons. I only seem to run into only a Clock and weather issue on the home page. Is there another way to change themes without M2DC? And how can I fix this theme!

post-519353-1256594201_thumb.jpg

this is an example of the problem

I found this theme at

http://omniarom.com/forum/index.php?topic=715.0

There is a easy fix for this issue that I have done before... (NOTE DISABLE M2D2 BEFORE ATTEMPTING TO OVERRIDE FILES)

1. Save the xmlsetting file from Preinstalled Stock theme (\Windows)

2. Install New theme and Save the xmlsetting file from new theme (\Windows)

3. Now copy all HOME PAGE information from stock xmlsettings file

4. Replace(Paste) it over HOME PAGE new theme xmlsetting file with configuration data from stock settings.

5. Save Changes

6. Copy and replace xmlsetting file on unit and restart and position should me corrected.

Edited by Wildman3064132

i absolutely love this rom. I don't think there will be many more releases for the omnia 910 that will be of such high caliber. i mean, this is a redicously stable rom with everything i need (.cab wise and m2d2 wise). With all the sweet phones coming out right now, the omnia will ultimately be left out in the dark. I will be waiting for the htc passion/dragon coming out in (hopefully) mid december, but this rom is, quite obviously, by far the best i've ever flashed. Thank you so much for making the omnia an enjoyable experience. stock omnia is pretty bad, but i've had so much fun over the past year giving my phone another identity. i have learned so much through this website and the amazing people that contribute. you people definitely have the skills to work for microsoft and SHOULD be working at microsoft!

Guest event121
i absolutely love this rom. I don't think there will be many more releases for the omnia 910 that will be of such high caliber. i mean, this is a redicously stable rom with everything i need (.cab wise and m2d2 wise). With all the sweet phones coming out right now, the omnia will ultimately be left out in the dark. I will be waiting for the htc passion/dragon coming out in (hopefully) mid december, but this rom is, quite obviously, by far the best i've ever flashed. Thank you so much for making the omnia an enjoyable experience. stock omnia is pretty bad, but i've had so much fun over the past year giving my phone another identity. i have learned so much through this website and the amazing people that contribute. you people definitely have the skills to work for microsoft and SHOULD be working at microsoft!

I second this entire post. Waremike, you done good.

Guest nmayer79
Thank you :(

Love the m2d rom (thats the touchflo one right?). I keep coming back to this rom after i try others out. Keep telling myself that i pick one and stick with it but you know how that goes :D . This is deff one of my favorites